Turkey Travel Answers

change location

Turkey in Autumn

by khalid48 Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Which of the months in Autumn - Is it late October, early November or late November, should we visit Turkey so that we still can see the beautiful weathered and colorful leaves on the trees ?

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • cachaseiro's Profile Photo

Re: Turkey in Autumn

by cachaseiro Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 2:20 AM

It depends a lot on what part of Turkey you plan to visit. It's a big country and the climates are very different around the country. The center of the country goes very cold in winter and very hot in summer and october is actually a good month to visit that. The south coast of Turkey on the other hand should be just fine in november. But as a general rule then october should be a good month. Try to visit in early october if you plan to visit inland or mountain areas like Cappadocia for instance.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Turkey in Autumn

by khalid48 Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Thank Cachaseiro, I would like to visit areas not far from Istanbul and normally our tour is only for 8 to 10 days. However, we dont want the temperature to be above 20 C. It would be ideal if it is around 10 C (night) to 17 C (day) but most important we want to see the colorful leaves on the trees not the weathered leaves on the ground with the trees devoid of any leaves. In Korea it was in late November last year when we saw that scenery. So you think if we come in the 3rd week of October, we can see all that?

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo

by cachaseiro Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Turkey is a fairly dry country and it's only really on the wet north coast that you see a lot of trees, so fall colors are not as dominant there as in other countries. But october should be a good month for the Istanbul region as long as you are prepared for a bit of rain as Istanbul can get rainy in the fall. Still i would say that early october would be the best for the kinda tempteratures you are seeking.

• davidjo's Profile Photo

by davidjo Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 5:37 AM

weather.com/weather/wxclimat...

Certainly October suits your required temperature range for the Istanbul area with the temperature changing dramatically in Sept and Oct as the chart indicates. As Cachasiero pointed out Istanbul area is not renowned for forested areas in the surrounding districts. I have travelled from Greece to Istanbul overland several times and if i remember correctly it is fairly flat with fields of grain crops. Also i have traveled across the Bosphorous and east towards Ankara and the first part of the journey is flat barren land.

• traveloturc's Profile Photo

by traveloturc Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 9:46 AM

October is the right time ...

• Re: Turkey in Autumn

by khalid48 Online Now Feb 15, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Thanks, it is really helpfull.

• June.b's Profile Photo

by June.b Online Now Feb 17, 2013 at 6:45 AM

I arrive Istanbul, Dalyan and Fethiye late October last year and still pretty nice, except that yeah as mentioned above there are some showers but it's still pretty much green except the cold winds started to pick up by November. Weather are between 12 to 20. The great thing is there aren't much tourists at least out of Istanbul, like we were only a handful of tourists in beautiful Kabak and Faralya (Fethiye) and the beach is still warm.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Turkey Travel Answer Locations