Trogir

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• nightlife in mid june

Hvar Apr 13, 2014 at 3:12 PM

I want to about clubbing and parties in mid june .

does it crowded with tourist in that time?

and in general, of which nationality majority of tourist are?

Thank u

more
    • Split, Hvar or Brac

Hvar Mar 31, 2014 at 7:51 AM

HI Planning on a trip to Croatia and we are going to travel up to Split form Dubrovnik for 3 nights but dont know whether to stay oin Split and travel over to the Islands or stay in Hvar or Brac. Can anyone advise. We wont nice beaches but things to do at night. We are then heading down to MOntenegro for 4 nights at the end of our holiday

more
    • Getting to the islands

by annanl Online Now Jul 18, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Is it necessary to book island ferries or trips in advance or can tickets be got on the day? Also which islands would you recommend if we are only in Trogir for four days?

2 Answers Jul 21, 2013 at 8:55 AM
    • Transfer from Split to Ciovo

by sanc26 Online Now May 31, 2013 at 5:26 AM

We are holidaying on Ciovo in August and I was wondering the best way to transfer from the airport. There will be myself, partner and two children arriving early evening (19:00?)

1 Answer May 31, 2013 at 5:36 AM
    • JonKay's Profile Photo

Trogir Concert

by JonKay Online Now Aug 18, 2012 at 4:57 AM

Hi all. We'll be on Ciovo Island from 4th - 13th September. Are there any open air concerts planned during this period. We went to one in the main square last year, and had a great time. How much should we expect to pay for scooter hire for 10 days? Thanks in advance, Jon.

• Trogir help

by sweden93 Online Now Aug 7, 2011 at 7:24 AM

Just came home from Trogir, Croatia. And one day, it was thursday there was a special night for celebrating their independence day I think.
      They had first show where they had a traditionally dance and after there was a live 2-man band.
      I am curious about what the band's name is, so if anyone knows I would be very happy if you could post it.

1 Answer Aug 17, 2011 at 1:41 AM
    • Split Port to Trogir

by MelissaDelRios Online Now Mar 29, 2010 at 12:45 PM

Hello!!

I will arrive on Cruise to Split Port on April and I am very interested in to go Trogir. Can you please recommend me how is the best way to do it??

I will be waiting for your respond.

Thanks!!

3 Answers Apr 6, 2010 at 11:00 AM
    • Trogir for kids

by TouristDenmark Online Now Jan 6, 2010 at 7:29 AM

Can anyone tell me whether there are any activities for kids in or in driving range from Trogir? I am looking for amusement parks, water worlds, zoo or whatever places that could be fun or interesting for kids in the age from 7-14.

2 Answers Jan 12, 2010 at 11:40 PM
    • bct341's Profile Photo

Time to spend in Trogir?

by bct341 Online Now May 18, 2008 at 9:16 PM

We will be driving up from Dubrovnik to the Split Airport. Since our flight is later in the day, we were thinking of taking a quick detour to Trogir before turning in our rental car at the airport. Even though the airport is close, I am sure that traffic and parking outside the city might be an issue.

I don't know how much time we will have but the city looks small. Is it worth taking a few hours to explore? And, what would be the "don't miss" sites considering the limited time we will have?

5 Answers May 21, 2008 at 4:15 PM
    • Taxi fare from Split airport to Trogir and Trogir to Split port

by rintz Online Now Dec 12, 2007 at 3:43 AM

Hi - can anyone tell me how much it will cost to take a taxi from Split airport to Trogir? We will have a suitcase, backpack, big pram and 2 toddlers and don't fancy lugging all of that on the public bus #37. Also, does anyone know how much it will cost to take a taxi from Trogir to Split port?

Thanks so much.

3 Answers Jan 20, 2008 at 4:02 PM
    • accomadation and eating out in trogir

by staffs1 Online Now Oct 7, 2007 at 2:36 AM

hi, we are planning a week in croatia,based in trogir and touring from here. we arrive 17th oct and would very much appreciate any advice and info on good places to eat and recomended accomadation. we are a family of 4(kids are 10 and twelve)and are possibly looking for an appartment to give us freedom for early starts etc. not ruled hotels out however,especially as we would like to be near the old town. thanks,pete

• swimming

by zurawski Online Now Jul 10, 2007 at 6:06 AM

my family and i are not strong swimmers,so could anyone tell me if there are any outdoor/indoor pools in the area that would allow us to swim without going in the sea.thanks

3 Answers Jul 26, 2007 at 8:06 AM
    • essentials

by zurawski Online Now Dec 14, 2006 at 1:55 PM

How much are the essentials in Trogir,ie cigarettes and beer?

1 Answer Dec 15, 2006 at 1:49 AM
    • CardboardCockney's Profile Photo

Vegetarian meals

by CardboardCockney Online Now Jul 1, 2006 at 3:17 AM

Going back to Croatia, love the place and the people, but this is my first time to the Trogir area. Are there any vegetarian restaurants in Trogir (or Split and surrounding area) ? If not, do most restaurants have a vegetarian dish?

2 Answers Jul 5, 2006 at 10:19 AM
    • Food and Fun prices please

by mentol Online Now May 8, 2006 at 6:44 AM

Hello guys,

me and my friends are budgeting a trip to Trogir. I've seen that the accomodation in villas is on average 15 euros / person / night. Since the villas have kitchens we will be making food on our own too. So I am asking you guys if there are any supermarkets or things like that and if so can I see some prices somewhere? Are the prices high even in supermarkets ?

Another thing is about museums, cathedrals, and maybe boat cruise to an island near. Can anyone help me on that ?

Regards to all from Bucharest, Romania
      Alex

2 Answers May 8, 2006 at 11:12 AM
    • Croatia

by flatcoat Online Now Mar 27, 2006 at 11:34 PM

Going to Split for 5 nights early July, probably will be staying in Trogir. Want to stay in nice apartment overlooking sea but very accessible by foot to Trogir. Looked at the apartments to the south of Ciovo but at 5 km away from the town too far from the centre to stroll out in the evening. Somewhere quiet, clean and doesn't have to be rock bottom price (it is our 25th wedding anniversary treat!) doesn;t need a swimming pool. Most important thing also is balcony overlooking sea.

Any ideas!

1 Answer Mar 31, 2006 at 7:51 AM
    • Trying to plan a holiday....

by fshort79 Online Now Jan 11, 2006 at 3:22 AM

Hi,
      I went on holiday to Brela in Sept 04, and want to return to Croatia in June this year with my fiance. I want to go to Trogir this time as I took a trip there on my last holiday and thought it was gorgeous. But last time I was only there for a few hours. I want to be sure that if we are staying for a fortnight there will be enough to do (we're not really lying-on-the-beach-type people!) and good restaurants, bars etc. Any information that anyone's got about Trogir would be good, and might help ease my fiance's worries. (He thinks we're going to be stranded in the middle of nowhere!!)
      Also, I've found a pretty good deal for the Hotel Medena. Does anyone know what it's like and whether it will meet our needs? That is can we get to other places easily on foot/bus/taxi (after a few drinks!) and what is available there.
      Thanks

6 Answers Jan 22, 2006 at 9:03 AM
    • Muscovite's Profile Photo

Buying a digital camera in Makarska - very extravagant?

by Muscovite Online Now Sep 1, 2005 at 12:56 AM

A friend suddenly needs a digital photocamera.
      Does it make any sense to buy it in Makarska - or Split, with possible VAT refund? Or should I better take it easy and go to the beach, and find one at home in Moscow?
      Mind, I have no idea which make I need, nor can tell a good one from a bad one.

1 Answer Sep 1, 2005 at 6:13 AM
    • poons's Profile Photo

Holiday in Trogir

by poons Online Now Jul 28, 2005 at 4:03 AM

First of all I would like to send my heartfelt thanks to diocletianvs, Valadelphia and croisbeauty for all their useful advise and tips which helped me greatly in organising my holiday to Croatia. We are all booked up now and going for 2 weeks, based in Trogir ---- we are so excited!!!

I just have a few more questions at the back of my mind and wondered if anyone could help me:-

- Taxi from Split airport to Ciovo (just near to the bridge that goes to Trogir) - how much should I expect to pay the driver?

- Can I buy things in local currency - will bars/restaurants etc. expect me to use Euros? I always prefer to use the local currency wherever possible. Should I take only local currency, or some Euros too?

- If I take my ATM card, are there any ATM machines near to where we are staying, Trogir & Ciovo island?

- Just trying to work out a budget, how much do things cost nowadays in Trogir & Split, ie: meals, drinks etc.

- Plan to spend lots of time exploring Split - is there a good way of getting multi-bus tickets and entrance to the sights/museums etc. which will be a little cheaper than buying tickets every day?

Thanks again... I love this virtual tourist organisation, makes me feel that the world is a very small place, and that there are friends in every corner of it!!!

Kindest regards,

June

7 Answers Aug 29, 2005 at 10:58 PM
    • poons's Profile Photo

Any advise/tips please?

by poons Online Now Jul 12, 2005 at 7:52 AM

Hi VT people....

Phew.. at last I've narrowed it down to two Villas... wondered if anyone knew of them:-

Villa Dolce Vita which is situated on Ciovo about 1.5km from Trogir town.
      Villa Jidro which is right in Trogir town on the sea front.
      Both want to charge 50 Eur/night for a double apartment with breakfast for 2 people - does this sound like a good price?

I dont quite understand the geography - Ciovo/Trogir???? could anyone explain to me please.

What we mainly want from our visit is to be near the sea, be able to walk and explore the interesting and historic places like Trogir town, and be able to use buses or ferries to visit Split and some islands.

Would to be accommodated in Trogir town be the best option for us do you think? or would being in the Dolce Vita Villa on Ciovo be OK?

Thanks to anyone who can offer me advise.

June

3 Answers Jul 14, 2005 at 10:36 PM
    • poons's Profile Photo

Family Hotel

by poons Online Now Jul 6, 2005 at 5:33 AM

Hi - we are thinking of visiting Trogir early September. I wonder can anyone recommend a nice family run hotel? We did find the Medina Hotel, but dont like the look of this as it is too big and impersonal. We really would like a smaller hotel with more of a personal touch.
      Also - is it easy to get a taxi from Split airport to Trogir - if so, how much should we expect to pay.

Thanks very much.

3 Answers Aug 29, 2005 at 8:17 AM
    • togir or split?

by priscilla7 Online Now May 11, 2005 at 3:32 AM

I will be in Croatia for a week starting this Saturday. Will be landing in Split and then taking a round trip to either Hvar or Korcula, Dubrovnik, and then back up in time to catch my morning plane a week later.
      Is it better to overnight in Trogir or Split in order to get to the airport?
      Is accomodation cheaper in Trogir than in Split?
      I was thinking about only spending one night in either Trogir or Split before my flight home - or are there any reasons/attractions to see that would warrant a 2 night stay before flying out?
      Thanks.

2 Answers May 11, 2005 at 7:44 AM
    • Reccomending an excursion company out of Trogir.

by jamccann Online Now Aug 2, 2004 at 5:30 PM

Has anyone taken an excursion to the the blue cave on the islet of Bisevo. Can you suggest the best company to go with. I am looking for good value, that is knowledgible guides, safe efficient travel, good food and well organized.

1 Answer Aug 6, 2004 at 7:31 AM
    • Driving in and out of Split from Trogir.

by jamccann Online Now Jul 18, 2004 at 9:17 AM

Does anyone know where to park near the center of Split? We will have a car and would prefer to drive rather than hassle with public transit. We will be in Split 15/09 to 19/09.

3 Answers Jul 18, 2004 at 5:48 PM
    • Traveling to Trogir

by Luisella Online Now Jun 28, 2003 at 4:29 AM

Does anyone know the best way to get to Trogir from Venice. I will be arriving at Venice, Marco Polo Airport. Friends of mine are taking the ferry from Rijeka to Trogir, but i thought I would try to fly out from venice. any suggestions? Thanks for the help

2 Answers Jun 28, 2003 at 11:34 AM