Tromsø Travel Answers

change location

Travel money

by Sandynic Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Hi,

I'm going to Tromso for 3 days in hope to see the northern lights. I realise it varies greatly depending on what activities we decide to do, but can anyone give a rough guide on how much money to bring with me?

Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • akkipaa's Profile Photo

Re: Travel money

by akkipaa Online Now Jan 28, 2013 at 10:44 PM

You don't say in your profile where are you coming. That's needed to explain the proice shock you are getting. Have you booked your accomodation in advance. Before we can answer, please, give some itinary about your plans. I just checked the consumer-indexes and the Trondheim index was 189 (there was no Tromso total index in my source). Restaurant index in Tromso was 200 (and the comparation indexes was to N.Y.C's 100).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • KakapoTheParrot's Profile Photo

by KakapoTheParrot Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 4:01 AM

We spent two weeks in Norway on holiday. It was the most expensive place I've ever been to. If you have your accommodation booked a lot will depend on whether you have a main meal included. Eating out is very expensive and generally you're better off not drinking alcohol. I worked with a couple of Norwegian guys in the UK. They rejoiced at the price of beer here whilst we moaned that the price had gone up again.

• akkipaa's Profile Photo

by akkipaa Online Now Jan 29, 2013 at 4:25 AM

Yeah, what our Parrot says I can agree as I earlier told. Norway is on top in consumer-price index with 151 (GB=100, US=83, FIN=99,69 :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines