Udaipur Travel Answers

change location

Decent time to visit Udaipur in June end?

by Prakashgupta Online Now May 27, 2010 at 6:30 AM

Wanted to know whether it wud be ok if i visit Udaipur wid my family (wife n two small kids) in june end? I wud most probably be reaching by road from Agra in my private car, for 3-4 days. Will the whether be ok or will it be still very hot then? And is the road from Agro to Udaipur decent enough? Pls reply early for me to plan the delhi, agra, udaipur trip.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • marky83's Profile Photo

Re: Decent time to visit Udaipur in June end?

by marky83 Online Now May 27, 2010 at 7:50 AM

Hi there ... Udaipur is a cool little town to visit, in June the weather is usually very hot, could be in the high 30 degrees celcius and wet as during monsoon season. Say that though, i went in July 2008 and was hot, low 30's with no rain.

Enjoy!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now May 27, 2010 at 5:38 PM

Yes- it WOULD be ok to visit in June- although as previously stated, hot & may be a bit wet. The last few years the monsoon has not been strong in Udaipur- also unpredictable regarding as to when it will arrive.
    Have you considered traveling by train between these destination? We frequently visit Udaipur, where I have a number of good friends- and I must confess that I think the roads are very dangerous, busy and not always easy to drive. Especially as you have your children with you.

• Re: Decent time to visit Udaipur in June end?

by Prakashgupta Online Now May 27, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Thanx for ur reply....i wont get reservations in trains from agra....plus i wanted to experience driving in rajasthan as ppl say tht it very interesting...and if the weather is decent enough....i wud love to go by road....shud i go ahead wid my prog?

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now May 27, 2010 at 11:47 PM

My personal opinion is NO- driving in Rajasthan is pretty- but roads are deathtraps. We have traveled with an experienced Indian driver- he was a good driver, by the way- and I had a few nervous breakdowns. The road rules are- NO RULES. There is no reason why you cannot get a train from Agra. Many pass through en route to Rajasthan from there.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines