Trivio

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Pocket wifi rental in Italy

Italy Aug 27, 2015 at 8:38 PM

Is there anyone who had rented a pocket / mobile wifi in Italy? If so, can you recommend a cost effective, reputatable and reliable company to me? Thanks

more
    • Culinary Walking Tour of Rome?

Rome Aug 31, 2015 at 9:39 AM

Can anyone recommend a culinary walking tour of Rome? There are numerous tours listed if you Google the subject. Some are surely better than others. We would prefer a small group or possibly even a private tour.

Carl

more
    • Directions from treviso centrale to bike rental

Treviso Aug 25, 2015 at 3:32 PM

Hi,
      I'm coming by train to treviso centrale station, and I would like to rent a bike to ride by the river.
      Where is the nearest bike rental and how would I get there?

more
    • road from Cortina to Venice

Cortina d'Ampezzo Aug 24, 2015 at 1:41 AM

we'll return our car in Mestre at noon. We leave Cortina after breakfast (after 11 days in the Lakes and Dolomites).
      The tripfrom Cortina to Venice is about 2 hours, so we have about 1-2(-3 ? maybe) spare hours.
      Any suggestions for nice places to stop and see on our way to Venice? And an evaluation of time for each of them.

more
    • KaterinaJordan's Profile Photo

First Sunday of the month

Rome Aug 21, 2015 at 6:04 AM

Hello,

I understand that the first Sunday of the month some museums are with free entrance. Is the Vatican musuem included? If not, can you propose one or two of those that are free?

more
    • trains/markets

Peschiera del Garda Aug 20, 2015 at 10:09 PM

How much is a return ticket to verona from peschiera del garda and are there any markets?

more
    • Set up a tour

Rome Aug 13, 2015 at 11:32 AM

How do I set up a tour guide to see the Sistine chapel.

Mike

more
    • erictilley's Profile Photo

Best guided tours of Italy... Trafalgar or Perillo?

Italy Aug 13, 2015 at 11:03 AM

Trafalgar or Perillo? Which did you prefer and why? Any better/less expensive ones? Not interested in going solo as I am taking the family this time and "guided" is the way to go so I don't get the blame for anything that doesn't go quite as planned...

Also, best times to go/not go?

Thanks in advance to my fellow VTers!

"Pole', Pole'!"

more
    • siena global greeter

Siena Aug 9, 2015 at 5:50 AM

I am hoping to book a global greeter but am having trouble filling in the form.The question regarding where I am flying in from and out from does not give me any option other than a specified city stated in the form.
      Will really appreciate if someone who has successfully booked a Siena greeter advise me as to what is the best way. of booking one.
      Grazie Tante

more
    • snorkeling

Isola d' Elba Aug 7, 2015 at 12:27 PM

Where can I go for snorkeling and equipment rentals? Swim with sharks?
      Hows the humidity first week of Sept.? To the locals what is ur favorite restuarant?

more
    • Sunday shopping in Bolzano

Bolzano Aug 7, 2015 at 12:26 PM

Are clothes shops open in Bolzano on Sundays?

more
    • Good hotel in Siena

Siena Aug 6, 2015 at 2:05 PM

We are looking for recommendations for a good hotel in the center (?) of Siena for a few nights in mid-September. I have read that cars are not permitted in the center, so is one better off to stay outside the city walls, where parking will be easier? If so, how does one get into the city and back to a hotel?

Carl

more
    • Des this Itinerary look OK? Tuscany + CT

Tuscany Aug 28, 2015 at 2:33 AM

I'm travelling with my two kids, 19 and 21, in September and would love some feedback on the following itinerary. Trying to keep costs low. We like views, walking, biking, wine/olive oil/cheese stops, nature sites with water, beaches.
      Mon 21: late night arrival Florence
      Tues 22: florence
      Wed 23: florence
      Thur 24: EITHER bike tour around Tuscany that leaves from Florence with a company, wine tasting and some other nice activities but 80 euros each (!) OR go back to the Florence airport by bus (20 Euros each?) and rent a car for two days. First day: Siena, Montelcino, Pienza, Montepulciano and maybe others. Where to stay if we rent a car? I prefer not to drive back into Florence but want to get to Pisa + LaSpezia the next day.
      If we take the bike tour we would go back to Florence for the night.
      Fri 25: take/continue with car to Lucca (bike ride on walls), Pisa (photo op and stroll), possibly a beach stop (?) and return car in LaSpezia. Stay in area of LaSpezia, possibly Lerici or take the ferry or train to Riomaggiore in the Cinque Terre in the evening.
      Sat 26: hike in Cinque Terre
      Sun 27: more Cinque Terre, maybe switch to Monterossa hotel for beach
      Mon 28: more Cinque Terre, train to Genoa early evening and sleep near airport in Genoa
      Tues 29: 8am flight home from Genoa
      Any comments would be highly appreciated!! Thanks.

more
    • Car & Driver

Reggio di Calabria Aug 27, 2015 at 7:37 AM

Where can I get car & driver?

more
    • chilena1's Profile Photo

Etruscan Cave

Montepulciano Aug 20, 2015 at 6:11 PM

I was in Montepulciano this summer. It happened that I went into one of many wine tasting places. And inside was an Etruscan cave. I wish I can remember the name of the wine tasting place. It was at the entrance of the main Puerta. Can anybody tell me if you know the name?
      Greatly appreciate it.
      Lidia

more
    • Public transport

Naples Aug 19, 2015 at 2:07 AM

I am confused about the ticket system on Unico Campania..On a single journey ticket, and also on a Settimanale 7 day ticket, how do I know how far I can travel from, say, Garibaldi ? For example, I am staying near Chiaiano metro in the north of the city....will the single journey ticket (or 7 day ticket ) cover me for the whole of the journey from Garibaldi. ?

more
    • parking near The Piazza Grande

Arezzo Aug 16, 2015 at 10:39 AM

We will be traveling by car. Is there parking near the Piazza Grande?

more
    • NorKajakk's Profile Photo

Looking for a private local driver...

Sardegna Aug 14, 2015 at 12:18 PM

Hi,

I plan to travel to Sardinia the 2 last weeks of december this year. I don't drive; buses are ok but the freedom limited. So I thought maybe I could hire a island native and his private car for 2 or 3 days to drive me around. Good for me and it could be good also for a Sardinian willing to earn a little extra cash?

I don't know how to go about it and I wish to have already a contact before landing there. An idea anybody? Thankx

My question is more directed to the local population I guess...

Best regards,

Didier

more
    • Local transport

Pompeii Aug 13, 2015 at 8:38 AM

I know that there are a few local buses around Pompeii, but have been unable to find out where they go and when. Any info welcome.

more
    • Winter Weather

Sicilia Aug 13, 2015 at 6:46 AM

Hi we are planning to escape for the winter and wonder if Southern Sicily is a possibility. Nov-March.
      If anyone can give me some honest info about the weather during these months I would be very grateful.
      Thanks in advance.:-)

more
    • nuttydavy

San Teodoro Aug 13, 2015 at 12:44 AM

Will all shops etc still be open end of September?

more
    • Do you know a good Au Pair agency in Sydney_

Italy Aug 11, 2015 at 10:39 PM

Hello!
      I'm planning to do the Au Pair in Australia, but I would need the help of a professional agency and possibly free.
      Can anyone help me?
      Thanks a lot

more
    • Pompeii tour guide

Pompeii Aug 10, 2015 at 6:29 AM

Does anyone have a recommendation to an English speaking tour guide for a private tour for 2 adults at Pompeii this September. We will take the train from Sorrento, arriving at 9am.
      Grazie

more
    • tesoro77's Profile Photo

Logistics on staying in the beautiful PROCEDA, please help!

Italy Aug 8, 2015 at 1:25 PM

I happened to discover Proceda on the net and LOVED it!!!! I was to different parts of Italy many times, got to Sicily and Sardinia, but I had no idea about this little gem of an island. I want to go there and am asking for ALL kind of advice :
      I live in Los Angeles, so all European flights are not easy. Most likely will have to get to Rome and from there - to Naples. What's the best way of getting to Proceda from Naples? All details on ferry will be helpful. Also - how do I rent a room - in private sector or in a hotel - what would be better? I would want to stay for over a week. Solo traveler.
      Thank you for your help. Cheers :-))

more
    • driving into olbia and parking

Olbia Aug 7, 2015 at 5:24 PM

Hi All

Driving into Olbia from Alghera for a few hours before going to airport for flight out. Where to park hire car? what would be best to do in Olbia for tourist with a few hours to spend and a nice restaurant to eat nice local dishes before going to airport. Thank you for help. AA

more