Troodos Travel Answers

change location

3 day hike/walk in the Troodos area: questions

by MedMen Online Now May 5, 2011 at 1:47 AM

Good day

I intend to do a 2.5/3 day rural vacation combined with hikes in the area. In late May we will be ready to start at about Mid day of “day 1” and should be at Larnaca at the evening of “Day 4”. Ideally our trip should include:

Only walking, apart from getting to/from start/end points (obviously we would prefer to spend as much time in the mountains and not walking for hours in the plains: this means we should end the trip somewhere from where we can catch a taxi to Larnaca).

Walking through as much forests/shaded areas as possible.

More linear trails, less circular ones. The best would be a series of linear trails starting/ending in different villages. Obviously there should be a lodging solution in these villages. I know that Paltres village offers several places to stay, but as for the more remote/small villages I cannot tell.

Would appreciate if anyone can think of, in general terms, an appropriate route. I’ve seen on the Cypriot tourist board’s web site some suggestions, including the E4 trail. The main obstacle is the overnight stays as I am not sure which village offers rooms for rest, places to eat etc.

We are rather trained hikers and can find our way, read maps and navigate well.

All the best

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines