Travel Answers
Udaipur

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Any sports bar in Udaipur to watch live football?

by KristianBach Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 5:03 AM

Does anyone know about a place to watch for example Sky sports 2 (UK channel) or the Indien sport channel Ten Sports and Teen sports Live in Udaipur?
      The 1/4-finals of Champions League are on tonight and tomorrow night, and I would really love to watch the games :-)
      Kristian Bach, Denmark

4 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 11:02 PM
    • 3D-2N Udaipur Tour-Suggest Itineray

by tushal Online Now Nov 26, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Will be landing Udaipur on 30th of Nov in morning.

Places of Intreset- Udaipur,Nathdwara,Ranakpur,Mount Abu and Kumbalgarh.

We are college friends and is our last trip of long 5 yrs journey.So want 2 enjoy and explore maximum out of the tour.

After long discussion we have settled on Udaipur and Nathdwara.

But want 2 add one more to make a complete treat, for which i am too little confused among RanakPur, Kumbalgarh and Mount Abu,:-( Plz suggest the Itineray.

One more thing... In Rajasthan there are elections on 1st of Dec..So will it be fine to tour at this time?.we will be travelling by private and local buses.
      Also, the main spots and palaces will be open on the day of elections?..Like City Palace's Music and Light Show in the evening, Dance show at Bagore ki Haveli are the main theme of attractions.

M worried ,as is my last tour with college friends. Plz Suggest.

Thanks in anticipation.

9 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 3:06 AM
    • MichaelC56's Profile Photo

Meeting up with other travelers...

by MichaelC56 Online Now Sep 3, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Hi there, I'm an Australian photographer who's just arrived in Udaipur to do a photography project with some nearby villages. The project is great and the locals helping me are very generous and friendly, but I'd love to occasionally get out and hang out with other travelers and see some beautiful places now and then for my own sanity!

Also anyone recommend any art classes? Anyone volunteered at the animal shelter?

So anyway drop me a line if you're in Udaipur too and would have similar interests... some of the photos from the project are here -> portraitsofwater.wordpress.c...;

I'm here until 19th sept.

cheerios Michael

7 Answers Sep 15, 2013 at 9:49 PM
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

VT Meet Posted

by Donna_in_India Online Now Jul 25, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Hope you can join us in Udaipur.... members.virtualtourist.com/m...

11 Answers Sep 12, 2013 at 9:47 AM
    • dr.sanjay

by sanjayklhedkar Online Now Nov 29, 2012 at 12:56 AM

freqently i visit nathdwara.i want to visit abu mount in dec.how can i travell from nathdwara to abu?is it a1 day trip?

2 Answers Nov 29, 2012 at 8:39 AM
    • Unique Mines viewing experience

by RohitH95 Online Now Oct 25, 2011 at 5:19 AM

Hello everyone.

I would like to get your opinions on something. My family owns one of the oldest mines in Rajasthan, one of the best soapstone and dolomite mines. Recently we were thinking about opening it to tourists who are interested, as it as a really unique experience. It has never been opened to anyone except for select family before.

It is an established mines, a hundred years old, and picture perfect. There are over 400 people working there, and not one fatality since it started ! It has also won the National Mines Safety Award by the now former President (Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam).

I wanted to know if tourists would be interested to see and experience our mines for a small fee, just to cover our expenses for providing you with a local guide to show you around.

It really is a very different experience, seeing the vast pits unfold before your eyes, hundreds of metres wide, and the way open pit mining is done. The way the mills work, blowing particles of stone to a fine talcum powder. Add a bit of perfume to that, and you have yourself some body powder that you use daily ! Rajasthan is famous for it !

It is away from the city, 7 kilometres before Nathdwara, and easily accesible by car.

Anyone who visits will also be provided with a free sample of the materials we mine ! :)

5 Answers Oct 25, 2011 at 1:03 PM
    • best roof top restaurant in udaipur

by jatwoorld1 Online Now Oct 6, 2010 at 12:31 AM

how is fateh prakash roof top restaurant...what is exact distance from chetak circle....and what is the price

3 Answers May 23, 2014 at 3:30 PM
    • Food

by aarti17 Online Now Sep 25, 2010 at 1:13 AM

Where is the german Bakery in Udaipur?

• Jhadol

by udaipurjuly2010 Online Now Jun 21, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Hi, we will be spending some time in Jhadol. Does anybody know what this area is like (sight seeing, restaurants, any western supermarkets)? Thanks again!

• Udaipur Supermarkets

by udaipurjuly2010 Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Does anyone know if there are any supermarkets in Udaipur that sell western food such as western cereals or plain bread? Thanks!

6 Answers Jan 7, 2011 at 10:50 AM
    • Decent time to visit Udaipur in June end?

by Prakashgupta Online Now May 27, 2010 at 6:30 AM

Wanted to know whether it wud be ok if i visit Udaipur wid my family (wife n two small kids) in june end? I wud most probably be reaching by road from Agra in my private car, for 3-4 days. Will the whether be ok or will it be still very hot then? And is the road from Agro to Udaipur decent enough? Pls reply early for me to plan the delhi, agra, udaipur trip.

4 Answers May 27, 2010 at 11:47 PM
    • doofus's Profile Photo

Nukkad Guest House

by doofus Online Now May 23, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Hi, Due to serious illnes did not make our planned trip to Udaipur during winter just gone. However, now up and running again and still in the clear!
      Will be in Udaipur for 17 nights. Want to book a few nights at the Jaiwana Haveli during the stay and will also stay at Mountain Ridge at the end of our stay. Looking at one other place as well to stay that I have read good things about ie the Nukkad Guest House. Does anyone have an views of this place or , better still, stayed there and could comment please.

Regards, Pete

16 Answers Jun 2, 2010 at 1:43 AM
    • doclee's Profile Photo

Flights from Jaipur to Udaipur

by doclee Online Now Apr 26, 2010 at 4:40 AM

We are visiting in October and are scheduled to travel from Jaipur to Udaipur on a Sunday. Are there any direct flights from Jaipur to Udaipur on that day? Several sites on the internet give Jetair flight 9W709 or 9W2207 as leaving at 0700hrs and arriving at 0745hrs but I am unable to find the Jetair site at which I can book. All the search engines fail to find this flight but come up with flights via Delhi of Mumbai, typically with waits between flights of between 4 and 7 hours. Does anybody know whether Jetair flight 9W709 or 9W2207 actually exists and if so how can I book onto it? Failing that, is there a train between the 2 cities which doesn't go overnight?
      Travel by road, I'm afraid, is for various reasons ruled out.
      Many thanks for any help.
      Tony Lee

1 Answer Sep 10, 2010 at 10:40 AM
    • Dee_P's Profile Photo

Best Night dance performance in Udaipur

by Dee_P Online Now Feb 18, 2010 at 5:17 AM

I understand there are some good nightly dance performances in Udaipur. Does anyone know of any really good ones and do we have to book in advance?

1 Answer Feb 19, 2010 at 1:56 AM
    • dining

by priyasinghal Online Now Dec 12, 2009 at 10:35 PM

is there a dining facility in taj lake palace for tourists who want to enjoy food but r not residing in taj lake palace....................

4 Answers Feb 16, 2010 at 9:47 AM
    • Night trains Jodhpur / Jaisalmer

by burmtra Online Now Oct 19, 2009 at 3:26 AM

Does any1 know if night trains run between Udaipor and Jodhpur, or Udaipor & Jaisalmer.

I cant seem to find any on the IRTCTC website.

thanks

2 Answers Oct 21, 2009 at 5:58 PM
    • orchid49's Profile Photo

Shilpgram Festival

by orchid49 Online Now Oct 27, 2008 at 8:09 PM

Please advise Shilpgram Festival this year: which period and any interesting ?

How to get to there from Udaipur ?

3 Answers Nov 2, 2008 at 3:12 AM
    • esof's Profile Photo

The lakes around Udaipur

by esof Online Now Sep 18, 2008 at 10:37 AM

Hello everybody!
      Can anybody give me an idea about the state of the Udaipur lakes? I've read that they've partly dried up recently, and that they are very filthy. However a decent monsoon rain, and some new canals were supposed to help.

Anybody been their recently? Should it still be included on my tight India schedule?

Thanks!!

7 Answers Sep 24, 2012 at 7:14 AM
    • visitng Kumbhalgarh from Udaipur

by xanderde Online Now Aug 9, 2008 at 6:02 AM

I really want to visit Kumbhalgarh fort and wildlife park, but am totally cluless about logistics! please let me know if you have any information and prices for:

-A cheap hotel near Kumbhalgarh
      -Getting to Kumbhalgarh from udaipur airport - taxi cost? Or pre arranged coach tour etc?

any other tips or comments from those who have been here would be appreciated!

thanks

alex

1 Answer Sep 13, 2008 at 6:17 PM
    • Nukkad Guest House email adress

by xbarrull Online Now Jul 7, 2008 at 9:23 AM

Does anybody know an email adress from Nukkad Guest House in Udaipur?
      Thank you

1 Answer Jul 7, 2008 at 5:30 PM
    • appleroque08's Profile Photo

easy way

by appleroque08 Online Now Jun 10, 2008 at 8:46 AM

what's the fastest and cheapest way to udaipur? tnx...

6 Answers Sep 13, 2008 at 6:10 PM
    • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Udaipur to Mount Abu

by Donna_in_India Online Now Dec 2, 2007 at 9:47 AM

Hi - Can anyone tell me how long the drive is from Udaipur to Mount Abu? Is there a train - how long is that? Thanks.

3 Answers Apr 25, 2008 at 11:29 PM
    • Bus from Udaipur to Chittodgarh

by gigimt Online Now Apr 1, 2007 at 4:27 AM

I am arriving Udaipur in morning 8.10 by flight. How can I get an early delux bus to Chittodgarh? Is there frequest bus from Udaipur? How far the bus station from Airport? Someone please help me to get the information.

• Bus from Jodhpur to Udaipur

by Nar Online Now Jan 17, 2007 at 4:43 PM

Anybody knows buses from Jodhpur to Udaipur and Udaipur to Mt Abu.

1 Answer Jan 18, 2007 at 5:02 AM
    • Bus travel from Jodhpur to Udaipur

by mohanshenoy Online Now Oct 22, 2006 at 9:59 PM

What is the travel time for regular luxury buses from Jodhpur to Udaipur for night travel and for day travel separately?

2 Answers Dec 12, 2006 at 8:22 AM
    • weather

by aryan_5577 Online Now Feb 8, 2006 at 9:08 AM

how's the weather in udaipur in september and october?

thanks

3 Answers Mar 30, 2006 at 3:21 PM
    • Das_'s Profile Photo

few qwestion about Udaipur

by Das_ Online Now Mar 2, 2005 at 9:40 AM

i plane to travel to Udaipur in April this year 2005.

i would like to know the situation of the lake, if there any water. also i would like to know about the whether situation in April, May, june, July. speciely the temperture situation ( in C) and the rain.
      one more qwestion: i plane to stay in Udaipur few months for profetional motive, lerning the Miniatur painting techniqe.( if it is not to hot there ofcorss) so i'd like to know if it will be possible to rent there apartment or a room for one month or more, and what the rental fee is.
      thank you very much for your help and answers.

P. s. as it is my first trip to india,i find the tips here, and the advices very halpfull and suportive.

2 Answers Oct 22, 2006 at 11:55 PM
    • hotel availability in udaipur

by Malini100 Online Now Nov 20, 2004 at 2:03 PM

Hi I'm looking for a hotel on the 27th Dec in Udaipur, preferably a deluxe or heritage. Does anyone have suggestions or availability ? thank you

3 Answers Mar 16, 2007 at 8:14 AM
    • devi garh

by pravdr Online Now Jul 27, 2004 at 1:17 AM

want to know from fellow travellers who have stayed at devi garh their experience about the place.

• udaipur accom.

by dantone Online Now Jan 19, 2004 at 10:57 PM

hi i'm travelling to udaipur in march and looking for some accom for about 4 nights. my wife and i are travelling with my mother and so we need to have some ground floor accom. would like to get some idea of prices also. thanks, tony

3 Answers Nov 13, 2006 at 2:01 AM