Udaipur Travel Answers

change location

Udaipur Supermarkets

by udaipurjuly2010 Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Does anyone know if there are any supermarkets in Udaipur that sell western food such as western cereals or plain bread? Thanks!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Re: Udaipur Supermarkets

by Donna_in_India Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Yes, you wil find Big Bazaar/Food Bazaar and other such grocery stores that stock all types of western food. "Plain" bread will be available everywhere, including the local grocers/markets.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 5:19 PM

The area around Lal Ghat has many small convenience stores that will sell these products. Next to Jaiwana Hotel there is one calleD Lake City store and we have always bought whatever we needed there.
    Please do not hesitate to email me if you need any more in about Udaipur- its almost like a 2nd home to me. I have made a page about Udiapur, and the link is on my HOMEPAGE.

• Re: Udaipur Supermarkets

by udaipurjuly2010 Online Now Jun 13, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Thank you so much for the replies! I'll definitely try these places when I'm there

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Jun 18, 2010 at 1:31 AM

dhiraj

I notice that you have just joined VT. The whole idea of VT is for travelers to find information on THIS website wherever possible.There are very good pages about Udiapur right here on VT- with a lot of information that travelers give after they have visited Udaipur- and also same goes for India. Many good pages on India. It is prefarable that people can find what they are looking for on this website, VT. If they cannot find what they need, then they can go to outside websites.

by Donna_in_India Online Now Jan 7, 2011 at 10:09 AM

There are some people with dietary issues, some that don't like Indian food, and Westerns who live there that long for their "own" foods.

I really don't think it's correct to blame packaging from Western foods on the environmental issues in India.

And what about diapers, plastic bags, etc., etc., etc.? Education is the answer - especially with young people. It's hard for people who have been doing the same thing for 50-60 years to change their ways. When they came up with the plastic bag restrictions in Mumbai, hardly anything changed. People were still getting them at the markets, etc. The Arabian Sea off Mumbai is full of them.

by Donna_in_India Online Now Jan 7, 2011 at 10:50 AM

The post I responded to was deleted.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines