Tunisia Travel Answers

change location
cuddles59's Profile Photo

is it safe to go o holiday to monastir tunisia

by cuddles59 Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 6:20 AM

hi there i was just wondering if it is still safe to travel to tunisia .. we are booked for a weeks holiday in monastir in may at the houda golf hotel
just a bit weary with all the trouble just now we have until the end of feb to decide if we still want to go or change our destination but really looking forward to tunisia as we had to cancel the same holiday before with trouble too

thanx

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: is it safe to go o holiday to monastir tunisia

by leics Online Now Feb 7, 2013 at 11:41 AM

No-one can foretell the future, of course, but at present I see no reason whatsoever to cancel or change your holiday. I am sure you are sensible enough to keep well away from any demonstrations, should they occur..and one always knows (from the noise) where they are happening.

You can keep an eye on the regularly-updated UK government travel advisory for Tunisia:

fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-liv...

but do be aware that all such government websites err of the side of caution, for obvious reasons.

At present there are no restrictions on travel to Tunisia advised on the government website

If you are travelling with a tour company or package holiday company you can be certain that if there is any risk they will do the cancelling for you: no company is going to risk the safety of its clients.

Given the existing circumstances (and, as I said, no-one can foretell the future) I would very happily go to Tunisia tomorrow or in May. Most especially as it would not be anywhere as hot as my August visit!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Tunisia Travel Answer Locations