Turkmenistan Travel Answers

change location
kcannon1's Profile Photo

Turkmenistan in October

by kcannon1 Online Now Feb 12, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I've been told Turkmenistan does not permit any foreign visitors during the month of October. I've also heard that, if you request a tourist visa months in advance, it will be granted and you will be allowed entry. Does anyone have any direct experience or knowledge they can share to help clarify the situation?

Thanks.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Fluffy_bunny's Profile Photo

Re: Turkmenistan in October

by Fluffy_bunny Online Now Feb 13, 2013 at 6:09 AM

One person's experience does not make a rule. But i was in Turkmenistan on a transit visa for their Independence Day (October 27-28) The parade was super cool. I had no issues getting the visa nor entering/exiting the country. I met 3 other travellers while there.

Again, this does not mean this is a rule, however, to say "Turkmenistan does not permit any foreign visitors during the month of October" simply is not true.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • SallyM's Profile Photo

Re: Turkmenistan in October

by SallyM Online Now Feb 13, 2013 at 6:57 AM

I don't have direct experience, as I went in December, not October, but it did seem to me that things change quite frequently, so even if this was once true, it may no longer be the case.

Presumably you will be contacting a local tourist agency in order to obtain a letter of invitation anyway, so they would be best placed to advise you. We used Ayan Travel, who were very good. I don't see anything on their visa pages about October being a problem. ayan-travel.com/travel_docs....

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Turkmenistan Travel Answer Locations