Ubud Travel Answers

change location
Dres's Profile Photo

Shopping and transportation in Ubud

by Dres Online Now Jul 3, 2007 at 6:34 AM

Are there any people out there who like to compare prices and shop for the best for the least? My wife and I love the sport! Are there any rip off shops to stay out of? Are there shops where you really found good buys -as compared to what other shops were offering? How about shipping the stuff home.Is it expensive? Where do you go to do it?
While looking at the city and carrying purchases, what transportation is available? I understand it is all steep hills. We are going to be staying about half way up the Monkey Road.

Thanks, Dres

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Shopping and transportation in Ubud

by floydeboy Online Now Jul 3, 2007 at 5:42 PM

Hi Dave,
    what are you shopping for?-Ubud is mostly local handicraft/artwork,wood carving etc.If you are after clothing,shoes & the like then much better to save this shopping for Kuta or Denpassar markets.Yes Ubud is in the hills but it is not what you would term a `city'-more a village,and as with anywhere in Bali,transport is not a problem,-just stand where you are & turn to the nearest Balinese & ask & hey presto,a ride will be only moments away.Ubud is very walkable to most places.Cheers RT

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Fernandocramos's Profile Photo

Re: Shopping and transportation in Ubud

by Fernandocramos Online Now Jul 25, 2007 at 8:04 PM

The better place for shoping is in Tegal Lalang street, Sebatu Village near Ubud.
    You can see more info in my Bali page, and if possible dont forget to rate the tips.

• Dres's Profile Photo

Re: Shopping and transportation in Ubud

by Dres Online Now Jul 25, 2007 at 11:04 PM

Thanks, how do I do a rating? Dres

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines