U. S. Virgin Islands

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Where to stay?

Saint Thomas Jan 7, 2015 at 12:08 PM

I am planning a girls trip for 4, all in our mid 20's. Where should we stay to be close to fun nightlife scenes?

Is there a big variety of bars/clubs? Would we have to travel by water to get to them? should we consider another USVI,if not?

Our interest include relaxation, good food, shopping, water excursions, fun nightlife, general site seeing. Actually we are all up for anything!

last question is all inclusive worth it?

more
    • Planning Trip

Charlotte Amalie Dec 31, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Hello everyone,

I need me and my best friend, godson, and one other person are trying to plan a trip to Europe for Christmas 2015 and New Years. We plan to stay about two weeks. I welcome any advice?

more

Popular U. S. Virgin Islands Travel Answer Locations

• Where to stay?

Saint Thomas Jan 7, 2015 at 12:08 PM

I am planning a girls trip for 4, all in our mid 20's. Where should we stay to be close to fun nightlife scenes?

Is there a big variety of bars/clubs? Would we have to travel by water to get to them? should we consider another USVI,if not?

Our interest include relaxation, good food, shopping, water excursions, fun nightlife, general site seeing. Actually we are all up for anything!

last question is all inclusive worth it?

1 Answer Jan 7, 2015 at 1:02 PM
    • Planning Trip

Charlotte Amalie Dec 31, 2014 at 4:40 PM

Hello everyone,

I need me and my best friend, godson, and one other person are trying to plan a trip to Europe for Christmas 2015 and New Years. We plan to stay about two weeks. I welcome any advice?

3 Answers Dec 31, 2014 at 6:45 PM
    • PTripp's Profile Photo

looking tips from the locals...

U. S. Virgin Islands Nov 15, 2014 at 6:38 PM

My Husband and I may be moving to STT in a few months for my husband's work. Just wondering, if anyone from the US who moved to STT, could pass along any info about adjusting from living (recently) in Myrtle Beach SC and Williamsburg VA to STT. I've been reading a lot online and thought it may be nice to start making new friends before we move! :) Thanks! I appreciate all input!

1 Answer Nov 16, 2014 at 4:19 AM
    • junglist808's Profile Photo

Taxi Bus 2 Cane Bay?

St. Croix Nov 15, 2014 at 11:47 AM

I just got a job at Eat@Canebay, I live near Golden Rock Shopping Center, and I don't have a vehicle yet. Do any of the $2.50 Taxi Busses run down to, or near Cane Bay or should I plan on getting as close as possible and walking the rest of the way?

• briantravelman's Profile Photo

Can Someone Explain These Cab Fairs To Me?

St. Croix Sep 30, 2014 at 6:31 PM

I read that they charge per person, but here it says the price is for 1 or 2 people. I don't understand that. Are the prices listed here how much it costs for 1 person, or 2? Or is it the same?
      And how much do they charge for waiting?

vinow.com/stcroix/getting_ar...

5 Answers Sep 30, 2014 at 6:58 PM
    • St Thomas to Maho Beach

St. Thomas Jul 27, 2014 at 9:41 AM

We will port in St Thomas. We are wanting to watch the planes fly over
      at Maho Beach is there a ferry we can take to get there or is there another beach besides this one. Thanks

2 Answers Jan 21, 2015 at 4:17 PM
    • Stuff to Do after Wedding

St. Thomas Jul 25, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I'm on a cruise ship and getting married in the morning. We don't want to stay on the beach or shop, what is there to do in the 4-5 hour window for a group in their late 20s?

3 Answers Jan 21, 2015 at 4:17 PM
    • Airfare during holidays

St. Thomas Jul 12, 2014 at 2:59 PM

We have a place booked between Xmas and New Years, but I waited to book the flights, because I thought they would get cheaper. They haven't, and now, not only are there less choices, but the ones we wanted are nearly $2000 per ticket from the Midwest. Does anyone know if they add more flights as we get closer to the time (and especially since the other flights have filled up), or did I miss my opportunity?

5 Answers Jul 12, 2014 at 6:42 PM
    • Bugs in St. John

St. John Jun 1, 2014 at 5:37 AM

I will be on St. John June 9th-June 16th for my wedding. How are the bugs right now? Is it super buggy at the moment? I know it get's buggy after periods of rainfall so I'm also wondering if it has been raining a lot? Thanks!

• Driving Terrain - Would like to avoid areas of steep hills

St. Thomas May 31, 2014 at 9:36 AM

We plan to drive in St Thomas. Would like to make notes of steep hills area with no barrier...as I am a big chicken.
      Could someone provide specific areas to avoid so that I do not faint while driving. Thank you.

1 Answer Jun 27, 2014 at 5:01 AM
    • Mosquitoes on St John

St. John May 28, 2014 at 1:13 AM

Can somebody please let us know honestly what the mosquitoe situation is now on St John, especially at Peter Bay and in the villas above Peter Bay in August? Thanky you so much!

• Where to stay?

St. Thomas Apr 29, 2014 at 9:44 AM

I heard things back and forth on weather its worth renting a car or not, I don't plan to nor want to spend the money. Can any one recommend what town in St. Thomas to stay at or which hotel that isn't very expensive (we don't plan to be in the hotel much) that has the best walking distance to shops, attractions, beaches? I'm looking to get everything finalized in a week and any advise would be so helpful!!

2 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 4:56 AM
    • First Timers

St. Thomas Apr 24, 2014 at 10:58 AM

I am starting to plan a trip to St. Thomas. I was aiming for end of July beginning of August, is that a good time? Any recommendations on what to do, where to go? How much spending money should I plan for 5 nights for 2 people?

2 Answers May 19, 2014 at 8:18 AM
    • st thomas packing for 9 day boat trip

St. Thomas Apr 2, 2014 at 3:47 PM

simple packing suggestions for 9 day boating trip

1 Answer Jan 21, 2015 at 4:17 PM
    • towns in water islands

Water Island Mar 29, 2014 at 7:47 PM

what are the towns in water island

2 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 4:50 AM
    • Are USVI-BVI accommodation prices really so "crazy" ?

U. S. Virgin Islands Feb 28, 2014 at 6:19 PM

I was planning to visit both USVI and BVI with my wife, over a couple weeks, coming in from nearby Dominican Republic (there's a nice, new direct flight from "La Romana" to "St. Thomas").
      Now that I finished looking at published Hotel prices, though, I think we'd better bind the whole idea: a hotel room for two seems to cost - on average - well over 100 EUR a night, even at so-called "cheap" places, including B&Bs !!! Is it REALLY that bad ? Or maybe once we get there, once can find out reasonably priced places (i.e. where 2 can sleep decently at below the 100 EUR a-night reasonability limit) ?? Thanks, Marcus

2 Answers Jan 21, 2015 at 4:17 PM
    • Where to catch a snorkel trip to the RHone Wreck

Virgin Islands, The Feb 22, 2014 at 6:23 PM

hello! does anyone have a recommendation for a snorkel company that makes day trip to the rhone wreck?

1 Answer Nov 14, 2014 at 5:14 PM
    • Storage in St. Thomas

St. Thomas Feb 20, 2014 at 5:59 AM

4 people want to take the sea plane to St. Croix for a 3 day visit after a 10 day stay in St. John. We just want to take a few small duffels to St. Croix but are not sure where we can store our luggage in St. Thomas. Any info on short term storage would be appreciated.

2 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 9:16 AM
    • Is St Croix really safe?

St. Croix Feb 18, 2014 at 6:12 PM

I keep reading articles that St Croix is unsafe. I just booked a trip to St. Croix in April staying at the Mount Victory Lodge. Are the beaches safe? Can I hike safely? I don't need to go out at night just want to feel safe during day excursions.... HELP

• 1trutrini's Profile Photo

Top 3 things to do for short stay?

St. Croix Feb 10, 2014 at 8:57 PM

what do you recommend?
      also how would you rate safety? for solo visitor

thanks for your input

3 Answers Nov 14, 2014 at 5:16 PM
    • KathyG19's Profile Photo

Sight seeing from a boat?

Charlotte Amalie Feb 9, 2014 at 2:08 PM

We would like a half day on a boat to see St. Thomas and maybe St. John for that. We don't snorkel, but wouldn't mind if others did from the boat. Any great recommendations?

• Money issue

Saint Thomas Feb 6, 2014 at 5:44 PM

What is best cash or is it safe to use credit cards? Would a prepared credit card be the best to use? What is accepted Visa or Mastercard?

• Tperrotti's Profile Photo

Are there any ATV rentals ?

St. Thomas Feb 4, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Wondering if there are any ATV rentals , tours on any of the U.S.V.I?

• Texianbiker's Profile Photo

Overnite accomodation close to Charlotte Amalie

St. Thomas Jan 23, 2014 at 10:50 AM

I will be arriving at St Thomas too late in the day to catch a ferry to Tortola and will have to over night in St T and ferry out in the morning. Am looking for a cheap, clean and safe place near the Charlotte Amalie ferry terminal to bunk out. Any recommendations?

9 Answers Jan 29, 2014 at 3:00 AM
    • Weather in early May

St. John Jan 13, 2014 at 12:10 PM

What is the average weather like in early May on St. John? Is May's rainfall heavy? Will definitely want to snorkel... hopefully in clear waters!

2 Answers Jan 14, 2014 at 12:33 PM
    • ellen3sons's Profile Photo

Camping at Cinnamon Bay

Virgin Islands National Park Dec 26, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I want to bring my three adult sons to Cinnamon Bay for a week in honor of my quitting smoking for 5 years. Am I too late to find a cottage available in June, and how much spending money should I need? (Four years, eight months, three weeks, three days, 20 hours, 22 minutes and 44 seconds. 69233 cigarettes not smoked, saving $19,801.38. Life saved: 34 weeks, 2 days, 9 hours, 25 minutes).

• Security concerns

U. S. Virgin Islands Dec 26, 2013 at 1:43 AM

What area should a person stay clear of at night while on St Thomas?

• Bringing in meat to st croix

St. Croix Dec 21, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Is it possible to bring in fresh meats from the US. We are renting a villa and I was hoping to bring in some food like filet, ham etc

7 Answers Jan 21, 2015 at 4:17 PM
    • bike rentals

St. Croix Dec 17, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Is there anywhere to rent a bike other than the cruise tours?

3 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 10:20 AM
    • Getting to sapphire beach resort from airport at 11pm

St. Thomas Nov 25, 2013 at 4:22 AM

Is it easy to get a taxi at that time of night. We want to rent a car but everything will probably be closed at that time of night.

3 Answers Jan 21, 2015 at 4:17 PM