Twentynine Palms Travel Answers

change location

Public Transportation

by s.bloesser Online Now May 4, 2010 at 8:12 AM

I am planning to fly in this summer to visit family, but we have a problem with getting picked up from the airport. Is there public transportation available that I could check into, that goes into Twentynine Palms. Specifically, a bus, taxi, or car rental. I would like to fly into ONT if possible.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: Public Transportation

by bocmaxima Online Now May 4, 2010 at 9:12 AM

From ONT is really tough by public transit, saving for shuttles.
    You have to take a bus to a train station, wait for Amtrak, then another bus out to 29 Palms. It'd probably be an overnight affair.
    For shuttles, it looks like Super Shuttle is the only one that services ONT: http://www.supershuttle.com/

Honestly, I would just rent a car although, if you're under 21, that might be an issue. If going for a long time, you could potentially do a one-way rental from ONT to Palm Springs Airport and drop off on the same day, then either do the bus to 29 Palms (mbtabus.com/images/PSroute.j... or get someone to pick you up there. Budget allows rentals between the two places, and it's relatively cheap compared to the shuttle. I've done this in a couple of other cities for airport transportation and never had an issue, although you need to make sure that you put gas in the car before dropping it off and keep the receipt for the gas.

hth

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines