Tripoli

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• safe hotels to stay

by renel Online Now May 21, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Where is it the safest to stay in Tripoli. Which Hotel?

3 Answers May 21, 2013 at 10:07 PM
    • hshifan's Profile Photo

Life in Tripoli with Family

by hshifan Online Now Dec 18, 2010 at 11:09 AM

I have been offered a job in Tripoli and I am trying to find some information as I will be living in Tripoli with my family wife+baby(9 month). We are a muslim family from Maldives and my wife does not cover her head.

Can anyone get me answers for the following;

- 24/7 stable power available?
      - Tap water available at apartments/house are clean and drinkable?
      - Is it safe to walk on the roads with wife+baby?
      - Are there supermarkets? Can I buy baby foods? "S26 Gold formula milk"
      - Are there western products at supermarkets?
      - Is there any ATM's with Visa or MasterCard logo and working?
      - How fare is Tripoli City to the airport and how much will it cost by taxi
      - Are the civilians allowed to own weapons?

2 Answers Dec 23, 2010 at 11:20 AM
    • BoraArasan's Profile Photo

Airport to city and other places from city

by BoraArasan Online Now Nov 10, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Hi, again

How can i go to centrum from airport except taxi. Is there any bus services or anything else? And how much do i have to pay?

Second question, i want to go sabratha,ghadamesh and leptis magna during my Libya vacation. Where is the station of Busses which go these places? ( is there any fixed station?)

Thank you

2 Answers Nov 10, 2010 at 9:14 PM
    • Hi Fi Equipment

by Trozenco Online Now Oct 6, 2010 at 8:34 AM

I am moving to Libya and want to know if I can purchase Hi Fi equipment in Tripoli? Speakers amplifers etc

1 Answer Oct 21, 2010 at 2:08 PM
    • BoraArasan's Profile Photo

Sataying at Tripoli Airport

by BoraArasan Online Now Sep 7, 2010 at 8:01 AM

Hi,

i am planning to visit Libya. My flight will be landed Tripoli overnight.

is it possible to stay all night long at Tripoli airport until morning.

Thank you all

2 Answers Sep 7, 2010 at 7:11 PM
    • maretravel's Profile Photo

horse riding in Tripoli, Libya

by maretravel Online Now May 11, 2010 at 1:16 AM

I am going to spend the summer in Tripoli, where I plan to look for work as Ive been told its a country with a lot of opportunities ...I am an avid horse woman, Ive been competing and riding my entire life. Most recently I was an endurance rider here where I currently live in Dubai. I would like to have any information or contacts for any riding stables in or around Tripoli. Ideally I am looking for a place to hack, and be able to spend time with horses in a relaxed environment. I understand the beaches outside Tripoli are undeveloped and beautiful. I wonder if anyone is offering beach riding???I I greatly appreciate any information about the equestrian scene ( if there is one) in Tripoli. thanks!

2 Answers May 21, 2010 at 4:50 AM
    • Unleaded fuel

by razzmetazz Online Now Apr 19, 2008 at 12:38 AM

Is unleaded fuel freely available in libya

1 Answer Jul 1, 2009 at 5:01 AM
    • tripoli to cairo

by lwatch Online Now Jan 29, 2008 at 6:57 PM

How can I fly from Tripoli to Cairo...what airline services this route? I am staying in Tripoli for 2 weeks and then in Cairo for 2 weeks before returning to Tripoli.

2 Answers Feb 6, 2008 at 5:02 AM
    • Squash Player

by edouardmordret Online Now Jan 29, 2008 at 7:45 AM

Hello,

I am a squash player on my way to tripoli for the next 12 months. Anybody knows where i can find both courts and players ?

Cheers

3 Answers Mar 16, 2009 at 3:03 AM
    • Denise5555's Profile Photo

Tripoli to Cairo

by Denise5555 Online Now Oct 28, 2007 at 5:29 PM

I am a student trying to find the easiest and least expensive way to go across the border from Tripoli to Cairo by train or bus?

Thank you.

Denise

1 Answer Nov 8, 2007 at 12:46 AM
    • Visas

by eileens26 Online Now Jul 24, 2007 at 8:41 PM

I am told that Libya will not issue visas to less than groups of four. Any experience here? We plan a trip in early 2008 from the U.S. Thank you.

5 Answers Apr 22, 2008 at 11:03 AM
    • Driving License

by Almeda67 Online Now Apr 4, 2007 at 12:27 AM

I will shortly be taking up employment in Tripoli and my company will be providing me with a car for personal use. Will I be able to drive with an EU international driving license or do I require some other kind of driving license?

• Hi-Fi in Tripoli

by Yaric Online Now Nov 24, 2006 at 6:15 AM

Hi friends,

Are there Hi-Fi shops in Tripoli - I'll be there in business trip in December and I'd like to look for "bookshelf" acoustic systems.

Have a nice weekend...

1 Answer Apr 22, 2007 at 11:39 AM
    • How mcuh for a nice car and house to rent ??

by webtolls Online Now Sep 30, 2006 at 2:18 AM

Hi All,

I'll be spending the next 3 years in Tripoli ans i would like to know how much a nice car such an Audi A3 or a VW Golf with full options would cost in Libya.

Also, if anyone has an idea about some places to rent and how much it might also cost on a monthly basis, please keep me posted.

Thx for all ur help

1 Answer Jan 25, 2009 at 8:01 AM
    • Advice on visit

by hargreavesr Online Now Sep 28, 2006 at 10:32 AM

My wife and I will be in Tripoli for one day only from a cruise ship. my question is: will we be allowed to roam Tripoli on our own without an official guide. We did work in Tripoli 1968-70 and so have memories of how it was. Most tourists will go on organised trips to Leptis or Sabratha(well worth it) but we have our memories and photos from the past.
      Can anyone advise on the best things to do for a few hours.

10 Answers May 8, 2007 at 2:08 AM
    • is alcohol available in libya?

by jeffco Online Now Sep 6, 2006 at 12:26 PM

is alcohol available in hotels & restaurants in libya?

3 Answers Jun 1, 2007 at 6:35 AM
    • squash courts

by bobboss Online Now Aug 20, 2005 at 1:25 PM

is there any squash courts in tripoli? anyone plays squash there?

8 Answers Apr 22, 2008 at 10:37 AM
    • vankedi68's Profile Photo

Accurate !!!

by vankedi68 Online Now Oct 15, 2004 at 1:12 PM

I have been checking out various peoples pages in Tripoli and i find ROGAN`s very accurate and useful. Does anyone have the same or different opinion ???

7 Answers Nov 6, 2004 at 12:35 PM
    • vankedi68's Profile Photo

Work in Libya

by vankedi68 Online Now Sep 14, 2004 at 1:14 PM

I am English and i am going to work in Libya for a year. Could some tell me what the living conditions there are like? Also the nice places to visit and things to do. I fly out on the 18th. Thank you Vankedi68

2 Answers Sep 20, 2004 at 9:34 AM
    • flights from London to Tripoli

by call_me_mia Online Now Sep 2, 2004 at 6:43 AM

Hello Lybian lovers, I am planning to travel to Lybia from the 18 to the 27 of september and I am looking for the best deal for a ticket (actually two tickets) from London to Tripoli and return. Any specific airline I should check? Please send me all the info you got (i.e. phone numbers, web addresses, etc.) Thanks very very much S.

4 Answers Sep 18, 2004 at 1:11 PM
    • Travel to Libya from Egypt

by bartbb Online Now Apr 6, 2004 at 11:00 AM

I am interested in travelling to Libya from Egypt. Can I get a Libyan visa in Cairo? Will i be able to enter Libya on my own, or do i need to join a group? Thanks very much.

6 Answers May 26, 2004 at 2:15 AM
    • a year in Libya

by rogan Online Now Feb 27, 2004 at 6:59 AM

I'm arriving in Libya on March 13th and I'll be staying and working for a year. That gives me lots of time to visit and see things. I'll also be working in 4 different cities so I guess there will be a lot of variety. Are there any specific tips with what to do, where to go - and especially what NOT to do.

5 Answers Feb 29, 2004 at 4:00 PM
    • Hotel in Tarabulus

by ericfromlyon Online Now Sep 18, 2002 at 6:35 AM

Hello, I will go in Tripoli in october for 2 weeks. Does anyone know a cheap hotel there ? Thank's in adavnce for your response. Eric

5 Answers Oct 1, 2004 at 9:18 AM