Travel Answers
Tropea

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Close to Vineyards, Beach, and open Food Market?

Sardegna 6 hours ago

We would like to rent a house for a month or two in Sardinia next summer. I would love to walk to Beach, get to know about Sardinian Wine and buy local seasonal ingredients from Open Market and cook every day. Is it possible to find a house where I can do all of these things?

We want 3 or 4 bedroom near a beach in a little town. We are family of 4 (2 year old and 5 year old) It would be nice to have few local stores / markets and restaurants but doesn't have to be a big town. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

more
    • aussolo's Profile Photo

path of the gods hike

Agerola Dec 4, 2014 at 10:37 PM

Hello all,

I wanted to send a thank you note to the owners of the Kiosk of the Path of the Gods, does anyone know where to send it.

thank you, Aussolo

more
    • Coach Transport

Tremezzo Dec 11, 2014 at 1:54 AM

We are trying to book a mini bus/coach to take our guests from the hotel to a restaurant the day before our wedding. The journey is only 2.5km or 5 minutes but I just wondered if anyone has any contacts or can put us in touch with anyone that can help?

more
    • Mountain biking this December

Torbole Nov 22, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Hi all. Does anyone know how safe it is to mountain bike in and around Lake Garda and Torbole in Dec? My son will be traveling there with the express desire to mountain bike. I worry that he won't be able to hire a guide and therefore bike alone on trails he knows nothing about in a country where he knows no one.

He has already secured a bike but I visualize mountains covered with ice and snow and unmarked areas with huge drop offs! Yes, I am mom!

Thanks all!!

more
    • Opera or Opera school recitals in Rome?

Rome Dec 11, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Last April one of the highlights of our trip to Venice et al, was an evening concert / recital at Scuolo Grande Giovanni Evangelista. It was a couple hours of "The Greatest Hits" that is, popular arias by well trained Soprano, Tenor, and Baritone artists.
      Beautiful venue and the ticket wasn't more than 30 Euro (maybe considerably less) + BTW.

We'd like to enjoy something similar when we visit Rome in April.

I'm not what you'd call a big Opera fan - That is, I don't think I could tolerate a complete performance of ANY of the classic but, I'd certainly enjoy another evening of highlights.

Suggestions?

more
    • janetanne's Profile Photo

Renting a flat by the year

San Vincenzo Dec 1, 2014 at 4:55 AM

Does anyone know how one could find an apartment to rent by the year in San Vincenzo? Are there any VT members living in this area or nearby? Thank you.

more
    • club and bars inquiry

Florence Nov 24, 2014 at 2:54 PM

are there any bars or clubs that play hip hop and r&b or commercial pop if so what are they called?

more
    • trams in milan

Milan Nov 23, 2014 at 9:16 AM

does the number 15 tram stop outside either milan central station or cordona station? or could you please tell me how far the closest stop to either of these stations is, and hoe much does the tram cost to bocconi area
      thanks

shell

more
    • soniamcc's Profile Photo

Markets and restaurants

Praiano Dec 7, 2014 at 6:42 AM

I'm planning a trip for 3 couples to Italy...want to be away from the busy positano. Is Praiano a good place? Are there markets and restaurants?

more
    • Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

How much and how long - a taxi from airport to Star Hotel President?

Genoa Dec 2, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Just as above - i have found the airport website

airport.genova.it/v2/index.p...

but cannot spot taxi information, in terms of cost or journey time. Anyone know ? Or am I just having an episode and the information is on the website ? thanks !!

more
    • Christmas Day

Rome Dec 18, 2014 at 11:24 PM

Hello, we are a family of 4(2 adults and 2 teenagers), we will spend our Christmas vacation in Italy(Rome 4 days- Florence 2 days and venice 2 days). Do you have any suggestion for 24 and 25 december in Rome and around>
      Thanks

more
    • ylcard's Profile Photo

Cost of data only SIM cards

Rome Dec 16, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Hello again!
      This time I need help with some numbers, specifically regarding the TCO of a (preferrably) data only sim card. Last time I bought a sim card for about 30€ and it included a hefty amount of 19GB of data, IIRC. I don't need 19GB, that was a huge mistake on my part, but oh well.

Thing is, the tariffs are confusing and they also don't tell the whole story, or rather - the price.. so when it says it costs X, it doesn't tell you that you also have to actually pay for the SIM, in addition to what the "package" costs you.

Since the Italian websites do not offer an English version (or in fact, any other language) it's even more difficult for me to understand how much would it cost me.

Obviously I did search Google, but many of the results are years old and may no longer be actual.

Will a kind soul go through the carriers with me and help me figure out the TCO of the SIM cards? I'm positive it will be very useful for everyone else, too!

more
    • Cabs in Milan

Milan Nov 30, 2014 at 4:40 AM

Hello, we are student travelers who will be traveling to Milan shortly.
      We are hoping to hail a cab from Duomo to San Siro stadium, and we would like to know how much time and money would be spent on the round trip. We would be delighted to get an answer back.
      Thanks!

more
    • MATALON's Profile Photo

Expo 2015 - Travel guide

Milano Nov 21, 2014 at 9:10 AM

I can not find any forum or travel guid for the international EXPO (open May 2015 in Milan.Would be happy to find useful information beside the official site of the Expo - Thanks

more
    • Amalfi Coast Tours - Suggestions

Positano Dec 9, 2014 at 7:52 AM

Me and my wife are planning a trip to Positano and we would like to take few tours around the area and I was wondering if any one can help me out by giving some info in regards taking tours on the Amalfi Coast. Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks

more
    • Venice and day trips

Venice Dec 2, 2014 at 3:30 AM

I'm going to Venice for my birthday in february (2 days after the carnival ends). This is going to be my second time in Venice. I booked the same hotel there.

As I love the city, this time I want to explore also more of the Veneto places. I have only 3.5 days. I'm not that into museums or churches, I like to explore beautiful cities with nice views and good atmosphere. Where do you recommend me to go?

I thought for the first day to take a train to Verona. The second day train to Cittadella, Vicenza and Bassano del grappa (is it doable all 3 in the same day??) the third day to Padova and more of venice and the forth day again Venice. Is that a good plan? Should I go to other places instead? I wish I could go to the dolmitie mountains or lake garda but it's too far and not the season (not into doing ski) so maybe next time...

Also, in Venice I really liked the 3 islands, especially burano so I'll go there again, but I've never been to Lido. Should I go just to see it or not because it's off the season?? do you have any other suggestions for places to go for someone who was in Venice? I did the Doge's palace tour, I went into the tower to see the view and the basilica, even a bit at the local island (Juduca I think is the name?)

Thanks for any help! :)

more
    • Will all shops in Venice be closed on 25 & 26th Dec?

Venice Nov 26, 2014 at 7:15 AM

Hi, I want to go to Venice during Xmas. However, I wonder whether all shops in Venice will be closed on 25 & 26th Dec?

more
    • agathi's Profile Photo

Printing of theatre tickets

Rome Dec 9, 2014 at 3:26 PM

My dear friends I am back with questions about Rome. Actually we have booked online tickets for the teatro dell' opera and I have chosen to print at home the tickets. I would mostly appreciate if someone who speaks italian could tell me if the following info they sent me with the confirmation e-mail asks for sth. more than to do a simple printing of the pdf form of the tickets. Thank you very much.
      Verifica nella tua area riservata del sito lo stato degli acquisti
      La scelta della modalita` d`acquisto attraverso la funzione "Stampa a casa" (stampa del biglietto a cura dell`acquirente, direttamente da casa) comporta l`accettazione da parte dell`acquirente delle seguenti regole:

- Il titolo d`accesso, inviato sotto forma di file PDF, allegato alla presente email, deve essere stampato a cura dell`acquirente;
      - E` fatto obbligo all`acquirente di assicurarsi che la stampa prodotta sia di buona qualita`;
      - E` possibile salvare il/i file e procedere successivamente alla stampa;
      - La stampa prodotta rappresentera` l`unico titolo valido d`accesso per lo spettacolo e pertanto dovra` essere necessariamente presentato integro al controllo accessi dell`impianto.Sino al giorno dell`evento i titoli di accesso saranno disponibili per il download e la stampa nella tua area riservata del sito.

TI RICORDIAMO CHE, COME SPECIFICATO NELLE CONDIZIONI D`ACQUISTO ACCETTATE, PER I TITOLI ACQUISTATI CON MODALITA` STAMPA A CASA NON E` MAI CONSENTITO IL CAMBIO UTILIZZATORE.
      Ti ringraziamo per averci scelto e arrivederci per un nuovo acquisto.

more
    • John3554's Profile Photo

Best transport from Marco Polo Airport?

Italy Dec 4, 2014 at 12:56 AM

My wife and I will be flying into Marco Polo Airport but staying in a small apartment near the Frari Church. Looks like we could make that trip either by road (taxi or bus?) or water taxi. Any suggestions regarding best option? Thank you.

more
    • How about traveling to Venice for the Carnival 2015 with two kids (2 & 4)

Venice Dec 1, 2014 at 7:18 AM

Hello there!

I'm wondering if it is wise to visit Venice during the next Carnival for 2015 with two little kids (ages 2 & 4).
      I'm looking apartments with Airbnb. Is out there a better solution? I imagine hotels are very expensive in those days.

Do you have a good web to learn everything important related to the Carnival in Venice?

Thanks a lot!

Jose

more
    • A day trip from Rome

Cassino Nov 27, 2014 at 12:51 AM

We are wanting to do a day trip from Rome to Cassino to visit a family members grave at the Commonwealth cemetary and to also see the monastery. Can someone help with the best way to do this either independently or a tour.

more
    • Maurizioago's Profile Photo

Palatine for disabled.

Rome Dec 14, 2014 at 12:25 PM

My mother has some mobility problems. Do you think it would be easy to go up the Palatinus for her. I have never been there, but I wish to do that.

Another question about that place. How long should I spend there for a proper visit?

more
    • annienvb's Profile Photo

Florence hotel

Florence Dec 3, 2014 at 7:29 AM

My husband and I will be in Florence, Italy for three nights, including New Year Eve. What hotel would you recommend where we can walk to most things and enjoy the festivities? Thank you!

more
    • electric wheelchair

Rome Dec 12, 2014 at 5:26 AM

my wife use standard electric wheelchair we like to travel in rome for 5 night take train from rome to florence
      ttay in florence 4 night and take train from florence to rome airport my Q is is it ok to move in electric wheelchair
      in rome and forence is tere are trains from florence to rome airport?thanks

more
    • Transit Visa.

Italy Nov 24, 2014 at 6:10 AM

Hi,am a cameroonian national residing in Italy with an Italian resident permit.I intend travellieng to Ghana(Accra) on the
      04 Dec 2014 with BA. My flight departure is scheduled at 11:20am from Malpensa(Milano) and landing LHR at 12:20pm
      terminal 5 and will transit throughTerminal for my next connecting fligth to Accra (Terminal 5) still wit BA which is scheduled at 1:50pm . Do i need a transit visa ,go through Border Control desk or immigration before proceeding
      with my journey ????

Thanks.

more
    • Bellarussa's Profile Photo

Tropea to Taormina.

by Bellarussa Online Now Jun 25, 2014 at 8:36 AM

Ciao everyone! We are going to visit Tropea and Taormina in September. I know there is the train from Calabria to Sicily but wonder if there is a way to go by the boat? Like a water taxi or sightseeing boat? Also we are debating if to rent the car for the whole trip or locally if we will want to go places. Maybe taxis is safer and cheaper? Thank you in advance.

7 Answers Jun 26, 2014 at 1:27 PM
    • moscit's Profile Photo

Restaurants in Tropea

by moscit Online Now Jun 19, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Wondering if anyone can recommend any restaurants in town or in some towns north of Tropea.

Thanks,
      Mark

6 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 1:01 PM
    • Taxis in tropea

by LeiaE Online Now Jun 10, 2014 at 1:04 AM

How much do around town taxis cost in tropea and what are some companies numbers?

3 Answers Jun 10, 2014 at 12:00 PM
    • Tropea Italy and surrounds

by sharonburnell Online Now May 21, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Hi, we shall be in Tropea for 6 days in early July.
      How far away is the ferry to Sicily from Tropea, and what is the best way to do sicily day trips?
      What other seaside / inland towns do you suggest we visit?
      Are the Aeolian island trips a long boat trip from Tropea or not?
      Many thanks, Sharon :)

3 Answers May 22, 2014 at 2:52 AM
    • Boat to Stromboli

by Harrieopreis Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 1:30 AM

We want to travel from Tropea to Stroboli 29 or 30 may / 1 june.
      Are their ferry or other direct boat services to Stroboli?
      Do the excursion boats take one-way travelers?

4 Answers Jun 20, 2014 at 12:19 PM
    • Airport Transfer

by tcoleman1980 Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Hi

I am heading to Tropea next week and was hoping for some advice on getting there from Lamezia airport.

I land at around 19:30pm and as far as I can tell, my only option at that time will be to get a taxi (I will not be hiring a car for my trip). I have been given a quote of 70 Euro with a pre-book taxi service but have no idea if this is a fair price or whether I will be better off just finding one at the taxi rank at the terminal.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

2 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    • Car service

by roberthomson Online Now Sep 13, 2013 at 7:32 AM

We had a problem and now are not driving. We will need a car and driver to get from Tropea to Matera. What service can we use?

• Stede's Profile Photo

Tropea travel

by Stede Online Now Jan 17, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Is it possible to catch a ferry/hydrofoil, or train from Tropea, (or some where close by) to Sorrento (or some where close by?) We would like to leave Tropea and travel to the Amalfi coast area. So far our best option appears to be to fly from Lamezia,Terme to Naples, and then travel on the hydrofoils from there.

3 Answers Jan 18, 2013 at 3:15 AM
    • Tropea Hotels

by Venezia11 Online Now Jun 14, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Hello - I will be in Tropea on the 21st and 22nd of July....yes, I know, it is late ; Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel or bed and breakfast. So far, I have Villa Giada and La Porta del Mare as possibilities.... Thanks much!

2 Answers Jun 30, 2009 at 4:51 AM
    • travelnut71's Profile Photo

Besides the beach and cafes, what is there to do in this area?

by travelnut71 Online Now Mar 10, 2009 at 1:55 PM

I was there a while ago in July and besides the beach and visiting local towns, what activities, nature, famous things can we see in the area? For example Rome and Florence is full of attractions, I am not expecting that much but I need to justify my drive from Rome to Calabria with something worth to see and do. As for beaches, when I was there one July we couldn't even go to the beach even though the hotel took us because the tide was too strong.. what to do then? Thanks.

2 Answers Apr 17, 2009 at 8:57 AM
    • Any chance of nudist bathing in / close to Tropea?

by SavaMatkovitch Online Now Aug 23, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Hi there,
      I dislike using swimwear - so I am wondering about my chances of naked bathing in Tropea and is's surroundings?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

• Is it common to pay 30% of hotel fee in advance?

by SavaMatkovitch Online Now Aug 20, 2008 at 3:20 AM

Hi there,
      I am planning to book a hotel in Tropea. It is my first time I do not use travel agency to do it for me and I am a bit suprised by their requierement to pay 30% in advance when booking and rest after arrival. Is this normal and safe? Should I pay special attention to anything when booking hotel myself?
      Thank you very much for answer, Sava Matkovitch.

4 Answers Apr 16, 2009 at 4:22 AM
    • Train from reggio calabria airport

by dorianneT Online Now Aug 10, 2007 at 12:26 PM

how can i arrive to tropea when coming from reggio calabria airport please are there any trains at the airport or buses that lead me to tropea??

1 Answer Aug 11, 2007 at 9:34 AM
    • Budget Accommodation in Tropea

by jasminedew19 Online Now May 29, 2007 at 10:06 PM

Hi,

I'd like to spend anywhere from 3-5 days in Tropea at the end of August. I know this is high season, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any budget accommodation? I've tried searching on the internet and the cheapest I can find is close to 100 euros a night. Are there also budget alternatives for backpackers? I'm still a student, and I am not fussy about comfort or a nice room. I'm happy with basic accommodation, all I'd like is a bed and place to shower. Someone once told me about the possibility of staying in convents for cheap - is this possible?

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much,
      Jasmine

3 Answers Mar 10, 2009 at 1:53 PM
    • tropea vs taormina for language school

by jasminedew19 Online Now May 8, 2007 at 8:49 AM

Hi
      I'm currently trying to decide between spending 2 weeks in either Tropea or in Taormina to take some Italian courses. I will be travelling solo and am in my late 20s. Would anyone who has been to both places be able to offer an opinion on how the two locations are different and what kind of experience I'd have in one over the other? Would one be more fun? (night-life, things to do, energy in the town, friendliness of the locals, where do more young people tend to go to travel, etc.)

Thanks very much!
      Jasmine

7 Answers May 21, 2007 at 4:43 PM
    • Tropea Language School

by ababroad Online Now Aug 3, 2006 at 3:32 AM

We will be in Tropea in September and I would like to do a language course. Can anyone recommend a good school? I have a basic language skill but would like to improve my knowledge.
      AB

4 Answers Nov 30, 2006 at 12:21 AM
    • What's to do?

by ababroad Online Now Aug 1, 2006 at 5:10 AM

My partner & I are spending a week in Tropea,Italy where I hope to enroll in a language school to brush up my Italian. What else is there to do in the afternoons seing as I will be at school every morning until 13:00?
      Any clues on dining out or good places to eat would also be appreciated?
      Cheers\AB

2 Answers Aug 1, 2006 at 10:25 AM
    • night life

by dbod Online Now May 30, 2006 at 8:20 PM

hi there, we are considering going to tropea for 3 nights in aug. is there good night life here?

1 Answer Jun 3, 2006 at 12:12 PM
    • kjeeri's Profile Photo

Searching tips for accomodation in Tropea

by kjeeri Online Now Apr 2, 2006 at 6:49 AM

Hi! We are a norwegian couple going to Tropea the first week in july.
      Is there anybody out there who have some suggestions for a place to stay?

If possible we will like to rent a apartment with our own terrace with seaview, or maybe a hotel which is not too expencive.
      Looking forward to hear from you!

Kind regards, Kjersti

2 Answers Apr 6, 2006 at 5:49 AM
    • Travelling to Tropea

by ShaneL Online Now Mar 11, 2004 at 5:59 PM

Hi, me and my girlfriend are doing a trip around Europe and will be getting to Reggio Di Calabria around June, 06' (yeah we are planning well ahead of time) Our questions are: 1. What is the best way to travel to Tropea from Reggio Di Calabria? (I know planes and trains are the answer, im looking for a website with travel prices and information for these actual trains or planes.) 2. I know relaxing on the beach and enjoying the scenery is the best thing to do during the day in Tropea, but at night what is fun? Thanks for your help, please feel free to email me the answer at shane_lynch79@hotmail.com Thank you.

1 Answer Apr 23, 2004 at 8:20 AM