Trinidad and Tobago Travel Answers

change location
AcornMan's Profile Photo

One morning to kill in northern Trinidad

by AcornMan Online Now Nov 14, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I arrive in Trinidad late Friday night and I don't have to be anywhere until about 2:00 on Saturday. I'm staying in Tunapuna at the Pax Guest House. What would be a good way to kill some time, have some fun, and do some exploring during my few hours of free time on Saturday?

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • starship's Profile Photo

Re: One morning to kill in northern Trinidad

by starship Online Now Nov 15, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Hi, it's been some time since our visit to Trinidad, but we visited the Monastery at Mount St. Benedict which has an interesting history, then virtually next door are the church (Our Lady of Exiles), a small gift shop where they sell traditional items but also food such as yougurt and honey, and the Pax Guest House closeby. We had tea at the guest house and enjoyed this place also because it is a great place for birdwatching. It is close to the Asa Wright Nature Center. I understand there is some hiking to be had here as well.

I could be wrong but I don't think there is much in the way of restaurants, shops, or nightlife in Tunapuna, BUT things may have changed since we were there. You may wish to read a little more about this on my Trinidad page. Hope this helps a little.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Trinidad and Tobago Travel Answer Locations