Udaipur Travel Answers

change location

Family activities in early July

by happi_today Online Now Jun 15, 2010 at 7:40 AM

We are a family of four (2kids 12 and 9) coming to Udaipur late June/early July for 3 nights. I know it is not the best time but that's our vacation time :( I would like to know what activities are available at this time other than sightseeing. For example: I have heard about camel safaris, desert campfires, dance programs, jeep adventures, etc. Are any of these recommended or available during my time period there? Really appreciate informative replies. Thanks a bunch!

Quote & Answer
8 Answers
  • lynnehamman's Profile Photo

Re: Family activities in early July

by lynnehamman Online Now Jun 15, 2010 at 5:32 PM

Hi I visit Udaipur frequently, and have made extensive tips on my Udaipur page. I suggest that you read them- the link is on my HOMEPAGE. Click on my name, and the home page will appear- then click on UDAIPUR link.
    Its a beautiful city that I love- plenty to do & see.
    Regards

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Family activities in early July

by happi_today Online Now Jun 15, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Thanks for your reply Lynne. Your Udaipur page is awesome - very inspirational with beautiful pictures. But, Maybe I missed an entry about what is available in June/July time frame there? Would have loved to go in Dec - but schedule dictates otherwise!
    Would still like to know if any activities for kids/families is available in late june....
    Thanks.

by lynnehamman Online Now Jun 18, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Dheeraj

Being new to VT- you seem to be unaware of what the website is all about. Information is given by members regarding destinations - because they have personally travelled to destination, and therfore can give information on their various pages. Udaipur has many good pages on VT with lots of good info.
    Why then recommend an outside website?

by cecelia80 Online Now Jun 18, 2010 at 4:55 AM

hello, my brother has just come back from India with his wife and 2 kids (14 and 12) he really enjoyed it and as I need to go on holiday myself, he highly recommended visiting Rajasthan and Agra. He went on a safari and rode on camel back as well. His kids really enjoyed it. He booked the trip on this website www.shantitravel.com you can click on "rajasthan and Agra" and then on "tigers, dunes and palaces" and you can get all the details you want.

by lynnehamman Online Now Jun 18, 2010 at 4:19 PM

happi

June/July is LOW season in Rajasthan (hence in Udaipur-) however most activities that I list (under 'things to do) on Udaipur page will still be possible to see & do. There are tourists that still visit during the low season, and accommodation should be cheaper too.

by davlap Online Now Dec 3, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Hi, well i,m sure you will enjoy Udaipur.There are lot,s of touristy things to do, but my recomendation would be to go to The animal aid unlimited hospital and shelter.Do a day or more of volunteer work, you most probably will just hang around and pat the animals. It would be great for kids as a learning expierience and as something i can assure you you will leave feeling so grateful and appricative you did something constructive and worthwile. It was a fantastic experience. Read my tip page for more. Cheers Dave. Also if you need i have the number of an excellent auto rickshaw driver. just let me know. He,s cheap, trustworthy and a lovely fellow.

by lynnehamman Online Now Dec 3, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Dave

This post is 6 months old- family has been and gone from Udaipur

by davlap Online Now Dec 4, 2010 at 1:37 AM

ohh ouch, it late. thats my excuse.