Ubud Travel Answers

change location

lovina

by teevee Online Now Jul 20, 2007 at 7:12 PM

is travelling frm ubud to lovina to see the dolphins worth the while or maybe go to bohol in philippines where there r whales as well better?
any1' been 2 both?thx

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • BesarRahasia's Profile Photo

Re: lovina

by BesarRahasia Online Now Jul 20, 2007 at 10:09 PM

Hi there
    To answer your question honestly, (but only my personal opinion), I wouldn't reccomment anyone to go see the dolphins in Lovina, because it is very very touristy now and there are too many boats chasing too few dolphins. You might be lucky and get close to see them, but the chances are that you will spend the whole time on the boat, moving from one location to another without getting close. I have had nothing but bad reports from our clients over the past few months, such that they didn't see any at all, or only in the distance. We have stopped reccommending our clkients to go see them now.

That's not to say you still should.t come to Bali, there is still a great deal to see and do. It's up to you if you decide to go to the Phillipines instead.

Whatever you decide have a great time.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • nezz's Profile Photo

Re: lovina

by nezz Online Now Jul 27, 2007 at 4:13 PM

I was sitting at a restaurant on the Mandurah estuary last Saturday lunch time & I saw two dolphins playing in the water just outside the window. It was lovely. We are so privileged to have dolphins on our doorstep. I went to Lovina with my husband & children in Jan not to see the Dolphins but to stay in that area as it is unspoilt by tourism and has all the charm of the Bali I fell in love with when I first visited in 1987. Checkout my Bali page & you'll see Bali has so much to offer then come to WA to see Dolphins.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines