Ubud Travel Answers

change location

Ubud Accommodation - Tunjung Mas Bungalows or Ubud Bungalows or...?

by FreeSpirit_sg Online Now Dec 11, 2009 at 11:42 PM

Hi all

Would really appreciate a quick response if you are familiar with either of these places for stay?

I'll be in Ubud during the Christmas period and hadn't realised it's so difficult to book accommodation - popular ones like Tegal Sari(?) and others are fully booked out.

We're looking at mid range (our idea of mid range in terms of USD is about50 - 65 a night). Key things would be: (1) cleanliness (2) of bath/shower rooms in particular (3) green foliage all around or over looking padi fields.

At the moment both of these have rooms still but I'll hv to confirm soon or they might be gone.

Thanks for any useful feedback~

Btw I checked out the Royal Pita Mahal highly recommended by one of the VTers... beautiful, but way beyond my budget (or lack of one).

Sally

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Odinnthor's Profile Photo

Re: Ubud Accommodation - Tunjung Mas Bungalows or Ubud Bungalows or...?

by Odinnthor Online Now Dec 12, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Although I could wax poetic about Bali, - if I needed further information, I would review the pages of two VT members, both of whom live in Bali and one lives in Ubud. Check them out:

"Ubud Is My Home" - Ubudian's Profile

"Dream the Life : Live the Dream" - BesarRahasia's Profile

Good luck and enjoy.......d:o)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • BesarRahasia's Profile Photo

Re: Ubud Accommodation - Tunjung Mas Bungalows or Ubud Bungalows or...?

by BesarRahasia Online Now Dec 12, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Hello,
    Well you are not alone in this, so many people don't realise, how important it is to book any decent hotel/villa resort over here at Christmas Time, especially in the more popular tourist areas of the South and Ubud, it is one of the busiest periods for Bali, not only for "Outside Vistors" coming for Christmas and New Year but also for Indonesian locals, who come to Bali to celebrate both Christmas, and a Moslem Holiday.

In many cases, (from my own experiences with clients, before retiring)people pre-book for the following Christmas period, as they check out from the hotel in the previous Christmas. For example my old company have over 40 bookings for Christmas 2010 already, all from repeat customers, who haven't even arrived yet for the 2009 Christmas period, and that is likely to double through word of mouth, I know that there are many other travel operators in Bali alone, who have the same experience as mine.

I know that all that has no real relevance to your predicament, I only put it in for general information for others who might be considering Christmas in Bali in 2010.

If you haven't yet booked your accommodation, have you checked the availability of flights? because even though many airlines have increased frequency and No of flights, they also get booked out very quickly.

Now to your question, Bearing in mind that Christmas period is peak season, and usually starts in many places around the 20th December until the 2nd or 3rd January, this puts an additional strain on your budget..... HOWEVER.......the

Tunjung Mas Bungalows, do not have a peak season for Christmas period,,,,,,, and the rates are 55 US$ per night for superior room, and 60 US per night for deluxe room,,,,, and that includes tax and service charges,,,,, the resort is great and the rooms are nice and fit most of your requirements, not too far from the centre of Ubud, which is useful as they don't have dining facilities, only breakfast is served, so you would have to go out for other meals, or arrange for some to be brought in.

I am not aware of the "Ubud Bungalows", so cannot comment,

But bearing in mind that most other places are likely to make a surcharge this makes the Tunjung Mas Bungalows seem the best value especially at this late stage, so I would't delay in making your decision, because as you say they might get booked out especially at those prices.

• Re: Ubud Accommodation - Tunjung Mas Bungalows or Ubud Bungalows or...?

by FreeSpirit_sg Online Now Dec 13, 2009 at 6:38 AM

Hi thanks to both for your very prompt information

Confirmed the T M Bungalows just so i'll stop dithering and using up all my time surfing the net. (some of the places look absolutely gorgeous but are mostly booked out.)

Yes, would have been good to book early but the trip was decided very late.

I'll now spend my time reading up on what to do in Ubud instead :-)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines