Tulsa Travel Answers

change location
hughbt's Profile Photo

Visit - now in February

by hughbt Online Now Dec 26, 2005 at 2:56 PM

Hello all

Thank you for your advice on my last posting. I have checked out Tulsa members pages now and have an idea of some of the things I want to do when I get to Tulsa. I'm now coming February 12th - 18th approx.

I am looking for any good cheap suggestions for accomodation. I am on a scholarship and have to scrape my way around Tulsa - any hostels or small boarding houses?

I tried the journalplus thing on someone elses response but couldnt find it.

Thank you

Hugh

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • BixB's Profile Photo

RE: Visit - now in February

by BixB Online Now Jan 12, 2007 at 11:50 AM

Hugh,

I'm not aware of any hostels or boarding houses. The Downtown Tulsa YMCA (918-583-9622, ask for Bruce) rents private rooms (with shared baths) for68 a week (plus refundable20 key deposit). There may be some "characters" in residence and I wouldn't wander around outside in that area at night too much, but my unerstanding is that the accomodations are safe and clean. If you won't have a car, the Tulsa Transit bus station is about two blocks away and you can get around town fairly easily with that.

I have no idea if they have any programs but you might also try contacting the Unitversity of Tulsa (800-331-3050) or Oral Robert University (800-678-8876) and seeing if they have any accomodations for visiting students.

Good luck. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines