Tucson Travel Answers

change location

Northeast Tucson

by kjdoyle Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 8:39 AM

What are some of the best restaurants in the Northeast area of Tucson?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: Northeast Tucson

by bocmaxima Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 8:45 AM

It partially depends on how you define the northeast. And what you consider "best". For instance, do you want good food, or do you also want a nice, upscale atmosphere? Or does atmosphere not matter?

But Gavi's on Sunrise at Kolb is very good. The Abbey, at that same intersection, is excellent. And I really like Harvest and Noble Hops in Oro Valley, provided you don't mind the drive. Beyond Bread also has a location at Ina/Oracle, and that's worth a visit while in Tucson.

The north and northeast side are plagued with mediocre to bad Mexican food so, for that, you'll have to venture further south.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • toddecus's Profile Photo

by toddecus Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 10:02 AM

It depends on how east you are talking, and how north you are. if you are in the ventana canyon area, I suggest coming west on Sunrise to Campbell and eating at Anthony's in the foothills (Very pricey but fantastic.) and the Firebirds restaurant across the way from Anthony's in the open air mall. On the other hand if you are in the more east than north area, then Pinnacle Peak is good family oriented fun, good steaks, and a bit of a tourist trap, but my family still loves to go there. If you want more Sushi then Sakura Teppan Steak & Sushi is THE place to go. Lute Olsen used to take the whole basketball team here on special occasions. It is literally across the street from Pinnacle Peak. The unfotunate reality is there isn't a lot of options if you go way east. Tucson generally counts on you to drive a bit for good dinner.

• chrislm's Profile Photo

by chrislm Online Now Feb 27, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Li'l Abner's is a steak house beyond compare anywhere in the west. It's about ten miles N to the left of the Interstate, just before Marana. Make a reservation, it's always busy. Full bar, absolutely unforgettable no matter where you sit. It's not inexpensive, but the steaks are done to perfection, cooked on the open mesquite grill in the patio, just as you order them, served with simple cowboy sides. I've been there only in February during the Gem and Mineral show for the past twenty years. Perhaps in other seasons it's not so busy, but I doubt it.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines