change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• kmalson's Profile Photo

May 27th private van tour of Carthage, Sidi Abu Said and the Tunis Medina

Tunis 21 hours ago

Is anyone planning to visit Tunis on May 27th, 2014 by cruise ship and looking for a private tour? I found a good one by a very reputable tour guide which can accomodate up to 8 passengers for only $295.00 total in US dollars. My husband and I can't afford $295.00 on our own but the guide said we can split that 6 ways which would make the tour very cheap indeed. We will be in port from 8:00AM to 3:00PM so will have to move at a fairly good pace but at least we can be a lot quicker than the slow paced giant tour buses which take close to 1/2 hour just to load and unload at each site. The guide has 30 years experienced and is a licensed tour guide. I've read great recommendations about him. He would describe in detail the history of each site and make it worthwhile to visit. I told him our emphasis is on history, art, culture and architecture and not for the purpose of shopping. If you want to shop, take the ship's shore excursions. If you are interested in this tour please reply. Thanks! I'm at my wits end to find a better way to see all the sights in 5 1/2 hours.

more
    • Has anyone visited Tataouine recently?

Tunisia Apr 13, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Has anyone visited Tataouine recently? I would love to visit the ksours and villages (Chenini etc) in the surrounding area but I noticed this area as named in the 'avoid all non-essential travel' warming from the British FCO. Should we be concerned about this warning? When I posted a question on another forum recently someone replied that this area is dangerous and there have been a lot of riots recently but searching the internet I've failed to find anything about riots (expect back in January). I also noticed that other governments (Australia, New Zealand, US, Canada) don't specifically mention places like Tataouine, Douz and Ksar Ghilane in their warnings but rather just border area with Algeria and Libya and Tataouine doesn't seem that close to these borders.

If we do decide to visit would you recommend travelling there independently and hiring a taxi to visit surrounding areas or combining it into a longer 4WD trip from Touzier or Matmata?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

more
    • taxi fares

Gouvernorat de Mahdia Mar 26, 2014 at 5:13 AM

How much is a taxi to mahdia from riu el mansour

more
    • shuttle buses from airport

Sousse Apr 21, 2014 at 12:24 PM

do the local shuttles buses from the airport take you to your hotel or do they drop you off in sousse town?

more

La Goulette, Tunis

Tunis 22 hours ago

Has anyone arrived by cruise ship lately into the port of La Goulette? Is there a tourist office there? Is there a money exchange? What about an ATM (Bankomat) machine? We only have a few hours in port (7) and don't want to waste precious time searching about to exchange money before sight seeing.

more

Carthage, Sidi Abu Said & Tunis Medina all in 5 1/2 hours?

Tunis 21 hours ago

My husband and I will be in port for only 7 hours and really want to visit Carthage most of all but we would also like to visit Sidi Abu Said and the Medina just for the architecture, views, culture and ambiance, not to go shopping. It's a lot to do in one day and for that reason we don't think that the train will work for us. Also, we would need Dinars for the train. We hate cruise ship excursions with 45 other passengers being herded like cattle. We have always toured independently. Would you recommend hiring a taxi to take us everywhere or finding a local guide? Do taxis and local guides accept Eruos or credit cards? I'm usually really good at planning our independent travel and have spent over a week already researching Tunis with no positive answers. If we had to cut one place, which would you recommend cutting? Carthage is a must. Are we being foolish by cutting out the Bardo Museum? It sounds wonderful but just impossible with everything else. This is really tough. We both love history and don't care much for touristy places if that helps.

more
    • WEATHER IN TUNISIA IN MAY

Tunisia Apr 9, 2014 at 11:57 PM

hI,
      Does anyone know what's the weather like in Tunisia in late May? I'm travelling to Hammamet in 21st May. Is it hot enough to do sunbathe and spend a day at the beach???
      Tnx!

more
    • shuttle buses from airport

Sousse Apr 21, 2014 at 12:24 PM

do the local shuttles buses from the airport take you to your hotel or do they drop you off in sousse town?

1 Answer Apr 21, 2014 at 12:38 PM
    • Has anyone visited Tataouine recently?

Tunisia Apr 13, 2014 at 7:36 AM

Has anyone visited Tataouine recently? I would love to visit the ksours and villages (Chenini etc) in the surrounding area but I noticed this area as named in the 'avoid all non-essential travel' warming from the British FCO. Should we be concerned about this warning? When I posted a question on another forum recently someone replied that this area is dangerous and there have been a lot of riots recently but searching the internet I've failed to find anything about riots (expect back in January). I also noticed that other governments (Australia, New Zealand, US, Canada) don't specifically mention places like Tataouine, Douz and Ksar Ghilane in their warnings but rather just border area with Algeria and Libya and Tataouine doesn't seem that close to these borders.

If we do decide to visit would you recommend travelling there independently and hiring a taxi to visit surrounding areas or combining it into a longer 4WD trip from Touzier or Matmata?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

• WEATHER IN TUNISIA IN MAY

Tunisia Apr 9, 2014 at 11:57 PM

hI,
      Does anyone know what's the weather like in Tunisia in late May? I'm travelling to Hammamet in 21st May. Is it hot enough to do sunbathe and spend a day at the beach???
      Tnx!

4 Answers Apr 16, 2014 at 5:13 AM
    • taxi fares

Gouvernorat de Mahdia Mar 26, 2014 at 5:13 AM

How much is a taxi to mahdia from riu el mansour

• BarbaraC19's Profile Photo

Dreams beach hotel sousse

Sousse Mar 21, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I'm off to Sousse next week and staying for 21 nights. I am a single female traveller in my very late forties. OK I will be 50 while I am away..Any recommendations regarding places I should steer clear of or places I shouldn't miss. Thank you

9 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 10:50 AM
    • Kaskais's Profile Photo

Just Book Excursions from Djerba are they Legit ?? Or it´s a scam ??

Tunisia Mar 19, 2014 at 1:08 AM

I´m trying to book some tours/excursions and I´ve come across with this web site justbookexcursions.com that have some tours all around the world and in Tunisia , they also have justbookhotels & transfers and they belong to some Turist Travel Association in the UK (they are registered as Just Book Travel Ltd) but I don´t find any reviews or anything on them....the company is new from the end of 2013 !
      Can some help me ?

Thanks,
      AC

10 Answers Mar 27, 2014 at 9:58 AM
    • Safe for a young female traveler in tunis

Tunisia Mar 12, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Hello,

I am a 21 year old female and

I will be in tunis for 4 days staying in the main part of town. I am american( and look it) will i experience any trouble? Thanks.

2 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 2:17 PM
    • Glennaldo's Profile Photo

Tunisia Safe for Travel at the moment?

Tunisia Mar 9, 2014 at 1:13 PM

Yeah this may seem like a silly question, but everywhere I look online seems pretty out of date... but I'm about to buy my plane tickets to spend 9 days in Tunisia in April, and before I do, just wanted to touch base with anyone whose been there recently.... Tunisia's safe for independent travel at the moment, right? I'm thinking of heading south from Tunis to perhaps Matmata or Djerba and back. Anyway, just wanted to get confirmation about the security situation there.
      Thanks!

6 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 6:54 AM
    • somewhere to stay

Maktar Mar 4, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Is there anywhere safe and affordable to stay in Maktar.
      How practical is it to get from Maktar to Dougga by public transport?
      thanks

3 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 1:54 AM
    • Where to stay in Tunisia

Tunisia Feb 24, 2014 at 4:13 AM

Where is a good place to stay that isn't too touristy but is a good location for day trips. We are travelling with an 18 year old who would like access to some water activities. We would like to stay in a villa with a pool if possible.

1 Answer Mar 1, 2014 at 12:04 AM
    • sfax-worth the trip?

Tunisia Feb 22, 2014 at 10:03 AM

I though Sfax was going to be worth a visit but 2 people have advised me that it is large, industrial and better to use my time elsewhere-what do those living in Sfax or past visitors think?

2 Answers Mar 1, 2014 at 12:11 AM
    • Grand Hotel de France in Tunis - still operational ???

Tunisia Feb 21, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Hi - want to stay at this place for some character. Has anyone stayed there VERY recently (past week or so) ? Because the hotel's phone number (+21671326244) doesn't seem to be a valid number, the yahoo email address that is associated with the hotel gets no replies, and of course there is no website... All a bit frustrating really. I'm guessing they have shut down.

1 Answer Feb 21, 2014 at 5:06 AM
    • Weather Feb/March

Sousse Feb 20, 2014 at 7:40 AM

Hi all, Can anyone tell me if it will be warm enough to sunbathe, flying out next week for two weeks? Thanks

2 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 1:40 PM
    • somewhere to stay

El Kef Feb 17, 2014 at 10:20 AM

where can a single,older ,female traveller stay overnight that is clean,safe and affordable?

1 Answer Feb 22, 2014 at 7:45 AM
    • staying safe alone

Tunisia Feb 17, 2014 at 9:16 AM

If I get the bus from Douz to Sfax it arrives after midnight.Even if I have accommodation pre booked in Sfax Is this asking for trouble .?I am an older female traveller with limited french

1 Answer Feb 17, 2014 at 9:58 AM
    • Taxo price,from Enfidha APT to Monastir

Tunisia Feb 17, 2014 at 5:29 AM

Hi,

anyoneknows theprice fora4 seater taxi fromEnfidhaAierporttoMinastairhotel (Delphin el Habib)

maybe a driver phone number?

thanks

3 Answers Mar 3, 2014 at 6:08 AM
    • bus schedules help need please

Tunisia Feb 15, 2014 at 11:13 AM

bus scedules help need please
      Would anyone in Tunisia be prepared to help me to work out my travel schedule?

I want to do a lot of travel in April ,mostly using buses. The train website is great-easy to follow and use ,but I'm not getting anywhere with the bus website(not in English and I can't find bus times.
      all help gratefully received

1 Answer Feb 15, 2014 at 11:44 AM
    • anitpotter's Profile Photo

trying not to be a tourist

Tunis Feb 14, 2014 at 6:10 AM

hi, i dont usually travel on a package holiday but im coming for a fortnight with half board accomodation on a learning break. we have 4 seminars that i will definitely attend. i will be staying in port el kantaoui but would like to explore small non touristy places, fishing villages, market towns and am looking for local information. there are a number of organised tourist trips to sousse, monastir,kairouan, el djem, dougga, carthage, sidi bou said and i would like advice as to which might be worth going to and which i can skip in favour of exploring tunisia as locals live it rather than just as tourists see it. i am used to travelling independently but am unsure about managing the attention i think i might get from locals and am looking for advice. i struggled in morocco and egypt as a single female with no arabic, but had no difficulties in sri lanka or lebanon. i speak french but am unsure how useful it will be. i would be pleased of any ideas or recommendations. thanks for reading. tina

12 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 4:33 AM
    • Mosquitoes

Tunisia Feb 9, 2014 at 11:52 AM

Are there any Mosquitos in early march

3 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 3:37 AM
    • 10 days on a budget

Tunisia Feb 9, 2014 at 11:46 AM

I Have just booked flight to and from Enfida for 10 days in April.

I plan to start in Sousse as I have found some nice accommodation there,but would welcome thoughts on the rest of the trip as I would like to experience history, stunning scenery, local culture through using local transport and reasonably priced accommodation.
      all recommendations and ideas if you please

2 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 4:14 AM
    • mel301's Profile Photo

Travel to Sousse

Sousse Feb 5, 2014 at 2:58 AM

Hi,
      We have booked a week in Sousse in Tunisia, and then discovered that there is still trouble there and there are travel restrictions. Can anyone tell me what it is like in and around the Sousse area and if there is any trouble at all?

4 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 4:02 AM
    • Acceptance

Tunisia Feb 4, 2014 at 5:58 AM

Hi. I'm just wondering how "accepting" the area of port el kantoui is. Me and my boyfriend 17 & 25 are going with a double room and we know obviously not to parade that were gay holding hands etc but would their be any discriminatory act towards us?

7 Answers Feb 12, 2014 at 3:57 AM
    • Simply sahara excursion

Tunisia Feb 4, 2014 at 12:55 AM

I am travelling next week with my two teenage sons and would have like to have gone to the Star Wars sets but I understand it is not safe to do so now and they have been cancelled can anyone update me please or know if there are any sets further north please x

3 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 1:47 PM
    • Hotel Marillia

Nabeul Feb 3, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Is hotel Marillia quiet, clean and serving good food?

1 Answer Feb 7, 2014 at 1:35 PM
    • older female traveller

Tunisia Jan 19, 2014 at 1:00 PM

thinking of low cost, independent travel around the county this Ester-any thoughts?

5 Answers Jan 21, 2014 at 9:15 AM
    • ATM in Hammamet

Tunisia Jan 19, 2014 at 1:19 AM

Hi there,
      Traveling to Hammamet in June. I know i will have to exchange my english money at the hotel, however if I need to draw some more I'll need to use a cash machine, I know there will be quite a few about and there will be a charge from my bank but I am a bit wary of a dogey atm taking my card or not giving me money or my card getting cloned..? Is there anything I should look out for?
      Thanks

4 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 4:26 PM
    • Safe to travel?

Hammamet Jan 13, 2014 at 3:49 AM

Hi guys, me and my boyfriend (19 and 21yrs old) are thinking about traveling to Hammamet, but we are worried about the safety. Our government (Sweden) has sent our warnings for trips to Tunisia so we don't know if we dare to go there. Also, can you dress how you want or should you be modest? As a pale blonde swede i usually dont blend in very well so I dont want to make it worse by dressing "disrespectfully" or something if you get my point. Thankful for answers!

7 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 1:29 PM
    • travel4u's Profile Photo

Tips to tunisia and morocco

Tunis Jan 9, 2014 at 7:29 PM

I am planning t trip to tunisia and morocco this year around June fir three weeks and I was wondering if anyone have tried this combo trip and the best way to get in between places. i would also appreciate if you can recommend accommodations and things to do in both countries. I sure would like to do the desert camping in Tunisia and have read many contrasting experiences but of course, we can always be flexible during this types of adventures. Thank you guys!

5 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 5:41 PM
    • is it safe

Sousse Jan 8, 2014 at 12:40 AM

is it safe for a 18 and 17 year old boy n girl to go on there own ?

8 Answers Jan 20, 2014 at 5:14 PM
    • Taxi costs

Monastir Jan 5, 2014 at 2:12 PM

Does anybody know how much a taxi costs, roughly, from Hammamet airport to Skanes, Monastir? Thanks

2 Answers Jan 7, 2014 at 6:35 AM