Turkey Travel Answers

change location

Turkey Visa on Arrival

by journeybegins Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Hi All,
My wife and I will be travelling to Turkey soon. We have couple of questions that we need help on:
Ques1. We both are ordinary Indian passport holders and have the USA B1/B2 multiple entry valid visa, so do we still need to apply for a Turkey visa in advance of our travel or will we get it on arrival?
Ques2. How much time does it take at the Attaturk Airport to get the visa on arrival? And what would the cost be of this tourist visa?
Ques3.We are reaching the Attaturk airport at 7:00am and are planning to take the flight straight to Kayeseri from Attaturk at 9:50am. So will 2-3 hours be sufficient to go through the immigration and get the Turkey visa on arrival as well?
We will appreciate your help on our questions. Thanks in advance!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Re: Turkey Visa on Arrival

by Donna_in_India Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Hi - my husband was in the same situation and did need to get a Turkish visa prior, which he got in Mumbai. This was a few years ago though (since then he has U.S. residency and will be allowed visa on arrival). I would suggest to you to please call the nearest Turkish consulate for the correct up-to-date information rather than take any second-hand advice here (or on any forum). You can also check with a reputable travel agency in India to see what they say. Good luck and enjoy Turkey!!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • loksch's Profile Photo

by loksch Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Yes, all visitors require a Visa that is purchased at the airport just prior to entering customs. If I remember correctly, it is $45US or the equivalent in Euros. Do check with a Turkish consulate will work just to be certain.
    Take Care

by Donna_in_India Online Now Mar 20, 2013 at 3:59 PM

loksch wrote:
    Yes, all visitors require a Visa that is purchased at the airport just prior to entering customs. If I remember correctly, it is $45US or the equivalent in Euros. Do check with a Turkish consulate will work just to be certain. Take Care

There are certain nationalities that require a visa prior to arrival.  Indians are one such group (in specific situations).

• vpas's Profile Photo

by vpas Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I was part of a group that recently visited Turkey. If you have a valid U.S. visa, you can get visa on arrival. It just takes about 20 minutes. You will have sufficient time before your connecting flight. The people at the immigrations at the Attaturk airport would help you.
    Have a great trip,

1 member found this helpful

by Donna_in_India Online Now Mar 21, 2013 at 3:08 AM

That's great to know vpas! Means things have gotten better. :-)

• by journeybegins Online Now Apr 9, 2013 at 5:34 AM

Thank you Donna and vpas!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Turkey Travel Answer Locations