change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• dennyandconnie's Profile Photo

bali in january

by dennyandconnie Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 5:27 AM

m wife and i are heading to bali for a week (4 days ubud/3 jimbaran). see that it is rainy season and quite hot. does it tend to rain all day or hit and miss showers. also plan to stay with a family instead of hotel in ubud. no AC just fans. would love to have this more authentic visit but can't go 3 days without sleep before our 3 weeks in vietnam and cambodia.

more
    • dennyandconnie's Profile Photo

bali in january

by dennyandconnie Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 5:27 AM

m wife and i are heading to bali for a week (4 days ubud/3 jimbaran). see that it is rainy season and quite hot. does it tend to rain all day or hit and miss showers. also plan to stay with a family instead of hotel in ubud. no AC just fans. would love to have this more authentic visit but can't go 3 days without sleep before our 3 weeks in vietnam and cambodia.

2 Answers Jun 25, 2014 at 5:15 PM
    • ubud weather july

by s.ken Online Now May 23, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Hello, i am thinking about booking a holiday to Bali in July, staying in Ubud. The reports online regarding the weather at this time of year seem to vary widely from complaints from some that it is cold and rainy, to others who say that it is hot. Can anyone who has been to Bali at this time of year please advise what it is generally like?
      Many thanks

6 Answers May 29, 2014 at 1:41 AM
    • Roman Blinds/Curtain at Ubud

by Derozarionorasharon Online Now May 15, 2014 at 1:25 AM

Would anyone have any clue if I could get good roman blinds, bali blinds or curtains near ubud?
      Much appreciated.
      I bought so much in ubud that I forgot my ways to get my curtains for my new home.

Thanks..

• capelkay's Profile Photo

Ubud accomodation

by capelkay Online Now Mar 30, 2014 at 7:44 PM

Looking for something budget value for money, good location and a balcony.
      am open to suggestions, just a bit over googling hotels - they all look the same after a while.

I know there is some quaint awesomely cheap accommodation but I find it very difficult to scroll through website accom and would prefer personal recommendation.
      we are 3 middle aged girls just looking to kick back for r & r drinks on our room balcony and a stroll to things to see and do.
      all advice will be greatly appreciated.

4 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 8:13 PM
    • Jeneil's Profile Photo

Ubud Activities

by Jeneil Online Now Mar 10, 2014 at 1:12 AM

Hi, we are travelling to Ubud in early May. What would you recommend as the best white water rafting, cooking class and spa options? We are spending 6 days there.

4 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 9:22 AM
    • we r 2 ladies coming from india.

by narayaniaiyar Online Now Mar 2, 2014 at 10:14 PM

we want a taxi to pick us from the airport.
      and drop us back.
      do u suggest ubud or seminayak?
      we are not beachy persons.
      mom is 80 . I am 60.
      we cannot bear the heat of kuta. so is ubud a good choice?
      secondly, is it easy to go to kintamani and other places form ubud?
      please advise.
      which is a good place to satay in ubud?
      radha.

7 Answers May 9, 2014 at 10:11 PM
    • joancansdale's Profile Photo

Taking food to Bali

by joancansdale Online Now Jan 10, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I want to know, even though I declare that I have food, what is not allowed into Bali?

6 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 8:37 AM
    • amie1990's Profile Photo

Accomodation in Ubud

by amie1990 Online Now Jan 7, 2014 at 2:13 AM

can anyone suggest accommodation in Ubud? would prefer a bungalow/villa type place, within walking distance to the main town, and less then around $40 p/n
      any suggestions much appreciated

2 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 9:41 PM
    • Accomodation in ubud

by shefali9 Online Now Dec 12, 2013 at 6:48 AM

hi i'm looking for cheap places to stay in ubud ? will be travelling solo in jan 2014. Clean place with friendly people around ..

5 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 7:29 PM
    • Accomodation in Ubud

by OttersTrotters Online Now Nov 15, 2013 at 3:47 AM

We will be in Ubud for 2 days only and are looking for fairly central accommodation. We want to see the Monkey Forest, and stroll around the sites (I don't want to have to hire a car). We'd also like to see some of the rice field (I do understand that without a car we'll be on the beaten track).

We're after a private room, with ensuite. Clean but doesn't have to be fancy, that will allow us to appreciate Ubud by foot. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 3:00 AM
    • visa requirements..

by subabu2002 Online Now Oct 28, 2013 at 7:52 AM

dear members,

i am suresh babu from india.. i , my wife and my 11 yrs son planned to visit bali(ubud) on nov 8 - 10.. for this, i must need to clear some doubts.. i will start our trip from singapore..so we planned to get visa on arrival at airport..

for this , what important documents need to be fulfilled? other than return air tickets, do i need any other advanced hotel bookings needed? any mimimum amount of cash need?

any suggestions?

thank you
      suresh babu

6 Answers Jan 25, 2014 at 5:33 PM
    • Where to get Passport Photo taken in Ubud?

by mbeeche Online Now Sep 12, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Living in Ubud and need to get passport photos taken of my daughters - any idea where to get these?

4 Answers Oct 12, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    • cris2984's Profile Photo

dempasar to ubud

by cris2984 Online Now Jun 26, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Hello everybody,,,the next week I'm heading to Ubud....and I'm so excited!!!
      I would like to know, when arrive to Dempasar airport, what transport I have to take?...I read about it...but i would like to know for others travellers...I'm arriving about 1,30 in the night is too late for some transports...and I think the taxi is the unic option....but one much I have to pay...from dempasar to Ubud???
      thanks

7 Answers Jun 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM
    • Long-Term Woodworking Course

by le0nard0 Online Now Jun 18, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I am wondering if there is anywhere in Ubud, or anywhere else in Bali where these wood carvers take on apprentices. I am amazed at the beauty of the wood sculpture I see from Bali, and especially Ubud, and I am hoping that there is some way that I can train/study under a woodcarver, whether formally or informally, for at least a year. But any help with any specifics about any carving courses would be appreciated. But I am hoping to find a carver who will be kind enough to take me on as a pupil/apprentice.

3 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 5:08 PM
    • tumbytraveller's Profile Photo

ubud weather

by tumbytraveller Online Now Jun 10, 2013 at 2:53 AM

looks like there is currently quite a few thunder storms, thought june would be dry season. Is there much rain in ubud area at the moment and is it at night usually or all day as well?

2 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    • Karenkii's Profile Photo

2 mths stay for health, healing, rejuvenation and to feed my artistic soul

by Karenkii Online Now May 11, 2013 at 3:57 AM

I was recently recommend UBUD as a destination to consider for time out to recover my health, and reignite my spirit, emotionally, physically and artistically. I am single, a photographer / graphic designer and seek a safe place to call home for 2 mths.
      On my wish list is the following:

• A quaint place to stay, picturesque, lush, and quiet ( budget $50 per night)
      • Air con & a good swimming pool that I can exercise in.
      • Easily accessible to markets, cafes, town - as I cant walk distances due to an injured foot. Though I have heard its easy to get around by public transport
      • Would like to also engage in art workshops - and even cooking ones would be great too
      • Affordable daily massages
      • Sound baths or similar if they exist
      • Gentle exercise classes
      • Open to other forms of healing...

Advise given to me was to find a nice place to stay and then go and visit a place called the Yoga Barn as from there I could find many opportunities for health / healing networking and so forth etc.

Does anyone have any tips for art workshops of any kind? A central place like the Yoga Barn maybe and a website perhaps etc.

Are their any forums one can use to network - maybe to find other people in Ubud where one can share interests - ie photography, or just hook up for coffee etc.

I am planning to go Sept / October
      I am not a beach or bar person. More inclined to seek peaceful environs....

Many thanks in anticipation.
      P.S. I am in my 40's so I would like some comforts but it doesn't have to be extravagant. Gone are the days of backpacking :)

6 Answers Apr 1, 2014 at 7:04 AM
    • Sania's Guesthouse

by travelling_princess8 Online Now Apr 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Does anyone know how I can get in touch with this guesthouse so I can book with them, instead of trying to book with them when I get there: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review...

Thanks!

4 Answers Apr 25, 2013 at 3:59 PM
    • Bellasmama's Profile Photo

Where/how to meet people!?!

by Bellasmama Online Now Oct 6, 2012 at 2:48 AM

Hello everyone!
      When you travel as a single mum, it is not so easy to just meet people.. :-P
      My daughter, 11 years old and I (a bit older) are in Bali for 6 weeks. First we were in Sanur for 1 week, now we have been in Ubud since monday the 1th Oct. We love it here and we are going to stay until we go home.
      I am a painter, so YES Ubud is really a great place to be for someone like me.. but it would be nice to get some friends while we're here :-)
      Any suggestions?
      Thanks
      Séverine

4 Answers Oct 26, 2012 at 7:25 PM
    • Canadian hoping to live/work in Ubud for 3-6 months-advice?

by T-sea-2012 Online Now Apr 25, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Hi, I am traveling through SE Asia right now and am planning to make my way to Ubud in the next two months to try and get a job and live there for possibly 3-6 months. I am hoping to get a job teaching English, but if that isn't viable I will try and get a job bartending.

Could anyone suggest what visa I would need to get and the steps? Also, anyone have recommendations for institutions looking for English teachers?

Thank you!

4 Answers Aug 23, 2012 at 2:55 PM
    • yayiw's Profile Photo

Ogoh ogoh parade 22-Mar 2012

by yayiw Online Now Mar 11, 2012 at 1:29 AM

I'll be in Ubud on 21-24 March. Yes, I know it's Nyepi week and noone should be out walking around, no lights, yadayadayada. I understand that on 22-March (a day before Nyepi/Seclusion day), there will be the Ogoh-ogoh parade. Can any of VT-ers from Ubud tell me the location of the parade, the time of the parade, what to pack (aside from photography equipment) and what to expect from the parade?
      Thanks in advance

7 Answers Mar 15, 2012 at 11:49 PM
    • Iman Intuitive Bodywork

by Niknoo Online Now Jan 1, 2012 at 4:26 AM

Has anyone had a massage with Mr Nyoman at Iman Intuitive Bodywork Spa? Would you recommend it and should it be booked prior to getting there? I have been trying to contact them via email to no avail.

2 Answers Jan 3, 2012 at 7:40 PM
    • Bali in 4-5 days

by Aranetti Online Now Nov 6, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Hi. My wife and I are planning to have our second honeymoon in Bali this December. Would it make a difference, temperature-wise and crowd-wise, if we went first or second week?

We only have 4-5 nights,and wish to see the ff :

wayang kulit
      legong, topeng and/or barong rangda dance
      mask-making, puppet-making, wood carving, batik-making ( and a small bit of shopping for these at good prices)
      Petulu
      temple festivals
      Pura Ulun Danu Batur (old & new)
      Monkey Forest temples (avoiding areas with too many wild macaques as much as possible)
      Goa Gajah / Bedulu / maybe Gianyar / Pura Dalem Sidan
      Klungklung
      Pura Penataran Sasih
      Puri Agung Karangasem
      Pura Ulun Danu Bratan
      Tenganan and Candidasa if time permits
      Pura Meduwe Kawang if time permits
      Pura Beji if time permits
      Balinese cooking class if time permits

We do NOT want to see snakes and pythons (much less be offered a photo with them or stroke them). We are NOT going to beaches as we have just gone to several really really good ones these past few months.

We would like to go to a good spa at least once or twice. We love taking photos. Above all, we love to eat eat eat, especially food like babi guling.

We are looking into Hotel Komaneka Tanggayuda in Ubud, although cheaper (but very clean and safe) hotel suggestions are welcome. Places to go to other than what is outlined above are very welcome too.

Is the itinerary above doable in 4-5 days' time? Can anyone recommend a good driver with a decent vehicle for hire? Do we need to hire someone for airport assistance? We do NOT need a visa, but would appreciate it if someone can help us ensure a quicker line movement in the airport and a more secure way of handling our luggage.

What is a good budget per day for food and the activities and places outlined above? There's just 2 of us.

What should we avoid?

Thank you all so much in advance.

7 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 1:07 AM
    • watashi's Profile Photo

Ubud stay

by watashi Online Now Nov 3, 2011 at 5:20 AM

Looking for somewhere in Ubud to stay, where we can easily walk to many restaurants.....$100USD range or less, but 4 star (ok....not realistic I know....haha). Advice? Location is the most important thing!

6 Answers Feb 9, 2012 at 4:31 AM
    • Help with Hotel Selection/Location

by ap88 Online Now Sep 29, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Hello,

I need advise on hotel in Ubud. Will be in Bali for 5 nights and will be starting my trip in Ubud for 3 days followed by 2 days in Nusa Dua.

Currently we have 2 choices for either Kori Ubud or Saren Indah. Has anyone stayed at either for comparison. What to know if one is better for location and surrounding areas. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Kori Ubud
      Jalan Sanggingan, 18 Tjampuhan
      Ubud 80571

Saren Indah Hotel
      Nyuh Kuning, Ubud

Thanks!!

1 Answer Sep 30, 2011 at 4:51 PM
    • Relocating from Canada to Bali for 3-6 months

by glassviolin Online Now Aug 14, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Hi there, I`m looking to chat with any Canadians who have travelled to Bali for a least 3 months or so.

What is the smoothest process to take in relocation-in terms of obtaining a visa for 3-6 months, (non working ) and if a healthy person on no medication requries any vaccinations.

If you have travelled or lived there recently ( or currently live) i`d love to chat with you. Thanks!

3 Answers Sep 20, 2010 at 4:38 AM
    • travelingcebuano's Profile Photo

Bucuview hotel?

by travelingcebuano Online Now Jun 26, 2010 at 7:42 AM

Hi all, has anyone stayed at the Bucuview hotel? So far, there have been no reviews yet about the hotel (which I can find online), so I was hoping if anyone has had any experiences to share. Many thanks!

1 Answer Jun 27, 2010 at 2:27 AM
    • Joanne Hill

by 001414 Online Now Jun 15, 2010 at 10:15 AM

Could I please access photos of the opening night of the Grotto Cafe and Bar. I was there on that night and would like to see photos

1 Answer Jun 15, 2010 at 5:27 PM
    • Opening Night at Grotto Ubud Photos

by 001414 Online Now Jun 15, 2010 at 10:14 AM

Could I please access photos of the opening night of the Grotto Cafe and Bar. I was there on that night and would like to see photos

1 Answer Jun 15, 2010 at 10:24 AM
    • SFHulaGIrl's Profile Photo

Buying Paintings

by SFHulaGIrl Online Now Jun 3, 2010 at 11:36 AM

There's probably no easy answer for this, but... I'm interested in buying paintings in/around Ubud. Where can I get the widest selection at the best prices -- in Ubud, in Tohlunduh, Keliki or elsewhere? I prefer scenes of traditional Balinese life in Pengosekan style. Does anyone have particular galleries or artists that they can suggest (with a price range)?

1 Answer Jun 12, 2010 at 4:58 PM
    • From Candidasa to Ubud

by margranny Online Now May 21, 2010 at 2:30 AM

We're going to stay in Candidasa and hope to hire a car and travel to Ubud for the day. Is this do-able?

1 Answer May 21, 2010 at 5:33 AM