Turkey Travel Answers

change location

Hammans

by grumpyoldlady Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Can anyone please recommend a hamman near Sishane Istanbul - have read that Galatasaray is expensive and aggressive for tips?? is this true

Also are there any reasonable ones in Akara Hotel Kuloğlu Mh., Turnacıbaşı Cd No:48, 34440 Istambul, Turkey

Ideas of rough prices and length of time would be much appreciated - enjoyed the last one I had many years ago

Thanks

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • vpas's Profile Photo

Re: Hammans

by vpas Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I did go to Galatasaray, Yes, it is expensive but they were not at all aggressive for tips. It was a good experience for me but I am told that there are much cheaper ones in the Asian side. Do ask member Steam and Rain who is a local member. He would be able to guide you better on this.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • June.b's Profile Photo

Re: Hammans

by June.b Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 12:34 PM

turkishhammams.com/Best_Ista...

You may find one that suits you in those list.

I normally go to a neighborhood hamman - cheap ones - not touristic and I usually pay 20TL for the entry and another 20 or 25 for the scrub and massage, I don't pay more than 45TL. Problem is, they're not touristy so a bit hard to find. There's one that give good massage in Eyup near/after the Eyup mosque which I forgot the name along Islambey cad. but you might find it far..

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Turkey Travel Answer Locations