Turkey Travel Answers

change location
hmb10's Profile Photo

Taksim Havatas Sabiha Gokcen Airport

by hmb10 Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Greetings to the forum..I have anothersorry "Taksim Havatas" related questions.
1. If using the Havatas frm opp the Marmara Hotel June + others for your previous answers to my other post,How long,timewise, would a trip to the Airport take on a Friday morning ...needing to reach airport for a "domestic flt" to Izmir. The flt I am planning to catch departs 9.40am.
2. What time would be the best departure for me to take have Taksim to Ataturk Airport timetable,but am unshore re departure times for Taksim to Gokcen Airport.
Thanks for your help.

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • muratkorman's Profile Photo

Re: Taksim Havatas Sabiha Gokcen Airport

by muratkorman Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 11:18 PM

I think I posted the link for the timetables in my previous post. But here it is one more time :
    http://www.havatas.com/en/coach.aspx
    If your flight is at 9.40 am, you must be at the airport around 8.00 am, latest 8.30 am. Unfortunately, in this period there is office traffic everywhere. In your case I would take 6.30 bus just to be safe.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • June.b's Profile Photo

by June.b Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 11:42 PM

havatas.com/en/coach.aspx?i=...

That's the link for the Havatas schedule from Taksim to Sabiha Gokcen airport. Travel time is approx. 1.5 hours, so you may take the 6:30 or 7am bus from Taksim.

• June.b's Profile Photo

by June.b Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 11:43 PM

@Murat, ooopss, we posted almost at the same time with the same advice. :)

• hmb10's Profile Photo

by hmb10 Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Thanks to you both +June. b I have now "found" the timetable link you sent me before.Do you think Taksim is the most practical area to stay to access both airports? Would it be a quicker option to use Ataturk Airport and if so,would the time +traffic to Ataturk allow faster travel? I just don't like 6.30am starts!! Of course a later flight option may solve traffic+distance issues .

• fouads's Profile Photo

by fouads Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Hello
    Please take attention that you need some times more than 90min by the bus cause i try it before and take 100 min . it depend on the traffic so i advice to take earlier bus if found .
    also Ataturk Airport locate close to the city so you need about 70-100 min .
    hope you have great trip . best wishes.

• June.b's Profile Photo

by June.b Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Of course Atatturk is the choice of airport as it's nearer to Sultanahmet or Taksim area, plus you have a choice between taking the Havatas airport bus or the metro+tram (to Sultanahmet). Do you have a choice of airport? Flights from the farther Sabiha Gokcen are serving mostly budget airlines, therefore sometimes (?) they're cheaper. I out a question mark because OnurAir and Atlasjet flies from Ataturk airport and most of the time much cheaper than the ones flying out of Sabiha.

In fact I took Onurair from Ataturk 5 days ago to Gaziantep and guess how much I paid

62TL! Both Atlasjet and Onurair flies to Izmir if that's where you're going BUT buy your ticket early online to catch a better fare.

From Ataturk airport it took me 40 minutes to Taksim - no traffic last week, with moderate traffic, you'll be in Taksim or the other way around in no less than 1 hour.

1 member found this helpful

• hmb10's Profile Photo

by hmb10 Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Hi June.b...yes am now looking at flts from Ataturk. Even considering changing my accommodation to other side of Galata bridge,to perhaps broaden my travel options to/from Ataturk airport. Do you have any suggestions about mod/budget accommwith daughter that allows "easy/ trouble free Airport journeys". I do know Sultanahmet is popular...any other areas? Thanks for all your help

• fouads's Profile Photo

by fouads Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Try Asmali cami street in Beyoglu area you will some good choices

• June.b's Profile Photo

by June.b Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 9:57 PM

"East meets West..... Asia meets Europe!" - Istanbul Ili by June.b

You might find a lot of your question answered at that link.

Depends actually on which is comfortable to you. Sultanahmet is the historical peninsula which is merely 15 minutes by taxi or public transport to/from Taksim (Beyoglu) area. If you want to base yourself within convenient walking distance to all the popular historical sights, then Sultanahmet should be your base. You can take the metro train from underground the Ataturk airport, get-off Zeytinburnu station and change to tramvay - also right at this station a half a minute walk between both trains. no sweat at all if that's your concern. At TL4 per person.

Now, if you want to stay in Taksim, you can take the Havatas which is direct shuttle to Taksim. At TL10 per person. Taksim - the square, or Beyoglu - the district or Istiklal Cadessi - the popular street (all pertains to one area). This area is the beat of the city, thousands of people parade along Istiklal everyday so it's lively night and day. Shopping, night spots, coffeeshops, restaurants etc. are abundant here. There are also several churches, synagogues and the galata tower here. So if your daughter is a grown up, she might like this place.

If you will check booking.com, type Taksim on the search, this will give you all the hotels in Taksim area.

Whether you stay in Taksim or Sultanahmet, they're both convenient to/from Ataturk airport.

Have fun.

• June.b's Profile Photo

by June.b Online Now Mar 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM

P.s. both locations are hassle-free trip from the airport, easier done than said or read, you'll be surprised.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Turkey Travel Answer Locations