Trujillo Travel Answers

change location
halfromnm's Profile Photo

Wheelchair accessible travel?

by halfromnm Online Now Sep 16, 2007 at 11:41 AM

Greetings! My wife and I will be visiting Peru in early October. The complicating issue is my confinement to a wheelchair since having two major sugeries last year. I will be taking a small folding tavel wheelchair. Will it be possible to hire taxis to drive us btween cities? Are there any wheelchair accessible hotels and restaurants? We have engaged a tour company to show us Machu Picchu and Cuzco, then heat up the Noth coast to Chiclayo, Trujillo, and Sechin. We'd also like to see Chavin de Huantar, but can only afford a couple of days of expensive tour travel and have used those up on MP and Cuzco. Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • nhoolb's Profile Photo

Re: Wheelchair accessible travel?

by nhoolb Online Now Sep 16, 2007 at 11:49 AM

If you're really interested I could give you the address of a friend of ours who is running her travel agency now in Lima. Just email me here.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • halfromnm's Profile Photo

Re: Wheelchair accessible travel?

by halfromnm Online Now Dec 27, 2007 at 3:55 PM

We ended up staying at Hotel Golf in Trujillo and El Gran Hotel in Chiclayo. Both had wheelchair accessible rooms and good amenities. We would have preferred an interesting little out of the way place, but that may not be possible in a wheelchair. At least, not yet. We also made it to Chavin de Huantar with Apumayo Expediciones, and had a great time! We had to have the wheelchair carried in places at Machu Picchu and Chavin de Huantar, and somewhat at Cerro Sechin and Caral-Supe(because of sand). We had a great time, in spite of my mobility limitations!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines