Tropea

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Boat to Stromboli

by Harrieopreis Online Now Feb 7, 2014 at 1:30 AM

We want to travel from Tropea to Stroboli 29 or 30 may / 1 june.
      Are their ferry or other direct boat services to Stroboli?
      Do the excursion boats take one-way travelers?

2 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 3:00 PM
    • Airport Transfer

by tcoleman1980 Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Hi

I am heading to Tropea next week and was hoping for some advice on getting there from Lamezia airport.

I land at around 19:30pm and as far as I can tell, my only option at that time will be to get a taxi (I will not be hiring a car for my trip). I have been given a quote of 70 Euro with a pre-book taxi service but have no idea if this is a fair price or whether I will be better off just finding one at the taxi rank at the terminal.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

2 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    • Car service

by roberthomson Online Now Sep 13, 2013 at 7:32 AM

We had a problem and now are not driving. We will need a car and driver to get from Tropea to Matera. What service can we use?

• Stede's Profile Photo

Tropea travel

by Stede Online Now Jan 17, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Is it possible to catch a ferry/hydrofoil, or train from Tropea, (or some where close by) to Sorrento (or some where close by?) We would like to leave Tropea and travel to the Amalfi coast area. So far our best option appears to be to fly from Lamezia,Terme to Naples, and then travel on the hydrofoils from there.

3 Answers Jan 18, 2013 at 3:15 AM
    • Tropea Hotels

by Venezia11 Online Now Jun 14, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Hello - I will be in Tropea on the 21st and 22nd of July....yes, I know, it is late ; Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel or bed and breakfast. So far, I have Villa Giada and La Porta del Mare as possibilities.... Thanks much!

2 Answers Jun 30, 2009 at 4:51 AM
    • travelnut71's Profile Photo

Besides the beach and cafes, what is there to do in this area?

by travelnut71 Online Now Mar 10, 2009 at 1:55 PM

I was there a while ago in July and besides the beach and visiting local towns, what activities, nature, famous things can we see in the area? For example Rome and Florence is full of attractions, I am not expecting that much but I need to justify my drive from Rome to Calabria with something worth to see and do. As for beaches, when I was there one July we couldn't even go to the beach even though the hotel took us because the tide was too strong.. what to do then? Thanks.

2 Answers Apr 17, 2009 at 8:57 AM
    • Any chance of nudist bathing in / close to Tropea?

by SavaMatkovitch Online Now Aug 23, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Hi there,
      I dislike using swimwear - so I am wondering about my chances of naked bathing in Tropea and is's surroundings?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

• Is it common to pay 30% of hotel fee in advance?

by SavaMatkovitch Online Now Aug 20, 2008 at 3:20 AM

Hi there,
      I am planning to book a hotel in Tropea. It is my first time I do not use travel agency to do it for me and I am a bit suprised by their requierement to pay 30% in advance when booking and rest after arrival. Is this normal and safe? Should I pay special attention to anything when booking hotel myself?
      Thank you very much for answer, Sava Matkovitch.

4 Answers Apr 16, 2009 at 4:22 AM
    • Train from reggio calabria airport

by dorianneT Online Now Aug 10, 2007 at 12:26 PM

how can i arrive to tropea when coming from reggio calabria airport please are there any trains at the airport or buses that lead me to tropea??

1 Answer Aug 11, 2007 at 9:34 AM
    • Budget Accommodation in Tropea

by jasminedew19 Online Now May 29, 2007 at 10:06 PM

Hi,

I'd like to spend anywhere from 3-5 days in Tropea at the end of August. I know this is high season, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any budget accommodation? I've tried searching on the internet and the cheapest I can find is close to 100 euros a night. Are there also budget alternatives for backpackers? I'm still a student, and I am not fussy about comfort or a nice room. I'm happy with basic accommodation, all I'd like is a bed and place to shower. Someone once told me about the possibility of staying in convents for cheap - is this possible?

Any suggestions?

Thanks very much,
      Jasmine

3 Answers Mar 10, 2009 at 1:53 PM
    • tropea vs taormina for language school

by jasminedew19 Online Now May 8, 2007 at 8:49 AM

Hi
      I'm currently trying to decide between spending 2 weeks in either Tropea or in Taormina to take some Italian courses. I will be travelling solo and am in my late 20s. Would anyone who has been to both places be able to offer an opinion on how the two locations are different and what kind of experience I'd have in one over the other? Would one be more fun? (night-life, things to do, energy in the town, friendliness of the locals, where do more young people tend to go to travel, etc.)

Thanks very much!
      Jasmine

7 Answers May 21, 2007 at 4:43 PM
    • Tropea Language School

by ababroad Online Now Aug 3, 2006 at 3:32 AM

We will be in Tropea in September and I would like to do a language course. Can anyone recommend a good school? I have a basic language skill but would like to improve my knowledge.
      AB

4 Answers Nov 30, 2006 at 12:21 AM
    • What's to do?

by ababroad Online Now Aug 1, 2006 at 5:10 AM

My partner & I are spending a week in Tropea,Italy where I hope to enroll in a language school to brush up my Italian. What else is there to do in the afternoons seing as I will be at school every morning until 13:00?
      Any clues on dining out or good places to eat would also be appreciated?
      Cheers\AB

2 Answers Aug 1, 2006 at 10:25 AM
    • night life

by dbod Online Now May 30, 2006 at 8:20 PM

hi there, we are considering going to tropea for 3 nights in aug. is there good night life here?

1 Answer Jun 3, 2006 at 12:12 PM
    • kjeeri's Profile Photo

Searching tips for accomodation in Tropea

by kjeeri Online Now Apr 2, 2006 at 6:49 AM

Hi! We are a norwegian couple going to Tropea the first week in july.
      Is there anybody out there who have some suggestions for a place to stay?

If possible we will like to rent a apartment with our own terrace with seaview, or maybe a hotel which is not too expencive.
      Looking forward to hear from you!

Kind regards, Kjersti

2 Answers Apr 6, 2006 at 5:49 AM
    • Travelling to Tropea

by ShaneL Online Now Mar 11, 2004 at 5:59 PM

Hi, me and my girlfriend are doing a trip around Europe and will be getting to Reggio Di Calabria around June, 06' (yeah we are planning well ahead of time) Our questions are: 1. What is the best way to travel to Tropea from Reggio Di Calabria? (I know planes and trains are the answer, im looking for a website with travel prices and information for these actual trains or planes.) 2. I know relaxing on the beach and enjoying the scenery is the best thing to do during the day in Tropea, but at night what is fun? Thanks for your help, please feel free to email me the answer at shane_lynch79@hotmail.com Thank you.

1 Answer Apr 23, 2004 at 8:20 AM