Turkey Travel Answers

change location
Sojna's Profile Photo

Ferry from Istanbul to Bursa

by Sojna Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 3:19 AM

Hello! Does anybody know how much costs a car ticket for the ferry from Istanbul to Bursa? We'll be travelling by car, so is it preferable to take the ferry, or to drive all the way around the sea of Marnara?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • June.b's Profile Photo

Re: Ferry from Istanbul to Bursa

by June.b Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 3:22 AM

You can check the cost at the IDO website, here:

http://www.ido.com.tr/en

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • muratkorman's Profile Photo

by muratkorman Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 3:43 AM

There are 2 different ferries. The one mentioned in the previous post is the seabus ferry operating between Yenikapi and Mudanya. This is the shortcut for travel between Istanbul and Bursa. There are also ferries operating between Eskihisar and Topcular. This one is a shortcut for Gemlik Bay. In order to reach there, you still need to drive quite a bit from Istanbul. If your travel does not require especially your car, leave it in Istanbul and use the seabus to save money and time. You can check my Istanbul and Bursa pages for some useful tips.

• stream&rain's Profile Photo

by stream&rain Online Now Feb 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Hello Sojna, I didn't know it was you gonna visit Turkey. Hope you enjoy your travel.

If car travel is certain, i would recommend you to drive to Eskihisar and via ferry to Topcular.  

Rest just driving. Cost is 50 Turkish Liras for car. ido.com.tr/en/yolculuk-onces...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Turkey Travel Answer Locations