Udaipur Travel Answers

change location
Das_'s Profile Photo

few qwestion about Udaipur

by Das_ Online Now Mar 2, 2005 at 9:40 AM

i plane to travel to Udaipur in April this year 2005.

i would like to know the situation of the lake, if there any water. also i would like to know about the whether situation in April, May, june, July. speciely the temperture situation ( in C) and the rain.
one more qwestion: i plane to stay in Udaipur few months for profetional motive, lerning the Miniatur painting techniqe.( if it is not to hot there ofcorss) so i'd like to know if it will be possible to rent there apartment or a room for one month or more, and what the rental fee is.
thank you very much for your help and answers.

P. s. as it is my first trip to india,i find the tips here, and the advices very halpfull and suportive.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • paulachin's Profile Photo

RE: few qwestion about Udaipur

by paulachin Online Now Jun 5, 2005 at 10:34 AM

I am sorry to disappoint you but the lake in Udaipur is just a memory now.
    Not one drop of water was visible in what once was the lake. I was there five month ago.
    Ironically the local travel agents still booked us for a romantic and suggestive "sunset cruise" on the lake!.
    But don't worry, the city is still spectacular and the Lake Palace Hotel is still as beautiful as it was the first time I saw it many years ago.
    Good luck and congratulation for your study. I visited one of these school and brought back several miniature silk painting. What pieces of art!!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • atufft's Profile Photo

RE: RE: few qwestion about Udaipur

by atufft Online Now Oct 22, 2006 at 11:55 PM

You must have gone during a drought or dry season. I was there in winter of 1997 and there was plenty of water, and we took a night boat over to dine at the famous princely house. It may be that the lake is being restored because I believe that is is partially artificial, being contained by Rajput engineering. The water is certainly not clean because of the bathing activity in it. You could probably find a decent place to rent there for very cheap.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines