change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Liv4thebeach's Profile Photo

Cheap place to stay on South end of beach

by Liv4thebeach Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Does anyone know of good place to stay on South end of beach close to Sian Ka'an reserve? We stayed at Rancho San Eric last year and loved it but it is $210/nt. we really just need privacy and a place to sleep. Pretty easy going. Thought about staying with "naked beach guy" on the reserve but I think that's a little much for me.
      Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
      Thanks!

more
    • Liv4thebeach's Profile Photo

Cheap place to stay on South end of beach

by Liv4thebeach Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 12:31 PM

Does anyone know of good place to stay on South end of beach close to Sian Ka'an reserve? We stayed at Rancho San Eric last year and loved it but it is $210/nt. we really just need privacy and a place to sleep. Pretty easy going. Thought about staying with "naked beach guy" on the reserve but I think that's a little much for me.
      Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
      Thanks!

• "affordable" beachfront villa/casita at Tulum Beach.....does it exist?

by tarheelblue Online Now Mar 3, 2014 at 2:12 PM

have never been down there, and this may be a silly question (based on my research, it may well be). can I find a 2 BR villa or casita along Tulum beach for under $2000/wk (inclusive of tax) at low season? we are going in late June or July. ideally not right up at the ruins area....further south...but not as far as SIan Kaan. any help is appreciated.

have tried all the usual spots...here, T/A, VRBO, airBNB, etc. would prefer not to be on a compound of bunglaows, but that is a possibility I guess. not a house subdivided into condos either. don't need internet. don't need AC.

we are looking up Soliman way too just to be clear (more single family units there I see). Just prefer Tulum due to a bit more wave action (for my 10 YO son). and proximity to the pueblo (for my wife).

any secrets you can share???? cheers!

1 Answer Apr 8, 2014 at 10:25 AM
    • Sea Turtles

by paul56087 Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 6:58 AM

Where is the place you can snorkel with the turtles?

5 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 7:03 PM
    • kathykiger's Profile Photo

Soliman Bay

by kathykiger Online Now Jan 2, 2014 at 11:02 AM

I am new to VT and would like to add info and video of a vacation rental home we rented. Will I place it in Tulum category? I noticed Soliman Bay is not recognized on this site. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2 Answers Jan 2, 2014 at 11:39 AM
    • traditional pole dance

by michelleava Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 12:52 AM

does anyone know where i could see a traditional pole dance near tulum in december?

3 Answers Dec 11, 2013 at 6:51 AM
    • Day trips to Outside Towns/Cities

by LindseyFM Online Now Nov 9, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Hello! I am planning on visiting Tulum with a friend of mine this December. We enjoy the beach and plan on seeing the ruins and doing several of the eco tours such as the various caves. I was wondering if there are any other towns outside of Tulum that you would recommend visiting as a day trip? I imagine that Tulum is fairly touristy, and was looking to get a more 'authentic' Mexican city/town feel. If you have any recommendations that would be great!

We are not planning on renting a car but are open to taking public busses, etc. Thank you.

Lindsey

3 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • Help deciding for a nice beach hotel in Tolum

by Lookingforabeach Online Now Aug 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Hi, my husband and I middle 30´s are looking for a nice hotel to stay by the beach in Tolum, below $200, prefer a quiet place, beach quality is the most important, then nice rooms, we don't need pool, or t.v., nice to drive by car or walk to nice restaurants. I narrowed it to: Nueva Vida Ramiro, Los lirios, The beach and cabanas la Luna, we are going first 2 weeks of september, so we can get very good prices, please Help me! Thank you.

1 Answer Sep 13, 2013 at 6:56 AM
    • CANCUN -HIRE A CAR OR GET AROUND BY TAXI

by DOREENTURNER Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 7:54 PM

WOULD YOU GET A TAXI OR HIRE A CAR IN CANCUN ? THANKS !!

6 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 12:52 PM
    • Tulum, Mexico Visiting in July

by lcs7726 Online Now Apr 12, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Hi! My boyfriend and I are considering staying in Tulum at the end of July (at Playa Sleva). I am worried about the lack of AC. We will be right on the beach. What can we expect for this time of the month? What will the weather be like? Does anyone have any info about playa selva accommodations? Thank you

1 Answer Apr 12, 2013 at 12:00 PM
    • Saar123's Profile Photo

Best Kite School in Tulum

by Saar123 Online Now Nov 27, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Hi,

I will be arriving in Tulum on the 17th of december, staying there for 3 nights. I would like to learn to kite-surf. Never done it before, I'm 34y female (fit enough I hope :-)). Which scool would you recommend me?

Thanks!!

2 Answers Dec 21, 2011 at 8:58 PM
    • Weather November

by lukemc Online Now Oct 26, 2011 at 6:24 AM

I'm going to Tulum for 2 weeks from the 1st November, and the 14 day forecasts aren't good, they predict rain on most days. I know 14 day forecasts are very inaccurate, so will someone please put my mind at rest and say it will be sunny! And when it does rain, will it still be sunny for rest of day?

Thanks

5 Answers Oct 28, 2011 at 7:16 AM
    • how safe is it to drive from cancun to punta allen

by renee1555 Online Now Oct 19, 2011 at 4:44 PM

We are going to Mexico 2112 for the 21 time. Driving from Cancun, to Akumal, then Punta Allen. I've been listening to the news concerning all the drug cartels fighting in the North, Veracruz and other areas, and we were wondering if there has been any problems from Akumal to Punta Allen. Thanks

3 Answers Feb 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
    • Saar123's Profile Photo

December: Single traveller: stay by the beach, or stay in Town?

by Saar123 Online Now Aug 30, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Hi,

I will be travelling to Tulum mid december. I am a single traveller of 34 years old. I want to make a booking in advance, but don't know what is the best area in Tulum to stay: By the beach? Or in town? I would like to meat some fellow-travellers, have a few drinks in a relax bar, but do not want to be in a desertad area. Can you recommend me something?

Thanks!!

5 Answers Dec 21, 2011 at 9:06 PM
    • Where to stay? How hot in August?

by carrietalus Online Now Jul 27, 2011 at 6:03 PM

We are going to Tulum mid August and have yet to book a place to stay! I am looking online and I am not sure exactly how hot/uncomfortable it will be then to sleep with out A/C. Should we get a place with A/C or not? Also, I have no idea where to stay. I like the look of the more rustic places on the beach but I also want to be comfortable at night. We are up to staying anywhere that is nice, safe,100 or less, and comfortable. Any suggestions?

6 Answers Aug 22, 2011 at 7:10 PM
    • Rain Rain Rain

by sbmermaid Online Now Jul 2, 2011 at 9:25 AM

I am going to Tulum next week for honeymoon, and the forecast switches from "isolated t storms" to "showers"... I know July is the rainy reason, but am I gong to get any sun?

2 Answers Jul 2, 2011 at 2:16 PM
    • Safe for women to travel alone?

by trimacl Online Now May 13, 2011 at 8:00 AM

I read the older posting about Tulum being reasonably safe but wanted to ask more specifically about women traveling alone. I am married with two small children and need a few days of solitude! I am looking to rent a cabana at Cabanas La Luna in Tulum in Sept or Oct. For those of you who have been there or are knowledgeable about the area, would you be ok with your wife or daughter traveling there alone? Obviously I would be very aware of my surroundings at all times and not travel alone at night. Thanks so much for your help!

7 Answers Jul 16, 2011 at 10:45 AM
    • Staying at Dreams Resort - want to see Ruins

by tulum2124 Online Now Apr 6, 2011 at 4:17 PM

Would we need a rental car to see the local attractions such as the ruins? Anyone have opinions on the Dreams Tulum? I will probably call to ask the hotel, but do you know if the hotel provides transportation to/from the airport? Thank you!

6 Answers Dec 12, 2011 at 7:22 AM
    • Anybody traveling to Tulum May 16-21?

by thunderstriker Online Now Apr 6, 2011 at 2:37 AM

My bro is getting married at Dreams Resort in May. Anybody else going that time? Any tips for first timers?

1 Answer Apr 11, 2011 at 8:15 AM
    • Tulum Beach sun chair rentals

by cquick2 Online Now Jan 21, 2011 at 8:54 AM

We are staying in Tulum for a week and would like to spend a couple of days at the beach. Can we arrange for the rental of a chair or lounger with shade?

• How Safe Is Tulum?

by Tooshy Online Now Jan 16, 2011 at 6:44 PM

What with all that's happening in Mexico these days, how safe is it to travel to Tulum?

8 Answers Jan 19, 2011 at 2:30 AM
    • wilocrek's Profile Photo

Best beaches in Tulum?

by wilocrek Online Now Jan 8, 2011 at 6:44 PM

What are the best beaches in Tulum and do they cost money to enter. If I remember correctly the only way to enter most beaches is through the hotels so which places can I enter for the beach for free?

2 Answers Jan 16, 2011 at 7:00 AM
    • victor72's Profile Photo

Ruinas mayas de Tulum desde Playa del Carmen

by victor72 Online Now Dec 20, 2010 at 3:41 PM

Hola amigos viajeros !!

A ver si me podéis ayudar.
      En breve llegaré a Cozumel y mi idea es hacer Tulum por libre. Primero, ferry a Playa del Carmen, pero de ahí para llegar a Tulum, me surgen muchas dudas :
      ¿Es posible ir en bus desde la estación de autobuses de Playa del Carmen ? o quizá hay otras opciones mejores : ¿ las vans dónde se pueden tomar en Playa del Carmen ? o ¿ ir en taxi,sobre cúanto puede costar desde Playa del Carmen?
      Por último, ¿ es posible pagar en dólares los medios de transporte y la entrada a las ruinas mayas de Tulum o hay que cambiar a pesos ?
      Muchas gracias. Y saludos desde España.
      Victor

8 Answers Jan 21, 2011 at 3:14 PM
    • I need to buy new Ray Bans!!

by PippaPal Online Now Nov 20, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Hi Guys,

I lost my Ray Bans in the Sea in Puerto Escondido and I need to find a fairly big shop (like a sunglasses hut) that has a good selection as I have a tiny face and need "New Wayfarers" which most small opticians don't stock. Anyone know where I can get some? xx

1 Answer Nov 21, 2010 at 3:26 AM
    • mchassy's Profile Photo

Looking for a dive shop/hostel in Tulum

by mchassy Online Now Nov 16, 2010 at 1:03 PM

I'll be going to Tulum in early January. I'm looking for advice on hostels and dive shops. More the dive shop, but if possible, I'm looking for two which are connected as usually they will often give you a discount if both sleep and dive with them.
      But any advice would be good.

Thanx for any info

Mark

1 Answer Nov 16, 2010 at 10:30 PM
    • hapicampr's Profile Photo

Camping in VW bus in Tulum ?are there beaches/campsites?

by hapicampr Online Now Oct 24, 2010 at 11:26 AM

I have a few months free this winter and was thinking of driving from Colorado to Tulum or somewhere in that region.

I would value opinions and stories from others who have driven and stayed for some period in the area and please recommend places to stay or ways to find a place to camp for a couple/few months.

I have torn cartilage in my knee (recent accident) and I want to swimm and snorkel to rehab it this winter.

1 Answer Oct 24, 2010 at 7:12 PM
    • susu111's Profile Photo

Weather in Tulum in October?

by susu111 Online Now Sep 27, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Hi

I'm planning a last-minute vacation (want to leave in a little over a wk), and have been trying to decide mainly between Nicaragua (Leon/Granada and Corn Islands), Panama (Panama City and San Blas Islands) and Mexico (Tulum and Merida). I was leaning toward Nicaragua initially, but am worried about traveling to a fairly remote island with limited amenities in the middle of the rainy season. I also think the Mexico trip would be the least stressful option(shortest flight, easy bus ride from Tulum to Merida). The one thing I'm not sure about is the weather. I'll be traveling in early/mid-October, and weather forecasts in all the places I'm considering indicate some rain. However, I have no idea if that means an hour or two of heavy rain during the day, rain overnight, or lots of rain during the day (which could be an issue). Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect weather-wise in Tulum in October? (I'm less concerned about the weather in Merida.)

I need to make a decision about where I'm going in the next day or so, and the weather could easily sway my decision, so any feedback would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

3 Answers Sep 28, 2010 at 8:53 AM
    • bus from tulum to chiquila

by caterospa Online Now Aug 12, 2010 at 12:06 PM

there is a bus from tulum to chiquila?and how much is it?
      Thanks
      Caterina

• Guitar Trio

by lynnehart Online Now Apr 20, 2010 at 10:41 AM

Hello -

I'm wondering if anyone has a local Tulum contact for a Mexican Guitar "Trio". Quotes are because I really don't care if its 1, 2, 3 or more guys. I am having a very small (20) wedding in a very remote, do it yourself location and most of the attendees speak spanish and love old romantic boleros. We're not looking for a mariachi, just guys with guitars who sing old romantics. The price I got when I was last there was200 per hour and that seems just ridiculous.

Thanks for help! I won't be back into the area until one day before the wedding, so the ability to call or email someone to make arrangements would be excellent.

Thanks!!

3 Answers Apr 21, 2010 at 8:40 AM
    • reasonable and romantic restaurant suggestions??

by andera1 Online Now Mar 11, 2010 at 6:31 AM

My wife and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary in Tulum, and I'd like to plan a special dinner away from our resort for an evening. I'd appreciate recommendations for a reasonably-priced restaurant with a romantic atmosphere. No preferences for types of food at this point. Thanks!!

3 Answers Apr 9, 2010 at 11:54 AM
    • Is there room for luggage on collectivos??

by andera1 Online Now Mar 5, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Hello,

My wife and I will be staying in Tulum, and I am now considering our options for getting from the CUN airport to our place in Yulum. I have basically ruled out private transport since I could almost rent a car cheaper. Now I am considering the ADO buses and collectivos. My question is this...if we are to catch a ride on a collectivo, will there be room for our luggage? Appreciate any advice!

Thanks!

5 Answers Mar 8, 2010 at 7:16 AM