Trinidad and Tobago

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Night LIfe

Trinidad and Tobago Sep 10, 2014 at 7:43 PM

Where's good night life for single ladies 40 -50. Good jazz, r & b, blues? dancing?

1 Answer Sep 11, 2014 at 8:34 AM
    • Best Beach Towns to live in for awhile in Trinidad and/or Tobago

San Fernando Jul 29, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Hi all,
      Looking for some good info about where I could live on island for about 3-6 months, maybe longer... I want to rent a furnished apartment within 10-15min walking distance from beach, town and entertainment. I will not have a vehicle. I want a town with great nightlife and friendly locals. I'll be arriving within a month. Please please offer up any suggestions :) Many thanks!!

• Entertainment

Trinidad and Tobago Jul 24, 2014 at 7:03 AM

It's my brother in law birthday and I want to take him and a crew to a nice fun filled place preferably somewhere with karaoke or live artist entertainment on a Saturday night only. Any suggestions

• POS to Venezuela

Trinidad and Tobago Jun 10, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Transport from Trinidad to Venezuela
      Cost
      Times / Dates
      Place
      ?

5 Answers Jun 10, 2014 at 8:20 PM
    • taylorcarrington's Profile Photo

13 year old flying on their own from Canada to Trinidad

Trinidad and Tobago May 3, 2014 at 12:35 PM

My daughter is going to be visiting a family friend in August. I'm wondering if there is at all a possibility that she might have problems once she arrives at the Trinidad Airport. My parents are concerned that she could be turned away for some reason. They want to know what I would do then. I would go insane if anything at all happened to her at the airport and I wasn't there to help.
      Also does anyone thing that she is too young to go there own her own? Her dad's side of the family lives there. She will be meeting siblings and possibly her dad (if she decides she wants to once she's there). Plus the one I'm sending her to, is someone I trust very much.
      Any advice or info you may have about a young one traveling on their own, would be greatly appreciated.
      Just so you know, she has traveled on her own since she was 6 (in canada), so she is very comfortable with all the procedures.
      Thank you for taking the time to read this, and hopefully responding. :)
      Taylor (the mom) ;)

7 Answers Jul 31, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    • Need visa to transit for 2 hour wait ?

Trinidad Apr 18, 2014 at 1:42 PM

In Port of Spain airport do you need a visa in order to transit there? It is only 1-2 hour wait till the next flight. In the past they stop me and also have let me through even without visa. I want an answer set on stone for this.

5 Answers Apr 18, 2014 at 4:14 PM
    • No1Uknow's Profile Photo

Budget Accommodations North End of Tobago?

Trinidad and Tobago Mar 18, 2014 at 10:31 PM

Hello All,

Looks like a nice site. I'm glad to be here!

I have to travel to Trinidad for work and want to make a side Tobago for some SCUBA diving. I am hoping one of you fine people can offer suggestions for budget-friendly accommodations on the northern end of the island, where the more interesting diving seems to be. I'm open to any other suggestions as well, as I've never been to the area.

Thanks in advance!

No1Uknow

3 Answers Mar 24, 2014 at 12:52 PM
    • Night Life

Chaguanas Mar 2, 2014 at 1:52 PM

What is the night life like in Chaguanas?

1 Answer Mar 15, 2014 at 1:34 PM
    • SueE24's Profile Photo

uphill walk?

Little Tobago Jan 23, 2014 at 1:02 AM

I am retired and very out of shape. If we visit little Tobago and I can't manage the path up, is there anywhere to sit or walk near the jetty?

Sue

• Transportation in Trinidad & Tobago

Trinidad and Tobago Jan 19, 2014 at 2:02 PM

Is the local transportation system in Trinidad and Tobago tourist friendly?

• inari's Profile Photo

cotton house - tobago

Trinidad and Tobago Dec 28, 2013 at 6:02 PM

does anyone know if they have set up a website yet? they were planning to but have been unable to find it.
      Thanks

2 Answers Dec 28, 2013 at 6:35 PM
    • kid friendly

Trinidad and Tobago Dec 5, 2013 at 9:51 PM

hey is it a crazy idea to take my 5 year old son? He would love the beach and hiking and animals. but would we be targets for mischief?

1 Answer Dec 5, 2013 at 11:18 PM
    • hotels / guesthouses in Port of Spain

Trinidad and Tobago Oct 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM

We are looking at booking either Courtyard by Marriott Port of Spain or Inn at 87. The prices are exactly the same. Does anyone have any opinion on either or?

Thanks!

1 Answer Oct 20, 2013 at 8:16 PM
    • hotels / guesthouses in Port of Spain

Trinidad Oct 12, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I am looking at staying in the Port of Spain area from Dec. 31, 2013 to Jan 2, 2014. There will be 4 adults and our budget is about $100-$150 for the room per night. We have short-listed the hotels to the following: The Gingerbread House, Forty Winks Inn, and Inn at 87.

So far, it seems that Gingerbread and 87 are our frontrunners as Forty Winks seems to be East of Charlotte Street. I have read that East of Charlotte Street and the 'jungle streets' of Port of Spain are not as safe.

Thoughts and experience would be much appreciated. Or if you have any other accommodation suggestions, that would be great. Thanks in advance!

• Seradoms's Profile Photo

Renting a car.

Port-of-Spain Oct 5, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Wondering if it is safe / efficient to rent a small car (likely from the POS airport) to venture around the island? I only have 2 days, and was thinking about heading 30 min out of town to Maracas Bay.

How are road conditions?
      Local law enforcement?
      Rates of car theft?
      Traffic in POS?
      Ease of navigation?

Thanks!

• accommodations

Trinidad and Tobago Sep 11, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Hello, Everyone! We are looking for accommodations in Trinidad and also in Tobago for 4 adults.

We thought apartment rentals or self-catered apartments would be the most budget and best value option. However, we're open to hotel suggestions, or any other living arrangement suggestions. We were hoping to spend between $100 to $150 per night.

Any suggestions on areas to stay in? We're pretty active, love activity (ie. hiking, exploring, nightlife, ecotourism), etc., and also enjoy the beach and relaxation.

I presume that the islands are small enough to get around that it would make the most sense to stay in one place, and drive to the various parts of the islands to check it out. We would get one place in Trinidad, and another in Tobago.

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers Oct 12, 2013 at 1:52 AM
    • Camping in TObago

Trinidad and Tobago Aug 19, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I am traveling with a friend to Tobago this December and we'd like to camp as much as possible. Has anyone got any tips?

2 Answers Aug 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    • Which maxi taxi?

Trinidad and Tobago Aug 16, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Hi, which colour maxi taxi do I take from POS to Maracas Bay? Thanks :)

1 Answer Aug 16, 2013 at 3:30 PM
    • Carnival 2014

Trinidad and Tobago Aug 11, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Hello, I would like to know if anyone can give me some insight about T&T 2014. As I'm traveling to this country for the first time, I've seen some traveling agencies charging 3000.00 for 6 days not including flights. I dont want to tour, just want to do the carnival, possibly stay for like 4 days total. Can anyone give me some insight and a cheaper route to take but still enjoy myself.

1 Answer Aug 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM
    • Rent motor boat/yacht

Trinidad and Tobago Jul 12, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Good afternoon! We decided to go to Tobago, tell me please where we can rent a boat or a motor yacht??

6 Answers Jul 13, 2013 at 7:25 AM
    • ChantelleM's Profile Photo

Cost of living

Trinidad and Tobago Jun 24, 2013 at 4:15 PM

Hi, I'm travelling to Trinidad next month and I really want to know what is there to do? Any clubs, social bars or hang-out spots?
      Also, is it expensive? What's the prices like down there? Any shopping areas, places you must see???? Please all the detail will help especially the cost of food and living.

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

US Navy CB Base

Trinidad Mar 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Hi does the US Navy CB base still exist? And what is the closest city?
      Thanks,

1 Answer Mar 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    • taxi

Trinidad and Tobago Feb 26, 2013 at 9:07 AM

what is the best way of getting from city gate to ariapita ave?

• Onward flights neccesity?

Trinidad and Tobago Feb 8, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Bob smith
      To info@mns.gov.tt

Hello I am a UK citizen and I am hoping to come to Trinidad & Tobago for an unforseen amout of time, the reason for this is that I am travelling all winter and my return ticket is for May 9th when I will fly back to England for the summer. I will be flying back to the UK from Miami, USA. I am in Panama city, Panama at the moment and I hope to fly to Port of Spain on the 14th February. When I asked questions about flying to TT in Panama they asked me did I have an onward flight ticket, I said I dont need one because I have my Miami ticket back home also when I get to Trinidad I can make up mind how I want to get back to Miami. I am hoping to visit a good few of the Caribbean Islands on the way but I dont want to have to book onward tickets as I might want to stay longer in various places. I am a pensioner and I have adequate funds to do trips like this every winter, my question is ..... do I have to book an onward flight from TT or is my Miami return ticket okay. Bob Smith

4 Answers Feb 9, 2013 at 7:01 AM
    • AcornMan's Profile Photo

One morning to kill in northern Trinidad

Trinidad and Tobago Nov 14, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I arrive in Trinidad late Friday night and I don't have to be anywhere until about 2:00 on Saturday. I'm staying in Tunapuna at the Pax Guest House. What would be a good way to kill some time, have some fun, and do some exploring during my few hours of free time on Saturday?

1 Answer Nov 15, 2012 at 5:28 PM
    • globeexplorer's Profile Photo

General Time Questions

Trinidad and Tobago Aug 16, 2012 at 5:39 PM

Hi everyone,

I want to spend ca. 2 weeks in Trinidad and Tobago. How much time would you allot for each island?

I really appreciate your help.

Ella

8 Answers Dec 9, 2012 at 11:02 AM
    • RojitoRoy's Profile Photo

Ferries or Flights

Trinidad and Tobago Jul 9, 2012 at 7:46 AM

does anyone know if the ferries from Venezuela are running yet ? or if there are direct flights to Margarita Isla ? Thanks

7 Answers Jul 9, 2012 at 9:33 AM
    • indiantalks's Profile Photo

Trini Info

Trinidad and Tobago Jun 18, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Hi Trinibagonian's..
      This is sreekanth from India.I wanna work and live in T&T.So iam looking for hostels or sharing rooms where can i afford.And i need the details of rents and food expenses for 1 month in Indian Rupees(INR).So can any one help me to get the right information.
      Thank you....

• Trinidad to Orinoco delta

Trinidad and Tobago Apr 30, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I am thinking of coming to Trinidad in early August. And have heard about tours along the Orinoco delta. Does anyone have information on how to get to one of the stating points for these trips in Venezuela? I believe. They start in maturin or tucupita. Is it feasible to do a side trip like this from Trinidad?

1 Answer May 1, 2012 at 1:31 AM
    • Can someone tell me how to get from San Fernando to Chaguanas viz maxi or taxi

Chaguanas Apr 21, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Can someone tell me how to get from San Fernando to Chaguanas via maxi or taxi...emergency