Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Near Tulcea

• stamoz's Profile Photo

border crossing

by stamoz Online Now Sep 7, 2015 at 1:51 PM

Hi everyone!,

I'm kindly asking if it's posible to get to Ukraine from Tulcea thru the Danube river, guess the closest city is Izmayil at the other side of the border. I need to get confirmed on this as I wanna take either train or bus to Odesa.

Might be another option heading to Sulina and take the ferry to Odessa ?

Thank you

• Visit Tulcea from Bucharest

by corakinhing Online Now Jun 30, 2009 at 11:02 PM

We are planning to Visit Tulcea from Bucharest, any direct bus from Bucharest to Tulcea, or taking train is better?

How can we go to the Danube Delta to sea the nature by boat tour? Where to sleep? Any organized tour?

Thanks for your information.

3 Answers Jul 15, 2009 at 3:29 PM
    • How to get from Varna to Tulcea

by corakinhing Online Now Jun 23, 2009 at 8:30 AM

Hi, we soon will visit Tulcea in August, and headning to Tulcea from Varna of Bulgaria. Anyone could advise if there any direct bus running from Varna to Tulcea, and the time it takes, or any other easy means to get there.

Thanks very much.

4 Answers Jun 24, 2009 at 7:58 AM
    • jonathanbarker's Profile Photo

Travelling from Bucharest (Bucuresti) to Tulcea and then heading towards Southern Bucovina

by jonathanbarker Online Now Apr 8, 2009 at 7:35 AM

Buna (servus)

My colleague and I are planning our trip in Romania and have a flight to Bucharest wher we are staying for three days.

As we are planning to visit the Danube Delta we have booked accommodation in Crisan.

So far so good.

However it seems from the information we have from the CFR timetable there is only one train from Bucuresti Nord to Tulcea Malfuri, which arrives Tulcea well after the ferries have gone.

From reading messages I have also thought about alternative forms of transport, including long-distance coaches and "maxi-taxis", and would like advice about times. Ideally we want to leave Bucuresti at a sensible time (7-9am) to arrive in time for the 13.00 ferry.

Do the ferries only run at these times (13.00, 14.00)?

We are travellers from England and will be confused at bus and railway stations, but if we can we know the schedules in good time we can perhaps book ahead.

Our second problem is we want to see the painted monastries in Southern Bucovina, the area around Segheti and the sapanta cemetery, before heading for Sibiu, from where we think we can make day trips to Sighisoara and Cluj-Napoca?

Our last leg of our journey is heading for Timisoara and then onto Budapest.

Please can you also advise us of public transport from Tulcea to Suceava (southern Bucovina) preferably without going through Bucarest (again).

All comments would be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you (multumesc)

Jonathan and Elizabeth

1 Answer Apr 8, 2009 at 11:33 AM
    • supune's Profile Photo

going from tulcea to Turkey

by supune Online Now Apr 1, 2005 at 12:25 PM

is it possible to go by ship/boat from Tulcea to Turkey?

how expensive is it? how does it compare to flying from Romania to Turkey.

does a US citizen need visa to go from Romania to Turkey

2 Answers Apr 14, 2005 at 8:59 AM
    • ATLC's Profile Photo

by ATLC Online Now Aug 7, 2004 at 12:17 PM

I may have to travel alone from Bucharest to Tulcea on Sunday 5 Sept. Chances are that my journey will start at 15 hrs at the earliest. Do trains ride? How long would it take? Any other options? Accomodation for 5 Sept. onwards is all booked, it's just that the group is leaving earlier than I, because I have other obligations.

2 Answers Aug 18, 2004 at 2:04 PM
    • supune's Profile Photo

Danube Delta River Tours and Ferry to Constanta

by supune Online Now Jul 17, 2004 at 2:34 PM

On the weekend of september 3rd, 2 friends and I plan to visit Tulcea. We want to take some pictures of the natural wonders there. I heard there are river boat tours. How do I find out more about them. We plan to come by train from Bucharest early Saturday morning. Then we would like to find a boat tour through some of the nice parts. Any suggestions? Any suggestions on where to eat lunch here? I'd like to sample some of the local dishes and of course, a good buy is always welcome. I'm not sure if we will spend the night here, but definitly most of the day. After that we want to go to Constanta. I heard it is possible to take ferry and train to Constanta. Any info on that? thank you very much for all suggestions and comments.

1 Answer Jul 25, 2004 at 5:13 AM
    • kyaking the danube delta

by mutts Online Now Apr 18, 2004 at 12:40 AM

Can you tell me whether I can kyak/canoe in the delta? Can you give me some ideas of what I may see there please

2 Answers Apr 30, 2004 at 12:15 PM