Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Pascom01's Profile Photo

Christmas lunch and dinner

Rovaniemi Jul 3, 2014 at 4:11 AM

Hi VT family,

We are an Australian family of 8 (2 grand children aged 6 and 3 in that family) and we have booked a cabin in Muurola area from 20/12 to 27/12 this year (2014). I'm looking for suggestion about what would be good places in Rovaniemi to book in for a Xmas lunch and a Xmas dinner on 25/12/14. Does anyone have any recommendations please?

Thanks in advance,

Regards Malcolm

more
    • gulnese's Profile Photo

Transportation and price details

Helsinki Jun 25, 2014 at 4:24 AM

Hi,
      I would be in Helsinki for 1 day and it is my second visit.I would like to go to Suomenlinna and Porvoo.
      How can I go,how long does it take to go and what it nearly costs?
      As I willhave limited time all your advice will be great help to me while maiking programme.
      Thanks and regards

more
    • EURO ATM Machine Near to TURKU FERRY PORT

by myavinash Online Now May 12, 2014 at 3:17 AM

Hi, Please help if you know, any ATM machine in TURKU near to PORT. I need to withdrawal EURO from there. I am travelling from Stockholm to TURKU with Ferry.
      Thanks

2 Answers May 13, 2014 at 8:51 AM
    • marianzapolski

by marianzapolski Online Now Aug 31, 2013 at 4:56 AM

how to get to the turku airport from turku ferry terminal??

3 Answers Aug 31, 2013 at 2:10 PM
    • nniikkiittaa's Profile Photo

Turku - Kustavi

by nniikkiittaa Online Now Jun 27, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Hello! I arrive in Turku in 11.15. Need to get on the ferry m / s Vigen at 13.30. I watched the bus schedule - not the same. How much is a taxi? thank you

4 Answers Jun 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

TurkuCard

by mindcrime Online Now May 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Is the 24h TurkuCard (the one that costs 21 €) valid for 24hours or just until the end of the day that we buy it?

We plan to buy the card at 11.30am and want to use it next morning to use the bus from Hostel Turku to bus station (where ExpressBus departs)

6 Answers May 27, 2013 at 2:46 AM
    • mindcrime's Profile Photo

ExpressBus to Helsinki airport

by mindcrime Online Now May 26, 2013 at 7:18 AM

we want to catch a bus from Turku directly to Helsinki Airport for saturday 15 of june.
      our flight is at 13.45.

is the 9.30am bus from Turku a good option? according to their site we'll be at the airport at 11.40 but has anyone done this route? is it really 2 hours and 10 minutes as they say or the traffic may cause big delay?

4 Answers May 26, 2013 at 12:20 PM
    • Turku to stockholm ferry

by vincent49 Online Now Mar 5, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Have a hire car and would like to take it on the ferry from turku to stockholm. Question is, will it be easy? Stress free? Can we just turn up or do we need to treat the tickets like airline tickets? Thanks heaps in advance)

3 Answers Mar 22, 2013 at 1:10 AM
    • Royal Curry House

by riikaraninjo Online Now Jan 22, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Hi,
      I have heard about this new Indian restaurant,'Royal curry House'. Could someone please guide me where it is. I have read about it in the news paper but I do not remember the address. There was a lot written about its food.

3 Answers Jan 27, 2012 at 6:45 AM
    • How to go from Helsínquia to Turku and the price?

by filomenaclemente Online Now Jan 4, 2011 at 1:34 AM

I would like to know how can I go from Helsínquia to Turku
      Thank you
      Filomena Clemente

4 Answers Mar 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM
    • bus number

by shaftak Online Now Aug 21, 2010 at 8:39 AM

Hi
      I want to go to tavastagatan 13 from Emmauksenkatu. which bus number should I use?

There are buses number 14, 15, 55, 56 available at Emmauksenkatu.

• Limeypop's Profile Photo

Midsummer's Day 2010

by Limeypop Online Now May 5, 2010 at 7:50 PM

My work in Turku will end on 24 June, but I will not leave until 26 June, 2010. I understand that Finns like to go to a cottage with their family at Midsummer, but will there be any festivities in or near Turku that I could attend as a tourist? Any other suggestions? Thank you so much!

2 Answers Jul 22, 2010 at 9:28 AM
    • Turku ferry terminal to Tampere

by judytaiwan Online Now Mar 9, 2010 at 2:37 AM

What is quickest and/or cheapest way to go from the ferry terminal in Turku (if coming with the boat from Stockholm) if you want to go to Tampere? Any advice much appreciated.

2 Answers Mar 10, 2010 at 11:52 PM
    • manuna's Profile Photo

Taxi from Turku to Naantaly and back

by manuna Online Now Feb 8, 2010 at 5:42 AM

Is it possible to take a taxi between the two cities? What will be approximate charge? I want to be flexible with my time-table and want to save money. There will be 4 of us (2 adults and 2 children. But my elder son will be 16, so I guess he is considered as an adult) So I think that may be taxi will be a better decision then Moomibus? We are planning to visit Moomiworld and Vaski island in one day and be back in Turku in 19:30. Is it real or this is too much?
      Thank you.

4 Answers Mar 1, 2010 at 4:52 AM
    • aterola's Profile Photo

Turku from Helsinki

by aterola Online Now Jul 16, 2009 at 4:12 AM

Terve,
      I would like to ask you what is the best way to get from Helsinki to Turku? Fast and not too expencive?
      Kiitos

3 Answers Jul 22, 2009 at 12:02 PM
    • Avis car rental nearest to Silja line port

by deullman Online Now Mar 30, 2009 at 3:14 PM

I will be arriving in Turku via the Silja line ferry but do not know the address so unable to determine nearest Avis car rental location. Can you help?

1 Answer Mar 30, 2009 at 3:23 PM
    • Urgent!! Can anyone help me, Please

by limy Online Now Feb 2, 2009 at 1:15 AM

My daughter is going to TURKU by ship next week, can anyone tell she that is there any ATM machine for she to withdraw money since she does not has any EUR dollar in hand. Many Thanks.

8 Answers Jul 22, 2010 at 9:31 AM
    • ATM Machine

by limy Online Now Feb 1, 2009 at 1:38 AM

I am going to Turku from Sweden by ship. Is there any ATM machine where I can get cash after I get on board? Thanks

• Help me

by maria_26 Online Now Jan 9, 2009 at 1:28 PM

How much cost a cabin for one person ,on Viking Line ship?
      If you have to bay the ticket in advance ?I intend to travel in July

2 Answers Mar 28, 2009 at 9:26 AM
    • RENE_CARDOEN's Profile Photo

Ferry Stockholm - Turku

by RENE_CARDOEN Online Now Feb 28, 2008 at 6:57 AM

Hi,
      I would like to take the ferry Stockholm - Turku with my camper van and visit Finland. Knowing that the trip takes some 11 hours, how do I keep the fridge and freezer working?
      Viking Lines says there is no possibility to connect the camper on electricity nor gas?
      Are there other possibilities to cross the Baltic sea or any tricks to keep the food cool?
      Thanks

5 Answers Mar 1, 2008 at 8:48 PM
    • Explorer_spb's Profile Photo

Parking close to port

by Explorer_spb Online Now Aug 15, 2007 at 8:10 AM

Hej!
      Can anybody advice where can I drop my car close to Turku port while I'm travelling over the archipelago and Alands? I'm going to get to Turku by my car then to travel by ferries for next few days. I know about parking in the port but would be nice to find less expensive place.

• caribean

by anita0923 Online Now Jun 13, 2007 at 8:08 PM

I'm going to visit Finland for a second time and I would like to know if is any spanish or latin place or bar to go. Or if any latin people leaving there?

Thank you

10 Answers Jun 18, 2007 at 9:42 AM
    • Turku Nightlife

by robofsherwood2007 Online Now May 29, 2007 at 9:45 AM

I am visiting Turku in Sept and wondered where are the best bars and what I should expect to pay for a beer?

2 Answers Jul 28, 2007 at 1:59 AM
    • Sailing in Finland!!

by pikkolasami Online Now May 3, 2007 at 12:37 AM

Hallo!

Any sailing people there???
      I'm coming with my husband and little son (1,5 years old) in August.
      I'm looking for a sailing ship owner available to bring us for a couple of days around in the Turku Archipelago, we pay of course!!!

Is there anybody with a sailing boat???

Thank you!

1 Answer May 29, 2009 at 6:06 AM
    • Big Blue Marble Pen Pal

by GregBradley Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 9:06 PM

I know this is a long shot, but I had a pen pal from Turku in the 1970's. I was put in contact with him through a television show in the U.S. called The Big Blue Marble. I can not remember his name. All I remember is that he had a little brother and both of them had the blondest of hair, which I am sure is not uncommon. I was living in Oregon, USA at the time. What is the population of Turku? Is it so large that I would have no chance of finding my old pen pal?

Greg

1 Answer Jan 25, 2007 at 12:04 AM
    • Little Knight's tour

by mmthomas Online Now Jun 21, 2006 at 8:52 AM

would a 5 year old girl english speaker be able to get anything out of the Turku castle little knight's tour? We would have the opportunity on a Sunday in July. Are reservations needed? What times is the tour offered?

• DGPoohBear's Profile Photo

Affordable hotel

by DGPoohBear Online Now May 18, 2006 at 7:10 PM

Looking for recommendations for affordable hotel in Turku area during 2 days in July, 2 of us, nothing extravagant but also not a dump either!

3 Answers Jun 29, 2006 at 4:40 AM
    • hivaoa1's Profile Photo

ferries from Turku

by hivaoa1 Online Now Dec 14, 2005 at 11:11 PM

hey guys, i will be in Turku most of my Xmas holidays but my friends there are working weekdays. I have already been several times on the ferry to Stockholm, both night and day. I was wondering, which are the other destinations of ferries from Turku where i could go on a 1-2 day trip?

9 Answers Dec 22, 2005 at 1:54 AM
    • mwoodwar's Profile Photo

Blues in Turku

by mwoodwar Online Now Jun 10, 2003 at 3:51 PM

Hello there, am leaving for Turku on the 12th of June, and wonder if there is a blues club in town anywhere? On a related note (lol) are there AA meetings in Turku, Thanks Mark

1 Answer Jun 10, 2003 at 5:48 PM
    • Visitor coming to Turku-Aug. 2003

by AfricanGuest Online Now May 1, 2003 at 11:10 AM

Please I will like to be informed about how to get to the Institute for Human Rights, Abo Akademi University in Turku. I am arriving directly at Turku Airport and I don't know how to get there. Thank you very much. My trip is in August 2003!

1 Answer May 6, 2003 at 9:14 AM