Turks and Caicos Islands

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Spending Money

Turks and Caicos Islands Jan 31, 2014 at 5:58 AM

Traveling with my husband and 2 daughters ( 9 & 6 ). Approx. how much spending money should we plan on our budget per day? We plan on food shopping and also bringing non-perishables from home, cereal. etc for breakfasts. And maybe some lunches in as well. But on average, what should we plan on?

• Humidity on the islands

Turks and Caicos Islands Jan 17, 2014 at 7:53 PM

Hello:
      I am researching a couple of islands to visit at the end of May. Can someone share the humidity level of the T & C the last week of May - mainly Provo area?

Thanks
      Maz

2 Answers Jan 18, 2014 at 5:18 AM
    • Best island authentic conch foods in Grand Turk

Grand Turk Jan 17, 2014 at 7:23 PM

Where is the best place to get island authentic conch fritters, crack conch, etc. please help.

• RonaldJ6's Profile Photo

Dissy Donkey

Grand Turk Dec 2, 2013 at 12:27 PM

What is their phone #, Email address etc.

1 Answer Dec 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM
    • our iPhone was stolen

Providenciales Island Sep 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Be careful when traveling in providenciales. In beaches our iphone 5 was stolen. We filed a security incident and a police report. Does anyone have suggestions to what else we should do. How to get the word out. Who should we contact. How do we prevent this from happening to others?

7 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 4:25 PM
    • Shopping and sightseeing in Grand Turk?

Grand Turk Jul 4, 2013 at 7:17 AM

we are going to Grand Turk on a cruise next month. Is there a lot of fun shopping and sightseeing in the town? Can you get there from the cruise ship without getting one of the ship excursions?

3 Answers Jul 4, 2013 at 6:05 PM
    • weather in october

Providenciales Island May 27, 2013 at 6:09 PM

I am thinking about going to Providenciales in the middle of October is that smart idea??? Weather???

2 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM
    • Bullets found in luggage at airport, any further information?

Turks and Caicos Islands May 5, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Apparently there were two cases close together about a week ago where travellers were detained in jail after a single bullet was found in their luggage in a random baggage check at the airport. One was 60 years old and the other was over 80, and they each claim to not even own a gun???? Anyone have more information on this?

9 Answers May 21, 2013 at 4:14 PM
    • private chef

Turks and Caicos Islands Apr 30, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Thinking of renting a villa on Grace Bay but would like a chef for the week, how does it work?

3 Answers Dec 29, 2013 at 2:28 PM
    • transit visa

Turks and Caicos Islands Apr 22, 2013 at 9:59 AM

please i was meant to understand that i need a transit visa before going to turks and caicos.please what is a transit visa?

7 Answers Apr 23, 2013 at 10:13 AM
    • updated site

Turks and Caicos Islands Apr 16, 2013 at 7:27 AM

i have booked my hotel reservation and travel insurance to travel to turks and caicos island but a friend just told me that my country is no longer among visa free countries to turks and caicos and i have done everytin.please how true is this?i need an updated site where i can see the whole visa free countries to turks and caicos this 2013.am a nigerian.pls do help i have only spent on this

5 Answers Apr 16, 2013 at 1:34 PM
    • visa requirements

Turks and Caicos Islands Apr 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM

my country is visa free to turks and caicos islands.what are likely the documents i need to go there apart from my flight ticket?thanx

8 Answers Apr 13, 2013 at 8:13 AM
    • Whale watching

Grand Turk Mar 25, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I would like to check the whales around Grand Truk but I do not want to spend $ 150,- p.p. without being sure you'll see one. Any tips for local Whale watching trips that offer the fun without ripping you off?

2 Answers Mar 26, 2013 at 10:48 AM
    • Whale watching

Grand Turk Mar 25, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I would like to check the whales around Grand Truk but I do not want to spend $ 150,- p.p. without being sure you'll see one. Any tips for local Whale watching trips that offer the fun without ripping you off?

1 Answer Apr 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    • SamuelM8's Profile Photo

hop hours

Grand Turk Jan 13, 2013 at 2:47 PM

what day or day are your shops cloed

• Snorkeling and eating

Turks and Caicos Islands Mar 6, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Hey Folks
      Just got here great place. Lots to do but everyone has a different opinion here on where to snorkel and where to eat. Trusting the VT folks can help us out.
      Thanks in advance

1 Answer Mar 6, 2012 at 8:22 PM
    • Private tour info

Grand Turk Dec 19, 2011 at 4:51 PM

Need a name of a person or company who can tour around two old ladies--must be trustworthy and get us back on time [ on a cruise ship}. will be doing Samana, Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao--need same info for all places

4 Answers Dec 21, 2011 at 3:33 PM
    • crazygal59's Profile Photo

Looking for rentals.

Turks and Caicos Islands Apr 13, 2011 at 6:35 PM

My daughter & her boyfriend are looking for a place to rent for a week on T&C. They want something reasonable (around1200.00) or less that's on or near the beach. Does such a place exist, LOL. They have checked online and of course can only find places that are 2600 or higher. I thought I would put this question out to fellow VT members. I've never been there myself so have no idea what's out there. They like peace and quiet and are not partiers. They will probably rent a jeep or something to get around, but would still like to be as near to the water as possible. Thanks in advance guys.

1 Answer Apr 14, 2011 at 4:22 AM
    • wanting to shop for local art, not tourist traps

Providenciales Island Feb 15, 2011 at 7:53 AM

We are planning a trip in June and I want to find some kind of local handcrafted item to bring home with us. I live near the South Carolina USA coast so some island/coastal we get here. I want something different but handmade. Do you have any suggestions of where we might plan a trip to shop and do some sightseeing as well? We have 2 smaller children (8&2) and want to make the very most of our trip for all of us. Thanks for the help!

• Pirana Joe

Grand Turk Nov 2, 2010 at 5:51 PM

I was just at Grand Turk on a cruise and purchased several items at the Pirana Joe store including a keychain of the Pirana Joe fish. I hung it from my carry on bag. When I got home, I sat it on the floor and my dog decided to chew it up!
      I really liked it and would love to replace it. How do I go about it?
      Joe Capozzo

1 Answer Nov 2, 2010 at 10:26 PM
    • lojoblais's Profile Photo

any nightlife?

Turks and Caicos Islands Jul 14, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Any nightlife and/or ops to socialize for 2 outgoing women in their 40's? Also, anything else to do besides crash on the beach?
      Breezes or Club Med? Or anywhere else?
      Need answers fast, want to go in August.

Thanks!

2 Answers Jul 15, 2010 at 10:08 AM
    • shore trip

Turks and Caicos Islands Mar 2, 2010 at 9:45 AM

What is the best shore trip or should we take a taxi into the center and do a walkabout... open to suggestions

1 Answer Mar 2, 2010 at 12:31 PM
    • bukola's Profile Photo

5 days in T&C

Turks and Caicos Islands Feb 3, 2010 at 4:18 PM

Folks,

I am planning to head to TCI in 2 weeks for a couple of days. Traveling on very limited budget (Ticket took most of my budget).

I would really appreciate it if people can advise me on budget traveling there. Cheap hotel or stay? nice, non expensive restaurants, etc...general advice? I intend to spend most days in Salt Cay.

Looking to stay by the ocean...

thanks all...

1 Answer Feb 3, 2010 at 10:31 PM
    • Looking for best Family restaurants and best excursions at Beaches

Turks and Caicos Islands Sep 30, 2009 at 1:13 PM

This is our first time going to Beaches, Turks and Caicos and we will be traveling in January 2010, with 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 7 & 11).

I would like to know what the best family type restaurants are at the resort and what the best family excursions would be for us when we go.

Also, does anyone know which restaurants require us to dress up?

Looking for answers....thanx!

6 Answers Oct 1, 2009 at 9:22 AM
    • Beaches resort question

Turks and Caicos Islands Sep 12, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Myself and 2 girlfriends (all in our 40s) are contemplating visiting Beaches Resort at Turks and Caicos in Feb 2010. We are a little worried about being surrounded by kids on what we hope would be a relaxing holiday (we love the looks of the beach). Anyone been to the resort in February who has a sense of how busy it is with kids and if it adults without kids can enjoy themselves? Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 12, 2009 at 5:59 PM
    • Traveling to Turks and Caicos for the first time can someone please help!

Turks and Caicos Islands Sep 2, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Planning to travel last week of sept. or first week of Oct., however I am a little skeptical because of the Rain and hurricane season! dont want my vacation to be spoiled due to RAIN! I am traveling with my hubby and 2 girls ages 7,10, staying @ BEACHES RESROT,also,does anyone have any reviews on resort?

Thanks so much,
      Jean

3 Answers Sep 2, 2009 at 7:05 PM
    • Girls Getaway

Turks and Caicos Islands May 11, 2009 at 8:50 PM

I heard Turks & Caicos was beautiful and a ton of fun. I wanted to book a trip for my friends to have a girl's getaway, but I wanted to book our activities with girl related interests. Does anyone know about or have used a travel agency that specializes in travel for women and activities for girls?

4 Answers Sep 12, 2009 at 6:05 PM
    • best snorkelling

Grand Turk Mar 2, 2009 at 7:32 AM

I am travelling to Grand Turk in April 2009, and could someone tell me where is the absolute BEST snorkelling now, since Hurricane Ike. We are just beginners, not too advanced, and want to see some colourful fish, corals, etc, not too crazy about stingrays. Thank you, Elizabeth

• SLLiew's Profile Photo

Turks & Caicos - Anyone can send me a postcard from there?

Turks and Caicos Islands Oct 28, 2008 at 12:55 PM

For the past two years, I have been trying to get a postcard sent from T&C but no luck. Anyone can help me? Thanks.

1 Answer Nov 30, 2008 at 9:21 PM
    • i need the cheapest accomodation in turks and caicos

Turks and Caicos Islands Sep 8, 2008 at 3:00 AM

Hello friends in house
      my friends and i have decieded to choose turks and caicos as our vacation point for october 2008.pls i need information on how to get the cheapest accomodation there for 3 people cos we are budgetin10,000 for the vacation.pls i need this information as soon as possible .i want the accomodation to be in grandturks.

1 Answer Sep 8, 2008 at 3:59 AM