Travel Answers
Tyre

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Badoura's Profile Photo

Any suggested accommodation in quiet/cool mountain areas closer to Beirut?

Lebanon Jul 25, 2015 at 4:24 AM

Going to spend the coming week in Beirut, but want to get out of the city for some nights.

Wondering if you have some good ideas for affordable accommodation for 2 (possible 3) adults + 1 child (10y)
      "Bed and breakfast" preferable. As long as it is clean, we will not be demanding.
      I would be happy if you could message me contact info to the owner, if it isn't suitable to post it on the forum.

Ehden/Bscharre has been on the list, but I am not sure if I am ready to go "that far".

more
    • IPAD and iphone in Lebanon

Beirut Jul 24, 2015 at 7:53 PM

Hello i am traveling to Beirut soon. I have an iPad and iPhone from US. Would i but a sim card in Lebanon for data or just hope that i get wifi hotspots? thanks

more
    • Khan el-Franj caravanserai

Sidon Jul 13, 2015 at 6:35 AM

Excellent site. Thank you.
      1) is it occupied and used permanently now?
      2) under state heritage protection?
      3) any historic sketches?
      4) any photographs to share?

more
    • Misholicious's Profile Photo

Spending Money

Lebanon Jul 10, 2015 at 5:38 PM

hi I would like to know how much spending money should I take with me when I go to Lebanon this year in Decmeber? I am getting some surgery done there so i wont be available to do anything for a couple of days and I am only going for 2 weeks. My dads family live there and they like to party and drink but it will be winter there so I don't know how much. This will be my first time going. And i do like to shop haha

more
    • hotel rates

by enhas Online Now Apr 26, 2009 at 11:01 PM

how much does a single,self contained room cost per day?

3 Answers May 7, 2009 at 6:31 AM
    • Tyr's necropolis

by augusto_c Online Now Jan 8, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Hi,
      I'm an italian scholar. Who know where are the pieces from excavations of the Tyr's necropolis? I'm interested to a byzantine amulet (published by Ch├ębab 1986, p. 160, pl. XVII, 3-4). I would like to know if in Tyr there are others pieces with the same iconography (a rider piercing a woman).

thank you

Augusto Cosentino
      a.cosentino@gmail.com