Tysnes

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transport to tromso airport for 0600 AM flight

Tromsø Jan 7, 2015 at 1:44 AM

Can anyone let me know if there is any public transport for me to catch very the morning flight from Tromso airport to Honningsvage? If not, will there be any taxi in such time, say 0500 AM?

Thank you for your help.

more
    • Bus from Abisko to Navik and Navik to Tromso in March 2015

Narvik Jan 6, 2015 at 10:35 PM

Can anyone tell me if there is any bus depart from Abisko to Navik on Sunday, in the morning of March 2015, from which I can connect the bus from Navik to Tromso on the same day?

I would appreciate it if you could also give me the timetable.

Thank you for your help

Pracha

more
    • puuzzleguy's Profile Photo

Car Rental Reservation Dependability?

Norway Jan 26, 2015 at 6:51 AM

I have a reservation I just booked for two days in late August and two different ports in far northern Norway. They didn't ask for my credit card to take the reservation - a large well known international car rental company. They sent me confirmation emails for each rental day: one in each port. I have noted that on those days car rental reservations are already almost fully booked. My concern is that when I get off the ship, if I'm half an hour late getting to the car rental office, the car I reserved will be gone. There will obviously be high demand. Has anyone had a problem like this? I pointed out my concern to the rental agent on the phone, and he still didn't want my credit card. I remain worried.

more
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Mid summers Eve

Flåm Jan 8, 2015 at 6:49 PM

I have booked a night in Flam to break up trip to Bergen and I have just realised we will be there on the 23/6 which is midsummers Eve .
      Has anyone experienced this night in Flam before on this special night? And what should we expect besides light all night!
      Have googled it but can find many sites around Norway but not Flam..sounds amazing...

more
    • Gen. Fleichersv. 365 Tennevoll, 935-- how I can get here

Narvik Jan 5, 2015 at 7:41 AM

I want to go to the address 'Gen. Fleichersv. 365 Tennevoll, 935' from Narvik railway station. How can I get there,by bus or by taxi, and how much I need to pay for the transportation? Thank you.

more
    • What do Norwegians (specifically, northern areas) wear during the winter ~ spring?

Norway 11 hours ago

Hi!
      I'm trying to plan a trip through Scandinavia when I graduate, and Norway seems to be posing a bit of an issue for me ...

So I finish university December 2016 and was thinking of departing America maybe mid-March and staying in Europe until mid-May. My thought is for 2 months to go around, a little earlier or later isn't really that much of an issue for me, but most importantly, I really want to see the northern lights, and hopefully also manage my way to Lofoten, Svalbard, the mountains??. I know it'll definitely still be cold around this time in Norway (and definitely Svalbard) and was wondering what kind of clothing the average Norwegian wears?

Down? Cashmere? Goose down? Wool? Lots of layers? Specific brands?
      I'm located in the NY area so the average winter jacket is ok, but I with my hopes to trek about ... and I was hoping to live in the mountains a few days but I realise that with the weather I'll be encountering, it may not be the best idea ...

Maybe this is also a little off the mark, but are there specific times (month, time of the month) that gives the best chance to view northern lights? I heard something like too much snow is dense or something sorry I don't know know the science behind it, but it affects its appearance somehow?
      Places? I read all over Norway it's viewable, but best chances? Most nights? Norway is so expensive that I highly doubt I'll be able to spend many days just relaxing about, especially since I want to financially provide for everything.

I'm also very in love with polar bears (or ice bears, as I know Norwegians call them) in Norway/Svalbard and was wondering how early out in the year should I plan on leaving for Europe for highest chance of seeing them? I'm not sure if I want to go on one of those 10-day cruises (pricey) specifically to seek them out, I'd just like to roam around and see them to their thing, polar bearing around. I read people never see polar bears in the summertime on those cruises, so I assume I need to go when it's still relatively cold? This is a different region, but hopefully someone might know? If not, I'll make another post int he Svalbard section a little later.

Thank you so much for reading, and hopefully spending time to answer my many questions,
      Jessica

more
    • eating at hotels March/ February

Oslo Jan 18, 2015 at 5:32 AM

Type of clothing to wear in the evening

more
    • heidstar's Profile Photo

Mid summers Eve

Flåm Jan 8, 2015 at 6:44 PM

I have booked a night in Flam to break up trip to Bergen and I have just realised we will be there on the 23/6 which is midsummers Eve .
      Has anyone experienced this night in Flam before on this special night? And what should we expect besides light all night!
      Have googled it but can find many sites around Norway but not Flam..sounds amazing...

more
    • Paying for things?

Tromsø Yesterday

Hi .. Off to Tromso on the 6th Feb. My hols normally consist of euros loaded on a T. Cook card so please excuse my ignorance! Can anyone please advise as to what is the best and cheapest way to pay for things out there? Cash, Visa Debit card, Credit card, etc. Thank you.

more