• st thomas packing for 9 day boat trip

St. Thomas Apr 2, 2014 at 3:47 PM

simple packing suggestions for 9 day boating trip

2 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 12:27 PM
    • towns in water islands

Water Island Mar 29, 2014 at 7:47 PM

what are the towns in water island

2 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 4:50 AM
    • Are USVI-BVI accommodation prices really so "crazy" ?

U. S. Virgin Islands Feb 28, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I was planning to visit both USVI and BVI with my wife, over a couple weeks, coming in from nearby Dominican Republic (there's a nice, new direct flight from "La Romana" to "St. Thomas").
      Now that I finished looking at published Hotel prices, though, I think we'd better bind the whole idea: a hotel room for two seems to cost - on average - well over 100 EUR a night, even at so-called "cheap" places, including B&Bs !!! Is it REALLY that bad ? Or maybe once we get there, once can find out reasonably priced places (i.e. where 2 can sleep decently at below the 100 EUR a-night reasonability limit) ?? Thanks, Marcus

3 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 7:49 AM
    • Where to catch a snorkel trip to the RHone Wreck

Virgin Islands, The Feb 22, 2014 at 6:23 PM

hello! does anyone have a recommendation for a snorkel company that makes day trip to the rhone wreck?

1 Answer Feb 23, 2014 at 6:03 AM
    • Storage in St. Thomas

St. Thomas Feb 20, 2014 at 5:59 AM

4 people want to take the sea plane to St. Croix for a 3 day visit after a 10 day stay in St. John. We just want to take a few small duffels to St. Croix but are not sure where we can store our luggage in St. Thomas. Any info on short term storage would be appreciated.

2 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 9:16 AM
    • Is St Croix really safe?

St. Croix Feb 18, 2014 at 6:12 PM

I keep reading articles that St Croix is unsafe. I just booked a trip to St. Croix in April staying at the Mount Victory Lodge. Are the beaches safe? Can I hike safely? I don't need to go out at night just want to feel safe during day excursions.... HELP

• 1trutrini's Profile Photo

Top 3 things to do for short stay?

St. Croix Feb 10, 2014 at 8:57 PM

what do you recommend?
      also how would you rate safety? for solo visitor

thanks for your input

2 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 6:12 PM
    • KathyG19's Profile Photo

Sight seeing from a boat?

Charlotte Amalie Feb 9, 2014 at 2:08 PM

We would like a half day on a boat to see St. Thomas and maybe St. John for that. We don't snorkel, but wouldn't mind if others did from the boat. Any great recommendations?

• Money issue

Saint Thomas Feb 6, 2014 at 5:44 PM

What is best cash or is it safe to use credit cards? Would a prepared credit card be the best to use? What is accepted Visa or Mastercard?

1 Answer Feb 7, 2014 at 7:07 AM
    • Tperrotti's Profile Photo

Are there any ATV rentals ?

St. Thomas Feb 4, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Wondering if there are any ATV rentals , tours on any of the U.S.V.I?

1 Answer Feb 4, 2014 at 11:54 AM
    • Texianbiker's Profile Photo

Overnite accomodation close to Charlotte Amalie

St. Thomas Jan 23, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I will be arriving at St Thomas too late in the day to catch a ferry to Tortola and will have to over night in St T and ferry out in the morning. Am looking for a cheap, clean and safe place near the Charlotte Amalie ferry terminal to bunk out. Any recommendations?

9 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 3:00 AM
    • Weather in early May

St. John Jan 13, 2014 at 12:10 PM

What is the average weather like in early May on St. John? Is May's rainfall heavy? Will definitely want to snorkel... hopefully in clear waters!

2 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 12:33 PM
    • ellen3sons's Profile Photo

Camping at Cinnamon Bay

Virgin Islands National Park Dec 26, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I want to bring my three adult sons to Cinnamon Bay for a week in honor of my quitting smoking for 5 years. Am I too late to find a cottage available in June, and how much spending money should I need? (Four years, eight months, three weeks, three days, 20 hours, 22 minutes and 44 seconds. 69233 cigarettes not smoked, saving $19,801.38. Life saved: 34 weeks, 2 days, 9 hours, 25 minutes).

1 Answer Jan 7, 2014 at 11:52 AM
    • Security concerns

U. S. Virgin Islands Dec 26, 2013 at 1:43 AM

What area should a person stay clear of at night while on St Thomas?

1 Answer Jan 7, 2014 at 11:41 AM
    • Bringing in meat to st croix

St. Croix Dec 21, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Is it possible to bring in fresh meats from the US. We are renting a villa and I was hoping to bring in some food like filet, ham etc

10 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 1:12 PM
    • bike rentals

St. Croix Dec 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Is there anywhere to rent a bike other than the cruise tours?

3 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    • Getting to sapphire beach resort from airport at 11pm

St. Thomas Nov 25, 2013 at 4:22 AM

Is it easy to get a taxi at that time of night. We want to rent a car but everything will probably be closed at that time of night.

4 Answers Nov 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM
    • lauriejeanne's Profile Photo

Ideas Please

Saint Thomas Nov 2, 2013 at 6:27 PM

I have close to a month over Christmas. What's the best way for me to plan seeing as much of the US Virgin Islands as possible? How long on each island? etc. etc. Would love and and all ideas.

Thanks in advance.

5 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 8:09 AM
    • Topless beaches

St. Croix Oct 8, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Are there any topless beaches?

• Is St. Croix Safe?

St. Croix Oct 2, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Is St. Croix safe to visit? Other than the common sense precautions? I've read that St Thomas has become more dangerous recently, so I'm looking for an alternative island. Also is there a lot to see and do there? How are the beaches? The online pics don't seem as pretty as the other USVI. Thanks!

4 Answers Oct 2, 2013 at 12:37 PM
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Hotel recommendations

St. Croix Sep 28, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I thought I would book the hotel where someone I know stayed, but she said she didn't like it and wouldn't stay there again. Also I see on the internet that the hotel (Chenay Bay Beach Resort) is being sold the week I was going to stay there. I thought I was booking with the hotel direct, but I was not - I was booking with something called HotelPlus Destination Portal and they charged me 20% of the booking to cancel it even though I canceled it within 24 hours.

Now I need to book another hotel. I would like it to be somewhere in the $125-$175/night range, in or near Christensted, with free on-site parking and free internet. And also I need there NOT to be a lot of stairs as I will be using a scooter. I have reserved a car. What we intend to do is visit the fort (I can walk some) and snorkel (which I can do) and go out to dinner in various places.

I looked at King Christian Hotel, but that doesn't have parking and the reviews are terrible. I've looked at Holger Danske Hotel, Hibiscus Beach Resort. Would either of them be OK or is there another one I should consider?

7 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 6:02 AM
    • Snorkeling

St. Thomas Sep 24, 2013 at 9:28 PM

What's the best place for snorkeling on St. Thomas. From Shore and via boat.
      We're staying near Coki Beach which I understand has good snorkeling, but I'd like to spend a day at the islands best.

3 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 12:28 PM
    • safest island to visit

Virgin Islands, The Sep 13, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Which USVI is the safest to travel to? Heard its not safe to leave resorts, yet want to explore the island.

6 Answers Sep 17, 2013 at 7:42 AM
    • Customized tour

St. Croix Sep 8, 2013 at 1:48 PM

We will be in St Croix one day only, during a cruise. Four of us lived on St Croix for a while, long ago, as children. We'd like to see the places offered on a standard 4 hr tour, but would like to add a few stops to drive by the locations of our grandparents house and a couple of other places we remember. Do you know which tour companies would work with us, or would the taxi/tour drivers who wait near the pier for people to come off the boat be knowledgeable and trustworthy?

2 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 9:13 AM
    • tan tan tours

St. Croix Sep 5, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Is this tour worth doing

3 Answers Feb 25, 2014 at 6:13 PM
    • Where to Stay

St. John Aug 29, 2013 at 5:23 AM

I am so torn! My husband and I are going to St. John in Feb. We have found a beautiful and very affordable place in Coral Bay to stay at. Three bedroom, kitchen... but this is for my 30th birthday and neither one of us have been there before. Should we stay in the nice house in Coral Bay or in a OK hotel in Cruz Bay??? We also might be having another couple coming with us and the house would be able to accommodate all of us but at the same time I don't want to be so far away from everything that we can't have a good time. Please HELP
      -Kate

4 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 7:35 AM
    • How do I add my bar ?

St. John Aug 10, 2013 at 6:27 AM

How can I get my bar listed here ? X on St John ?

4 Answers Aug 12, 2013 at 6:19 AM
    • Monte Bay Villa in St. John

St. John Jul 11, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Has anyone stayed in St John at Monte Bay Villa recently?

1 Answer Aug 10, 2013 at 3:18 PM
    • Westin renovations!!! Alternative?

St. John Jul 10, 2013 at 8:57 AM

My husband and I are visiting St. John the first week of October 2013. We initially booked at the Westin but since booking have been told that the pool will be closed due to renovations. We are in need of suggestions for a nice place to stay for only 2 people. Most condos are too big (ie. too expensive). HELP please. Thank you!!!

2 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 11:06 AM
    • car rental

U. S. Virgin Islands Jun 19, 2013 at 4:56 AM

we are going to st john for a week in October . my question is Should we rent our car at the st Thomas airport or wait till we cross over to st john to rent a car there

3 Answers Jun 19, 2013 at 11:24 AM