Tucson

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Biosphere 2

by nmclaunch Online Now Mar 25, 2014 at 9:47 PM

do you need reservations to visit Biosphere 2?

2 Answers Mar 26, 2014 at 6:09 AM
    • DeniseP10's Profile Photo

help me I'm need to travel

by DeniseP10 Online Now Feb 19, 2014 at 4:40 PM

How can I get from mesa az to Winslow AZ asap. Shuttle? Greg hound only goes to flagstaff or Holbrook.

4 Answers Feb 20, 2014 at 7:43 AM
    • DeniseP10's Profile Photo

help me I'm need to travel

by DeniseP10 Online Now Feb 19, 2014 at 4:39 PM

How can I get from mesa az to Winslow AZ asap. Shuttle? Greg hound only goes to flagstaff or Holbrook.

• Motel near Tucson Airport where I can leave my car for 45 days?

by seaz Online Now Dec 15, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I've heard there are some motels near the airport that allow unlimited free parking as long as we spend one night there on either side of our extended trip.

4 Answers Dec 19, 2013 at 8:37 AM
    • Addison833's Profile Photo

Tuscon and area with a 17 month old

by Addison833 Online Now Apr 22, 2013 at 6:12 AM

We'll be traveling with our 17 month old daughter to Tucson, staying with family towards the end of May. We will also be staying for two nights in Sedona. We plan to drive around a lot and see the Grand Canyon, but I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for places to see with a toddler (give me strength!). It doesn't have to be kid-focused, but perhaps parks or areas where little toddlers can run around and let off steam. I'm just starting to do research about this trip now so am really open to any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance!

9 Answers Apr 24, 2013 at 1:23 AM
    • Northeast Tucson

by kjdoyle Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 8:39 AM

What are some of the best restaurants in the Northeast area of Tucson?

3 Answers Feb 27, 2013 at 9:09 PM
    • Daisylove's Profile Photo

Should I go Saguaro National Park if I do not intend to go on the trail or hike?

by Daisylove Online Now Feb 29, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Hi,

I am planning for my vacation. We will be at Albuquerque driving northeast towards Phoenix.

1. I am wondering if Tucson worth a day trip?
      2. Should I go to Saguaro National Park if I do not intend to go on the trail or hike. I have been to Joshua tree national park, no doubt it is amazing to see the hugh land full of Joshua trees... but after hours of driving in the park, we are overwhelmed. I am not sure if that would be the case for Saguaro National Park?
      3. Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix is in our plan. Should I go for both Saguaro National Park and Desert Botanical Garden? or just either one?

Hope to hear some thoughts and tips. Thank you.

5 Answers Mar 1, 2012 at 9:03 AM
    • Gillybob's Profile Photo

Hotel Recommendations

by Gillybob Online Now Oct 10, 2011 at 8:22 AM

Will be staying in Tucson for 3 nights in early November. I'll be arriving by Greyhound and am looking for hotel recommendations that will give me easy access to Tucson and its public transportation (don't drive so cars aren't possible).

I don't fancy Hotel Congress because of the potential for noise. I'd like to stay under US$100 a night. Armory Park B&B is a consideration. Something that might have it's own tour desk would be a plus as I would like to take a tour to Tombstone if I can fit it in.

On a side note, are there generally taxis to be found at the Greyhound depot when Greyhounds have arrived?

5 Answers Oct 11, 2011 at 6:09 AM
    • Motel close to Pima Air Musuem - good rate, reasonable pricing

by SueHesse Online Now May 27, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Can you recommend a motel close to Pima Air Musuem. Looking for a good clean motel for seniors - serves free breakfast with reasonable rates - swimming pool

1 Answer May 27, 2011 at 4:17 PM
    • forestcloughs's Profile Photo

Resort fees

by forestcloughs Online Now May 3, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Sorry for this low level question but does anyone know the resort fee for Dove Mountain?
      Thanks

1 Answer May 3, 2011 at 11:18 AM
    • Accomodations near nightlife

by tcbrown Online Now Apr 9, 2011 at 11:49 AM

Hi there--

My husband and I will be in Tucson in late July. We would like to stay in an area where there are several bars and restaurants within walking distance of a hotel/motel. We are from a college town so we enjoy those kind of hang outs. We don't require a 5 star hotel but would like a recommendation for some place that is clean and quiet. We will be there for a week. We will be attending a gathering at the Doubletree Hilton as well.

Thanks so much.

22 Answers Jul 27, 2011 at 11:45 AM
    • kerrytmartin's Profile Photo

Restaurants in Tucson

by kerrytmartin Online Now Mar 8, 2011 at 9:35 AM

Hi All

I am travelling with my mum and best friend to Tucson in April, staying for 4 nights arriving on a Sunday.

Can anyone suggest a place to eat, possibly fine dining / more up market than usual as its my best friends birthday and we will want to go out in the evening.

I would also be interested in any other restaurants/ bars or music location suggestions for going out on the other evenings

Thanks for any advice

Kez

5 Answers Mar 18, 2011 at 1:32 PM
    • forestcloughs's Profile Photo

westin la paloma or Loews ventana ???

by forestcloughs Online Now Jan 4, 2011 at 5:48 AM

Coming to Tucson early March for first time and have singled out the above two hotels - just by luck??

Prefer a place thats relaxed and not pretentious or very exoensive. Do either fit and which would be your choice?
      Any advice would be great. Thanks a lot.

3 Answers Jan 4, 2011 at 7:38 AM
    • Sabino Canyon

by milwaukeejo Online Now Jun 17, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Does anyone have contact information for a photographer or gallery that has photographer of Sabino Canyon available for purchase?

1 Answer Jun 17, 2010 at 4:52 PM
    • Tucson Nightlife

by KatyM Online Now Feb 21, 2010 at 5:27 PM

I'm coming over for a visit in two weeks (from the UK). I'm staying with a great friend and we want to have a really nice night out. We are not teenagers and we don't want to "pick up guys". We would like a quiet place where we can chat, with decent wine and maybe with some scenery or something else interesting about it, for a night out. Music is okay, as long as it isn't intrusive. My friend smokes and I don't. Security is important to us both, so we need a place where we feel safe.

Any suggestions?

Also, what is the situation with taxis (cabs) in Tucson? Are there regulated companies we can trust? My friend is dubious for some reason.

2 Answers Feb 22, 2010 at 4:25 PM
    • Gordon

by gordonjones Online Now Feb 9, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Where's the best place for snow play ie saucers etc for kids age 11,9,7,5 on Mt Lemmon?

2 Answers Feb 9, 2010 at 7:07 PM
    • 2giants's Profile Photo

La Posada Lodge

by 2giants Online Now Dec 2, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Has anyone stayed here recently? Is it safe and clean? I am finding mixed reviews online, but they all seem to be at least 1 year old! Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance for your help

2 Answers Dec 3, 2009 at 5:32 AM
    • seating at san xavier del bac mission church

by tcheltz00 Online Now Jun 21, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Does anyone know the maximum number of people the mission holds?
      Are people able to get married there?
      Thank you,
      tcheltz00

2 Answers Jun 22, 2009 at 9:06 AM
    • Sabino Canyon

by scable Online Now Mar 13, 2009 at 2:20 AM

Meeting several friends there for the first time. Is there a place where we can sit, have a coke and wait for all of us to arrive that's around the park: Sunrise Dr. and Sabino Canyon Road?

2 Answers Mar 13, 2009 at 11:10 AM
    • Catalina Mountain State Park

by markfell Online Now Feb 27, 2009 at 7:47 PM

What is the maximum length restriction for an RV at the park? I have a 40' fifth wheel.

1 Answer Feb 28, 2009 at 11:54 AM
    • Tom_In_Madison's Profile Photo

Safe for a day-trip to Nogales Mexico?

by Tom_In_Madison Online Now Jan 9, 2009 at 6:06 AM

I'm probably making it to Tucson in March. I was thinking of going across the border to Nogales Mexico for a day. I've heard of all the violence in Mexico and wasn't sure if Nogales is one of the cities that's best left unvisited? I'd only be there during the day, and possible stopping in a pharmacist to pick up some inexepensive drugs for my mom if that's still allowed.

5 Answers Jan 18, 2009 at 8:16 AM
    • kop-queen's Profile Photo

Tucson Airport layout and directions

by kop-queen Online Now Oct 13, 2008 at 4:40 PM

Its a few years since my last visit so I only have very vague recollections of the airport layout and remember missing our intended route as we drove away in our rental car. I'm on my own this time and it will have been a long day so the more knowledge I am armed with the better!

I will be arriving from Atlanta having cleared customs and immigration there so hopefully it will be a fairly simple process of collecting my bags and heading for the car rentals.

From memory it was a short walk to pick up the car (Dollar this time)and I thought the garaging was under cover but maybe it was just dark? Can anyone give me detailed driving details as I come out from the garaging? I will be heading east onto I10 towards Benson.

3 Answers Oct 13, 2008 at 8:47 PM
    • marlasimone4's Profile Photo

Neighborhoods in Tucson

by marlasimone4 Online Now Sep 7, 2008 at 2:46 AM

Hi, I've been living (on and off) in Tucson for the past two years and I still can't find a reasonable area to rent a house/apartment in. I'm a full-time grad student and work part-time and currently live in an 1 bed-room apartment in the central NW. I want to be very close to the University and would prefer to upgrade to 2 bedroom house or guest house near the University and in a safe area, but everything seems outrageously priced. For those long term residents, I'd appreciate any advice. Ideally, I'd love a large guest house in the Sam Hughes area, but they seem impossible to find (oh, and I want to live alone). If you have recommendations for other areas that are safe and close to the U, I'd appreciate the insight. Also, if you know of anyone renting a reasonable guesthouse or house that sounds right please let me know or pass the word. Thanks!!

Marla

2 Answers Sep 8, 2008 at 6:58 PM
    • fredcorcoran's Profile Photo

from santa fe to tucson

by fredcorcoran Online Now Jun 24, 2008 at 1:42 PM

im driving from santa fe nm to tucson early september and want to break my journey for one night but not sure where to go.if anyone has driven this route and has some advise on where to stay and things to see along the way i would appreciate the help

2 Answers Jun 25, 2008 at 12:32 AM
    • College Bound Child and AirFare Rates

by mseltzerclaudio Online Now May 31, 2008 at 1:35 PM

We will bringing our daughter to University of AZ in Tucson at the end of August, and I have not booked our flights yet. Does anyone have any experience with timing your travel booking for the best rate to Tucson?

8 Answers Jun 1, 2008 at 12:19 PM
    • San Javier del Bac

by mcleroy Online Now Apr 27, 2008 at 8:01 PM

What are the dates of the historical costume festival that I saw several years ago?

1 Answer Apr 28, 2008 at 7:50 AM
    • Areas near the UofA?

by cambridgegirl Online Now Apr 6, 2008 at 2:27 PM

I am going to be in Tucson for a month conducting research at the University... unfortunatley I have to go alone because my husband will be tied up at work!

Having never been there, and having never travelled as a single female, I was wondering what you guys would recommend as the best areas to live that are within walking distance to campus?

I have a lead on one property that is just west of the university, between the campus and fourth avenue - would this be considered a safe area?

Thank you!

1 Answer Apr 7, 2008 at 8:17 AM
    • 12 Months in Tucson

by a7fa7f Online Now Mar 2, 2008 at 11:55 PM

Hi everybody,

I’ll be moving with my family (Wife, 2 Childs (5 & 2 years)) sometime in the 3rd quarter 2008 to Tucson for 12 months assignment with IBM. It is my first time to US and would like to know what the best community/nigborhood to stay in. This includes, the distance to work, availability of schools, markets, restaurants and other major services. Also, what is the distance between Tucson downtown and IBM offices?

Thank you all

10 Answers Mar 28, 2008 at 3:59 PM
    • George L. Mountainlion's (#1) epitaph

by tipdover Online Now Feb 28, 2008 at 6:34 AM

Where can I find George L. Mountainlion's epitaph that was written on a huge vertical stone in the museum years ago? The words brought tears to my eyes and I would love to hear them again!

Thanks so much!
      Diana Preusser

3 Answers Apr 18, 2008 at 5:16 PM
    • un6abe3yah's Profile Photo

furnished apartment

by un6abe3yah Online Now Feb 15, 2008 at 12:48 PM

I will be arriving with my family (my husband, my son, and me) in tucson March 15. I will be going to The University of Arizona for a few months. I searched online for suitable furnished apartments that are affordable and close to the university but so far I couldn't find anything. If it's within walking distance to the campus, it's some kind of student housing and is not suitable for a family. If it is, it's faraway.
      Any suggestions??

5 Answers Feb 17, 2008 at 12:49 AM