Tripoli Travel Answers

change location
vankedi68's Profile Photo

Accurate !!!

by vankedi68 Online Now Oct 15, 2004 at 1:12 PM

I have been checking out various peoples pages in Tripoli and i find ROGAN`s very accurate and useful. Does anyone have the same or different opinion ???

Quote & Answer
7 Answers
  • marenloo's Profile Photo

Re: Accurate !!!

by marenloo Online Now Nov 4, 2004 at 12:48 PM

I want to know something my dear . Did Rogan visit the desert ? Did he see Acacos mountains, stone age paints in their caves, the desert lakes which form the most amazing and wonderful thing in Libya. He didn't mention any thing in his pages. Did he visit Ghadamis and Ghat ? Did he even know a person in these two cities? I doubt it. If you do you will understand what I mean. And he didn't speak about the whole eastern part Libya. He doesn't know any thing about landscape, archeology and history of this part. Has he ever heard about Sainte Mark in Libya. The byzantine churches in Ras Alhilal and lathroon... Oh by the way Did he visit Ras Alhilal ? The lovely beach where the mountains are ajacent to it, the waterfall and the remains underwater. This area also is distiguished as one of the richest place of fishing in the world . Did he know the archological city of Apolonia which know exists underwate. I will not add more and I can. Just to know that I saw Rogans pages and he just visited the city center of Tripoli Gharian and Baladiyat AlKhoms. I know that Triploli center is full of foriegners which doesn't mean Libya at all. Rogan's Libya pages are not accurate . They are not fair.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

Re: Re: Accurate !!!

by marenloo Online Now Nov 4, 2004 at 1:09 PM

underwate = underwater

by marenloo Online Now Nov 4, 2004 at 1:31 PM

and what did he say about Tripoli? Some information which every tourist knows from the first day. The red balace which is several hunderds of years old is ( for him just the place where mosolini came and spoke ) . A lot of people in the city center and an Egyptian gay. Is this Tripoli you think?

• vankedi68's Profile Photo

by vankedi68 Online Now Nov 5, 2004 at 6:06 AM

You are deferring from the info. He reported on some places not the ones you mentioned. When he goes there he will comment on them. Just like your Egypt site.

by marenloo Online Now Nov 6, 2004 at 12:18 AM

What's wrong in my Egypt page? I visited the whole Egypt several times. I have been to Matruh, Portsaid, Esmailiya, Alexandria, Cairo, swais, Sharmesheikh, ---etc. I know a lot about Egypt. Maybe I don't have the time to go on with Egypt pages but I know it.

• vankedi68's Profile Photo

Re: Re: REASON

by vankedi68 Online Now Nov 6, 2004 at 11:51 AM

The reason these pages exist are to give advice on each country and helpful knowledge to people. This includes the pitfalls too. Because I know Egypt , and respect their people , I didn't mention any thing about people who live with their chiken and animals in their houses in Reef. I didn't say a word about the man who pretended that he is a security police and asked me a lot of questions just to show me that he's a VIP. So, he delayed my trip. I didn't say a word about those who treat the westerners ( specially Israelis) well and don't respect the Arabs and Muslims , in the airport, hotels and other places. I didn't say a bad word about Egypt because my mother was born there and I know it very well. I don't want to abuse or insult its people Mohammed This is a better view of Egypt for other people.

Re: Re: REASON

by marenloo Online Now Nov 6, 2004 at 12:35 PM

Well , It's over . I only respect those who keep other's secrets.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Tripoli