Udaipur Travel Answers

change location
earthflyer's Profile Photo

Cheap luxory hotel in Udaipur

by earthflyer Online Now Mar 4, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Will heading for a 4 week trip around Rajasthan in less than two weeks time. I am on a budget but I want to break it for a couple of nights in a luxory hotel by the lake in Udaipur. has anybody got any recommendations where to stay, a kind of like a fancy palace style, I think it has do be done as this could be my last trip to India.

Thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • lynnehamman's Profile Photo

Re: Cheap luxory hotel in Udaipur

by lynnehamman Online Now Mar 4, 2012 at 12:37 PM

I have just had my 6th stay at Jaiwana Haveli. Not a 'luxury' hotel - but has the most perfect views of the lake and surrounding Arrevelli Hills.
    While I was there 2 weeks ago, I met another VT member who was staying there (at my recommendation incidentally) and he was very happy with the hotel. It was a great surprise meeting him there, because he had read my Udaipur page and saw my Jaiwana Hotel review.
    Many many VT members have stayed at Jaiwana. All have thanked me for recommending the hotel- which I do with total confidence.
    Price wise you cannot get better value. Its only Rupees 2300 per night.
    I have looked at other hotels (luxury) in Udaipur- and in my opinion, paying up to300 per night is just not a good idea.
    Have a look at my Udaipur accommodation tip.
    The Lake Palace is a fairy tale hotel in the middle of the lake- but now cheapest rooms are700 per night. If you can afford that- go for it.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Cheap luxory hotel in Udaipur

by Borisborough Online Now Mar 4, 2012 at 10:00 PM

You could try Dream Heaven Guest House. It does have budget rooms but there are one or two more up-market rooms. And the roof-top restaurant has great views across the lake.

• Re: Cheap luxory hotel in Udaipur

by goelkanika Online Now Mar 13, 2012 at 7:05 AM

You could try hotel Ram Pratap Palace. Its a small hotel right on the lake. They have some rooms also face the lake. They also have a small garden and serve breakfast overlooking the lake.

• ShifaI's Profile Photo

Re: Cheap luxory hotel in Udaipur

by ShifaI Online Now Aug 4, 2012 at 8:02 AM

When we arrived at Udaipur it was terribly raining... Had a blast coz the weather was awesome...:). I think July is the best season to visit Rajasthan...Enjoyed the friendly service and great food which was a change. Though it wasnt a resort but i guess if u wanna just shop n roam around the city its a good place to stay...Irshad, the auto rickshaw driver made our days in Udaipur. We met him just outside the hotel while looking for a vehicle to take us to the Palace. He is very friendly, helpful, has a very positive attitude.Poor guy stayed with us the whole day n charged us really less...If in case you wanna shop or roam around do contact him...
    Contact no of Irshad: 9829231120
    You can check out Flora Club Mahindra... its quite reasonable

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines