change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• JHR's Profile Photo

Halloween, Allerheiligen, Allerseelen

Land Baden-Württemberg Sep 18, 2015 at 4:15 AM

I will be in Freiburg 30th Oct - 2nd Nov. I've just realised that this covers Halloween, All Saints and All Souls Day. I suspect (to be honest, I hope) that Badners don't celebrate Halloween in the same tacky(!) way as the USA and latterly the UK. In fact, isn't the Germans' use of 'Halloween' Denglish? What was wrong with 'Vorabend vom Allerheiligenfest'?! Question: On Nov 1 and Nov 2 do any traditional events relating to Allerheiligen and Allerseelen take place in Südbaden? Would need to be accessible by train or bus from Freiburg.

• cash on Credit Card Swipe in Stuttgart

Stuttgart Sep 7, 2015 at 4:01 AM

Dear users,

I am new to Stuttgart and in need of some help from the forum. I have a Master card credit card from India and i have the cash limit of 30% and swipe limit of 70% , I am looking for some place like hotel or restaurant where i can swipe for some amount and get cash on hand from it where i pay 5-6% of commision.

This is very common in India and i don't know where can i get this done in stuttgart, Please share me if you can help me with some Info

• Monday evening dining plans

by koontzhome5 Online Now Apr 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Do you have any suggestions for a good and reasonably priced restaurant to eat at on a Monday evening in Tubingen? I realize that many places are closed on Mondays, and I am concerned that we will not have any idea where to take our family for dinner.

• Peanut Allergies

by aero761 Online Now Aug 20, 2011 at 7:59 PM

Are restaurants able to accommodate people with nut allergies? Are there certain places that are more willing than others? Is there a certain way to communicate the request auf deutsch?

4 Answers Aug 23, 2011 at 6:33 PM
    • johnwilky53's Profile Photo

New Year in Tubingen

by johnwilky53 Online Now Dec 19, 2010 at 2:09 AM

We are driving to the area for the new year celebrations,can anyone please give us (my lovely wife and I) where to go stay and visit.
      Thank You have a great day.

4 Answers Jan 6, 2011 at 11:39 AM
    • kids activities

by nermin.salah Online Now Oct 26, 2010 at 11:41 PM

I am currently applying for a short term post-doc visit to Germany , I plan to stay for 2 months in Tubingen (15-06-2011 to 15-08-2011) .
      I intend to bring my two children (10 years) and Ahmed (8.5 years) , they speak Arabic, English and very little German. I appreciate your help in the appropriate way to engage them in any sort of school/ summer activities / etc during the working hours.

1 Answer Oct 27, 2010 at 12:00 AM
    • seoulgirl's Profile Photo

Fasching parade

by seoulgirl Online Now Jan 27, 2008 at 8:32 AM

Hello. What are the dates for the Fasching parade this year? And what times?

4 Answers Jan 27, 2008 at 10:03 AM
    • sunset_gal's Profile Photo

Stuttgart to Tübingen

by sunset_gal Online Now Nov 17, 2006 at 7:26 AM

I will arrive at Stuttgart airport at about 1030 pm from a trip. I have to get to Tübingen and I dont think there are any more buses (no. 826) at that time. how much does it costs to take a cab to Lustnau at that time of the night and how long would it take? There are no trains right?

3 Answers Nov 23, 2006 at 6:07 PM

Tuebingen to Hahn Airport

by sunset_gal Online Now Oct 22, 2006 at 7:03 PM

I'm trying to get from Tuebingen to Hahn Airport. Which is the easiest/fastest way? The Hahn Express bus only starts from Heidelberg. If I take a train from Tuebingen to Heidelberg, is the pick up point for the Airport Express far from the train station?

Or is there an easier way?

4 Answers Oct 24, 2006 at 1:39 PM

Nice Places around Tuebingen / Stuttgart

by sunset_gal Online Now Sep 26, 2006 at 12:07 AM

Are there any cool towns (picturesque, etc) located around Tuebingen/Stuttgart? These towns should ideally be accessible by public transportation as I will not have access to a car. I plan to go during Sat or Sun, an ovenighter if it's further. Appreciate all suggestions.

7 Answers Sep 27, 2006 at 2:10 AM