Udaipur Travel Answers

change location
esof's Profile Photo

The lakes around Udaipur

by esof Online Now Sep 18, 2008 at 10:37 AM

Hello everybody!
Can anybody give me an idea about the state of the Udaipur lakes? I've read that they've partly dried up recently, and that they are very filthy. However a decent monsoon rain, and some new canals were supposed to help.

Anybody been their recently? Should it still be included on my tight India schedule?

Thanks!!

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • lynnehamman's Profile Photo

Re: The lakes around Udaipur

by lynnehamman Online Now Sep 21, 2008 at 4:29 AM

Hi..........I am a frequent visitor to Udaipur, and am going again in December.I have friends there, and keep in touch with them. Just yesterday got an email regarding water levels of the lake....it is raining a lot, and the Lake is filling up . I am assured by my friends that it will soon be at a good level, so do go....its a magical city. My Rajasthan Page has a it of info & some pictures.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • gangani2's Profile Photo

by gangani2 Online Now Sep 21, 2008 at 8:46 AM

I m in Udaipur as i live in udaipur.. we having some good rains.. the lakes so far u can say they cover up area.. only 3 feet water in lake.. not very much but not completly dried..
    ajay

• Chintoo's Profile Photo

by Chintoo Online Now Sep 23, 2008 at 3:55 AM

Hi,

I'd say don't miss Udaipur as it is one of the most beautiful cities in Rajasthan. Even if the lakes are empty (although its not), there is a lot to see apart from the lakes. A very beautiful, neat & clean historic city with a huge range of accommodation, moreover well connected. I suggest you not to miss during your India trip.

Chin2

• esof's Profile Photo

by esof Online Now Dec 30, 2008 at 1:03 AM

Thanks to all of you! I went to Udaipur and it was one of the highlights of our trip!
    Water situation was adequate...

• lynnehamman's Profile Photo

by lynnehamman Online Now Dec 30, 2008 at 7:44 AM

I also just came from Udaipur- beautiful as always!!!And enough water in the lake!

• Sapna1's Profile Photo

by Sapna1 Online Now Jul 7, 2012 at 12:35 AM

Lake Pichola, Udai Sagar Lake, Fateh Sagar Lake, Rajsamand Lake and Jaisamand Lake are the five prominent lakes of Udaipur. Read More about Udaipur 'City of Lakes' Visit at http://www.alltraveltips4me.com

• udaipurmagic's Profile Photo

by udaipurmagic Online Now Sep 24, 2012 at 7:14 AM

Would like to write updates about udaipur that all the lakes in city are full and there is enough water in the lake till early 2014.
    Fateh sagar and pichola lake is over flowing

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines