Troms Region

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• taxi at tromso airport

Tromsø Dec 14, 2014 at 2:22 AM

Does anyone know the approx cost of a taxi from the airport to Clsrion Collection hotel for four with suitcases. Do u have to book or are they freely available. Thanks

more

Popular Troms Region Travel Answer Locations

• taxi at tromso airport

Tromsø Dec 14, 2014 at 2:22 AM

Does anyone know the approx cost of a taxi from the airport to Clsrion Collection hotel for four with suitcases. Do u have to book or are they freely available. Thanks

1 Answer Dec 14, 2014 at 3:07 AM
    • Driving from Tromso to Lofoten in October

Tromsø Jul 14, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Hi all I am planning a trip to Tromso and Lofoten between October 24th and October 30th and I will be driving from Tromso to Lofoten Islands and back what are the road conditions like at this time of year and how long do you think this drive will take? Any help is greatly appreciated
      Paul Donaldson

3 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 7:10 AM
    • Dark skin wants to know if it is okay to travel in Norway (Tromso)

Tromsø Jun 16, 2014 at 8:44 AM

No offence to anyone but as I am dark skin and there is a lot of racism episodes going on in Europe lately I always make sure I collect some information about the subject before I travel to places. Is there any area I should avoid? Am I going to be okay travelling around Norway?

5 Answers Jun 18, 2014 at 11:11 PM
    • Tromso airport bus

Tromsø Jun 3, 2014 at 1:37 PM

Hi. Can you tell me where the bus stops are for the 40 and 42 buses from Tromso airport? Do they run late enough to meet the 23.55 flight from Oslo?
      Thanks.
      Joan

• How to see reindeers in Kvaloya in July

Kvaløya Apr 4, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Hi, I am going to Tromos in July and would like to visit Kavaloya to try catch a glimpse of the reindeers. Like Kezza, I won't be driving and rely on local transport /buses. What do you suggest is the best way to travel, if I take a bus, wher should I get down. Also, is theer a website for bus routes and timings.. I can't find one. Any sggestion would be helpful. Thanks.

• Weather in tromso and kirkenes

Tromsø Feb 22, 2014 at 9:14 AM

What is the mid March temperature here and kirkenes

2 Answers Feb 22, 2014 at 12:00 PM
    • driving distances

Tromsø Feb 6, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Is it possible to drive from Tromso to Trondheim airport in 5 l/2 days? We are taking the ferry from Trondheim to Tromso and are interested in driving back on the inland road. Will this be too rushed and will we be able to stop and do some hiking. We will be traveling at the end of July.

2 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 12:51 AM
    • Getting to Kvaløya from Tromso

Tromsø Feb 6, 2014 at 4:55 AM

Can anyone recommend the best way to travel to Kvaløya from Tromso. I've seen a bus route but is there much to see close to the bus stop? I'm not sure how confident I am to drive in Tromso. I am going in March for 4 days, is getting a car a good idea?
      Any advice would be much apprecaited :)
      My first time to Norway and I'm very excited!

3 Answers Apr 4, 2014 at 9:57 AM
    • Clothing - Trips - Restaurants -Bars

Tromsø Feb 4, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Can anyone tell me what clothing to wear in the day/evening in Tromso and also going chasing the Northern Lights please? We are going 8th Feb - 11th Feb 2014. We also want to do dog sledging & the snow mobile. Does anyone know if the restaurants serve meat, fish & chicken (cooked) as my husband eats meat & I only eat fish or chicken. Veg/salad also OK. Thanks.

2 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 9:56 AM
    • allisrelative's Profile Photo

Where to stay in Tromsø for free?

Tromsø Jan 13, 2014 at 5:12 AM

Hello I'm coming to Tromsø at the end of the month, january 29, and I don't know were I can sleep for free if that is possible of course. please help! thank you!

4 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 12:49 AM
    • Kiki84's Profile Photo

Trip Itinerary - 5 nights in Tromso in Feb/March or 3 nights in Tromso / 3 nights in Lofoten?

Tromsø Jan 2, 2014 at 11:07 PM

Hi all,

I am hoping to get your opinion for a trip I am planning in Feb/March. I have two options and would love to hear your views on which you think is more suitable. I'm looking to book this in the next couple of days whilst there's still some availability on tours.

Option one:
      Return flights from UK to Tromso with 5 nights spent in self-catering accommodation. Activities: Northern Lights tours (have managed to find a few recommended companies with availability), Husky sledding and general city exploring.

Option two:
      Flight to Tromso from UK with 3 nights in Tromso (same above activities)
      Overnight hurtigruten to Svolvaer - 3 nights in Svolvaer
      I'm not fully sure where is best to stay in Lofoten and what activities there are so any advice on that would be great.

Thanks!

5 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 12:49 AM
    • Sedgwick8641's Profile Photo

transportation

Tromsø Jan 2, 2014 at 3:48 PM

how easy is it to get transport to other areas outside tromso and is the transport expensive ?

1 Answer Jan 3, 2014 at 1:18 AM
    • Northern Lights fotos

Tromsø Dec 11, 2013 at 7:03 AM

We are planning on going to Tromso for seeing the NL. We are NOT good and dedicated fotographers, on our "normal" trips we just take simple fotos as a souvenir with a simple digital camera. So, when (and if) we are going to see the Lights, we'll probably just want to look, and stare, and look more ... However, a few fotos would be nice to have this documented!
      Can anybody advise us with what kind of camera we can get by without spending a fortune on equipment and weeks of learning?
      Thanks a lot!

3 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 2:34 PM
    • Clothes, again!

Tromsø Nov 27, 2013 at 11:45 AM

We are going to Tromso in the end of february / beginning of march. We live in Spain and never make it further north tan Hamburg, so we probably have to face buying a lot of warm clothing we'll never need again! Having learnt that most of the businesses that take tourists on "Northern Light Chases" provide extra warm clothes & even boots, there remains the question:
      What do people wear for just walking around in the city? Or, for taking a bus to somewhere else, or a ferry ... etc etc. For instance. are warm shoes with warm socks enough, or does it have to be moon boots? Pants, coats?
      I'd be really grateful for some advice!
      Thanks Angelaibiza

3 Answers Nov 28, 2013 at 4:25 AM
    • chase northern lights by car

Tromsø Oct 2, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Hi everybody, I'm going to Tromso this winter and I was wondering if it's possible to chase the northern lights by car. I'm going a programmed tour one night, but I'd like to try to catch the aurora borealis on my own, using a rented car. Is it safe or may I have some problems such as battery freezing?

4 Answers Oct 29, 2013 at 4:47 PM
    • vinchile's Profile Photo

Tromso-2 nights or 3 nights?!

Tromsø Sep 18, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Hi, I'm trying to figure out if I should spend 2 nights in Tromso and 2 nights in Stockholm or 3 nights in Tromso and 1 night in Stockholm. Any suggestions? I really want to do an overnight tour in Tromso to see the northern lights and a cruise and possibly some hiking. Is 3 nights better than 2? Is it really Paris of the North?! thanks. :)

4 Answers Oct 9, 2013 at 11:41 PM
    • Tromso on the Christmas days

Tromsø Sep 13, 2013 at 1:03 AM

I am planning to be in Tromso on 24 December, disembarking from the steamer, staying until 27th and doing an overnight dogsled on 25th. I have noticed Norway closes down on 24 & 25 December. Will I be able to get transport from where the steamer docks on 24th December into the town centre to my hotel? Is it very far?
      Many thanks!

10 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 6:15 PM
    • Tromso in late November

Tromsø Aug 30, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Hello,
      We are looking to visit Tromso in between 27th Nov and the 30th Nov. I understand that the sun does not rise at this time of year. Is there anything to do/see when there is no daylight? Is it pitch black? Any advice would be appreciated.
      Thank you

3 Answers Aug 30, 2013 at 2:10 PM
    • Fishing in Norway

Tromsø Aug 26, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Hi,
      we are looking for a place in Norway to go fishing. Prefarebly way up north around Tromso or Soroya.

In the past few years, we used travel agency services, however this year, we want to go on our own. Therefore we are loking for someone, who lives there and can rent us or help us arrange accomodation, car pick up, fishing boat, fishing equipment and who knows what else.

If you happen to know someone like this, please contact me on p.obhlidal@gmail.com

Cheers

1 Answer Nov 10, 2014 at 9:13 AM
    • What to wear in Tromso

Tromsø Aug 18, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Do people in Tromso dress up or go casual? I'm going next week and don't know what to pack. Help!

2 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    • Budget Accomodation

Troms Region Aug 10, 2013 at 6:45 AM

We will be Tromso area in second week of October.
      Since its a wet season, we are planning to stay about 70-100kms south of the city, esp the rain shadow areas of Skibotn since they get far less rain. Our main aim is northern lights.
      The major problem we are facing is that there are not many cabins to find in 2500/week budget. In Fjord norway we could easily find cottages and cabins in this budget, but Troms area seems far too expensive.
      Is there a website where owners give out chalets for rent or hytters for rent. We are just 2 people and a small cabin with WC/shower and kitchen will suffice.
      I checked out finn.no but many listings are very old with owner details often missing or incorrect.
      Any tips welcome
      Thanks

2 Answers Aug 12, 2013 at 2:27 AM
    • ntibbe's Profile Photo

Best place to see the Northern Lights in Tromso Norway

Tromsø Jul 30, 2013 at 3:03 PM

I want to go to a place in the Tromso Norway area that you can see the Northern lights well. Some place outside of city light pollution. Does anyone have any recommendations? I did a tour last year but I don't know where they took us. One area was a beach like area off the highway. I don't know if it was a lake or what tho. It wasn't big enough to be the ocean and it looked a bit dried up. Anyone know what place I'm speaking of? I have pics in my Norway album of it. Anyhow any suggestions on locations, not far from Tromso, for view the northern lights would be great. How's the area near the cable car? Can you still see a lot of light pollution there?

1 Answer Jul 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM
    • Ewilly's Profile Photo

what can I do in 4 hours ?

Tromsø Jul 19, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I am coming to Tromso in a Hurtigrutenship. What can I do there ? Do I Need to book a tour ?

4 Answers Jul 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM
    • Airport Transfers to Oldervik

Tromsø Jul 17, 2013 at 12:28 PM

Hi,
      Four of us travel into Tromso Airport on the 7th Dec 2013 for a week and we're staying in Oldervik, Lyngen Alps. We haven't organised how we're going to get to our accommodation, so wanted some advice if possible.
      Are there any transfer companies, as our flights arrive at 14:00 and this misses the only bus to Oldervik on a Saturday. Also going home will mean we will miss our flight if we got the bus....so we need a transfer if possible?
      Does anyone have any experience of Transfers including prices, as I've only been able to find a couple of taxi companies and these seem to be pretty pricey.
      If there are no transfers, it may turn out to be better to hire a car, if anyone has any cheap recommendations, we would love to know.
      Thanks for any advice.

2 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM
    • Sighseeing in Tromsö

Tromsø Jun 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I will be in Tromso on 8 July from 9am to 5pm on an MSC cruise. Can you please tell me how to best get around in Tromsö and do some sightseeing on my own. Thanks a lot.

1 Answer Jun 26, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    • SabrinaH's Profile Photo

buy the Lift Tickets of Storsteinen and car park

Tromsø Jun 21, 2013 at 7:57 AM

I want to go to the Storsteinen to see the view of Tromso.Where is the Ticket office of Storsteinen to buy the Lift Tickets and where is the car park?I need the address please.Thank you very much.:)

1 Answer Jun 21, 2013 at 8:48 AM
    • Day treks around Tromso

Tromsø Jun 16, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Hi, I am going to be in Tromso next week, and I am planning to do at least one full-day trekking day-trip. I am looking for a trail route recommendation. I have seen some shorter recommendations online, but I am looking for something a bit more substantial (at least 20 km). Anyone?

6 Answers Oct 7, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    • FFranca's Profile Photo

Renting a car?

Tromsø Jun 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Hello. I am going to tromso next winter, in late january, I am not used to freezing weather, and gonna spend 4 days there. It is adviceble to rent a car?

4 Answers Jun 18, 2013 at 8:45 AM
    • Bus from Tromso to Bardufoss?

Tromsø Mar 20, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Hello. I am trying to find out whether there is a bus from Tromso to Bardufoss. If you have a web site link, I would appreciate it.

1 Answer Mar 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM
    • Travel money

Tromsø Jan 28, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Hi,

I'm going to Tromso for 3 days in hope to see the northern lights. I realise it varies greatly depending on what activities we decide to do, but can anyone give a rough guide on how much money to bring with me?

Thanks

3 Answers Jan 29, 2013 at 4:25 AM