Tripoli Travel Answers

change location
maretravel's Profile Photo

horse riding in Tripoli, Libya

by maretravel Online Now May 11, 2010 at 1:16 AM

I am going to spend the summer in Tripoli, where I plan to look for work as Ive been told its a country with a lot of opportunities ...I am an avid horse woman, Ive been competing and riding my entire life. Most recently I was an endurance rider here where I currently live in Dubai. I would like to have any information or contacts for any riding stables in or around Tripoli. Ideally I am looking for a place to hack, and be able to spend time with horses in a relaxed environment. I understand the beaches outside Tripoli are undeveloped and beautiful. I wonder if anyone is offering beach riding???I I greatly appreciate any information about the equestrian scene ( if there is one) in Tripoli. thanks!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: horse riding in Tripoli, Libya

by real-life Online Now May 11, 2010 at 3:22 PM

hi and welcome to tripoli
    and yes there are two main horse tracks and stables

and the another one is near the airport road , its very nice places with green areas , and here you can go and they will help you finding nice places to hack

and you can here hack by the sea and near the historical cities such as lebtis magna and sebratha ,

hope you will enjoy your stay : )

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • effelove's Profile Photo

Re: Riding in Tripoli, Libya

by effelove Online Now May 21, 2010 at 4:50 AM

Hello. I live in Janzour ( suburb of Tripoli) and have visited a riding center that is just up the road in Janzour. My husband and I visited the center and we found the facilities to look pretty good, the area clean etc. For Libya, the overall impression was a positive one. There were several English speaking instructors, all whom appear to have a good amount of riding and instructing ability about them. Although I haven't yet done any riding here in Libya ( I am much less accomplished but love riding, but it has been years and I am in need of a few lessons to become comfortable on a horse again....)I do believe that if you were to contact them and speak to the right person, someone there can help you to learn everything you want to discover about where and how to ride here. They seem to hold regular little competitions and events as well. Enjoy your summer here in Libya and happy trails :)
    Here is a link that includes information. At the bottom of the page there is a list of phone numbers. I have searched for more of a home page website, but this is all I can find. I hope that it helps
    lookoutlibya.com/Look_Out_Li...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Tripoli