Turku Travel Answers

change location

Turku to stockholm ferry

by vincent49 Online Now Mar 5, 2012 at 3:16 AM

Have a hire car and would like to take it on the ferry from turku to stockholm. Question is, will it be easy? Stress free? Can we just turn up or do we need to treat the tickets like airline tickets? Thanks heaps in advance)

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Gili_S's Profile Photo

Re: Turku to stockholm ferry

by Gili_S Online Now Mar 5, 2012 at 12:52 PM

There are 2-3 ferries per day from Turku to Stockholm. Unless you plan to go on holiday seasons you can just get to the harbor and get on the ferry, yes, it is easy and stress free, just be there on time. Of course making a call for reservation or making reservation on line in advance is also very easy.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Gili_S's Profile Photo

by Gili_S Online Now Mar 5, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Yes, two by Viking and at list one by Silja and unless they travel on Midsummer period there is always space. Turku ferries are always easier to get space then Helsinki.

• Luckell's Profile Photo

by Luckell Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 1:10 AM

It is as Gili_S says less stressful to go via Turku. Just make sure you are at the harbour one hour before the ferry leavs. Then you shouldn't have any problems. You have to show your ticket when you drive onboard. That's why they want the cars to be there in time. You just read the signs and drive after the other cars. It's not difficult. If you haven't bought the tickets I recommend you to do it in advance. You can do it at Viking Line's or Silja Line's website. When you have your car onboard you have to go down to the car about 20 minutes before the ferry arrive to Stockholm. They should say it in the speakers also. I hope you'll have a pleasent stay in Turku and Stockholm and a safe journy with the ferry. I recommend to eat buffet onboard. The food is delicious. Good luck!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines