change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Advice on which area to stay in

Mauritius Apr 23, 2015 at 2:33 AM

Hi all,
      I am currently planning a trip to Mauritius in November together with my girlfriend and I would appreciate some advice as to which area to stay in. We are primarily looking for a relax-holiday with the odd side-trip to Port Louis and some natural highlights (Black River, Ile aux Cerfs).
      I'm currently considering breaking up our 2 week holiday into 2 parts, spending a week in one area of the island and a week in another one. I am thinking about 1) Flic-en-flac/Wolmar area, 2) Grand Baie or Trou aux Biches and 3) Belle Mare / Trou d'eau douce area.

Basically I would like to spend one week in an area with some more 'action', where we would have the opportunity to eat out every night (rather than in the hotel restaurant(s)) and sample some local cuisine; then we'd spend one week in a quieter area in a resort just to relax.

So now my question is: does any area in Mauritius offer the combination of a nice beach with some options to eat out along the beachfront? Any particular resort that would qualify? Is wind something that I should take into account while choosing an area to stay in November?

Many thanks for your help!

more
    • Shopping in Mauritius

Mauritius Apr 21, 2015 at 10:24 AM

Hi, I want to know the best places to shop for brand clothing bargains / factory shops in Mauritius. we're visiting Mauritius within the next 2 weeks. Also, I'm interested in wool / cotton type of products, someone told me there are factory shops for those as well. Where can I go look for it?

more
    • how much dollars should I carry ???

Mauritius Apr 5, 2015 at 10:15 PM

Hi I ll be staying at mauritius for 7 days from tomorrow. My hotel provides me break fast and dinner.The cab facility for local travel is also already paid for. I would have to pay for my lunch and I m also planning to go for some water sports available there. I would like to do a little shopping as well. How much money should I carry?? Is it better to carry Mauritian rupee or USD?

more
    • How much does site seeing costs in mauritius ?

Mauritius Apr 8, 2015 at 7:06 PM

Can any please tell me how much does local site seeing costs, I looking for traveling to good places in Mauritius. If I hire a cab for local site seeing how will the tour cost ?

more