Tripoli Travel Answers

change location

Italians in Tripoli

by amarfisi Online Now Mar 26, 2004 at 5:49 AM

I'm an Italian born in Tripoli and thronw out in 1970. I'm now a USA citizen and i"d like to go back to see if my house is still there. Any ideas? Angelo

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • maro83's Profile Photo

Re: Italians in Tripoli

by maro83 Online Now Mar 26, 2004 at 7:51 AM

Hi! I'm from the north of Lebanon and I pass by Tripoli on my way to my village so if you give an exact address or more specific information, i can check it for you. Good Luck in your search! Mira

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Re: Italians in Tripoli

by amarfisi Online Now Mar 26, 2004 at 1:04 PM

My address was; Via Alessandro Ventimiglia. Case operaie. Thanks, Angelo

• MM212's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Italians in Tripoli

by MM212 Online Now Jan 27, 2006 at 5:48 AM

By the sound of it, I think you meant Tripoli, Libya, not the Lebanese counterpart. Correct? As far as I know, no Italians were "thrown out" of Lebanon, ever. Libya, perhaps?

• iwys's Profile Photo

Re: Italians in Tripoli

by iwys Online Now Apr 2, 2007 at 6:18 AM

I have visited Tripoli in Lebanon and Tripoli in Libya. The Italians were, of course, thrown out of the latter. I go to Tripoli, Libya quite often, but most of the Italian street names have ben replaced by new Arabic street names. I suspect that your house is still there, as most of the Italian colonial buildings have been left intact. Take a look at the photos on my Tripoli page and see if you can recognise the area where you lived.

As a US citizen you can come to Libya on a group tourist visa, a day visa from a cruise ship or a long-term work visa.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Tripoli