Turkey Travel Answers

change location
Sojna's Profile Photo

Cleopatra's Baths in Gocek (Dalaman)

by Sojna Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I have just seen photos of this marvelous place and I wonder how could anybody get there? Is it reachable only by sailing, or is there a road, too? Are there boat trips from any place near there? Is it crowdy in high season? If anybody has actually been there, I would very much apreciate some tips. Thank you!

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • RUMISABUNCU's Profile Photo

Re: Cleopatra's Baths in Gocek (Dalaman)

by RUMISABUNCU Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Cleopatras Baths, (actually The bay of Cleopatras Baths), is a large bay full of lots of pine trees, and has a dark blue sea which goes to light blue, as you reach the shore. In the south western part of the bay, there are some ruins which came down because of the earthquakes in Fethiye. According to the myth, in one of the visits of Cleopatra to Anatolian coasts, her close friends decided to build a Roman Bath for Cleopatra as a present. Because, they found a hot water spring in this part of the bay. The water here was very good for the skin, with the minerals and elements it contained like Calcium, Magnesium, etc.You can go there by boat from Fethiye. there is no road from land. there are some tour organisation from Fethiye to 12 Island. Cleopatras Baths is inside at that tour. The boats can take about 40-50 people.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Turkey Travel Answer Locations