Travel Answers
Trinidad

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Need visa to transit for 2 hour wait ?

by ManY53 Online Now 15 hours ago

In Port of Spain airport do you need a visa in order to transit there? It is only 1-2 hour wait till the next flight. In the past they stop me and also have let me through even without visa. I want an answer set on stone for this.

more
    • Need visa to transit for 2 hour wait ?

by ManY53 Online Now 15 hours ago

In Port of Spain airport do you need a visa in order to transit there? It is only 1-2 hour wait till the next flight. In the past they stop me and also have let me through even without visa. I want an answer set on stone for this.

5 Answers 13 hours ago
    • hotels / guesthouses in Port of Spain

by travelling_princess8 Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I am looking at staying in the Port of Spain area from Dec. 31, 2013 to Jan 2, 2014. There will be 4 adults and our budget is about $100-$150 for the room per night. We have short-listed the hotels to the following: The Gingerbread House, Forty Winks Inn, and Inn at 87.

So far, it seems that Gingerbread and 87 are our frontrunners as Forty Winks seems to be East of Charlotte Street. I have read that East of Charlotte Street and the 'jungle streets' of Port of Spain are not as safe.

Thoughts and experience would be much appreciated. Or if you have any other accommodation suggestions, that would be great. Thanks in advance!

• charlesracine's Profile Photo

US Navy CB Base

by charlesracine Online Now Mar 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Hi does the US Navy CB base still exist? And what is the closest city?
      Thanks,

1 Answer Mar 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM
    • spanish nightclubs

by kbally777 Online Now Aug 7, 2011 at 1:47 PM

are the good spanish nightclubs in trinidad? if so, where are they located?

1 Answer Jun 21, 2012 at 11:11 AM
    • Bring frozen meat on a plane?

by crummer Online Now May 15, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Visiting some friends in T&T. They requested I bring some Boudain (it's a sausage type meat packaged like bratwurst). Can I package that in my underside luggage? I know there are restrictions on fruits and vegetables coming in the country... but I can't remember meat.

Any help would be appreciated

3 Answers May 15, 2009 at 3:22 PM
    • lorna41's Profile Photo

trip to angel falls

by lorna41 Online Now Oct 29, 2008 at 12:14 AM

Hi All
      Afriend would like to see Angel Falls in Venezuela while on holiday in T&T.
      He is not able to trek so I guess it would just be a flight over the falls.
      Can this type of trip be arranged ,if so when is the best time and what would be the cost.?
      Grateful for any help

2 Answers Oct 29, 2008 at 12:17 PM
    • Airport

by lbs720 Online Now Aug 23, 2008 at 6:07 AM

I will be arriving at the Port of Spain airport around 9:30 p.m. and have to be back again for a flight to Guyana at 7:30 a.m. (So I have to be there two hours early?) I do not want to spend a fortune for the night. Is there any cheap but safe hostel close by, or does anyone just spend the night at the airport when they have to be there so early anyway? Thanks.

3 Answers Sep 2, 2009 at 12:40 PM
    • kxner's Profile Photo

Airport Hotel

by kxner Online Now Jan 18, 2008 at 4:54 PM

We arrive about 8pm and leave about noon the next day from Port of Spain (in March). The last time we did this (2000) we stayed in the BelAir, but have read Very Bad Things about it recently, so am hoping for other suggestions for airport hotels. We'd prefer a free shuttle to/from airport and it'd be nice to have a convenient (attached or not) restaurant. I appreciate any help you can give me.

3 Answers Apr 10, 2008 at 11:30 PM
    • learning to make roti

by nive Online Now Jun 2, 2007 at 10:06 AM

Hi I will be visiting Trindad soon for a 6 week vacation. Was wondering if there was a school or a course I could take to learn how to make the wonderful roti/doubles/paratha/etc etc that is so ubiquitous of Trinidad???

2 Answers Jun 15, 2007 at 2:28 PM
    • meash's Profile Photo

where to buy a steel pan drum?

by meash Online Now May 2, 2007 at 9:57 AM

Hello!
      I was bidding for a steel pan drum on ebay for the last few days. I really got my hopes up and was then beaten to the post at the last few seconds :(
      Now i'm on a mission!
      I've been searching for places to buy a drum in the uk, but keeping options open, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much it'd cost to buy one over in Trinidad. Any info would be great. Thanks X

1 Answer Jun 6, 2007 at 4:29 PM
    • Anubian's Profile Photo

Carnival???

by Anubian Online Now Feb 8, 2007 at 11:27 AM

So, I'm contemplating going to Carnival, and I dont have that much time left to make a decision....but I would like to know if anyone is plannin on goin down, and has a place to stay they would like to split...Its gonna be hella expensive or impossible at this late in the game...but if someone is cool, calm and wanting to share let me know, so I can make the final say so...

1 Answer May 16, 2007 at 1:12 AM
    • dbeatty's Profile Photo

Trinidad Airport & Customs

by dbeatty Online Now Jan 26, 2007 at 10:17 AM

My husband and I are considering a flight connection in Trinidad. We would be arriving from the USofA. I'm wondering how much time we should expect to spend upon arrival, going through customs and obtaining our luggage. How large is the airport? If we only have one hour between our connecting flight, would we make it? Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Jan 26, 2007 at 10:26 AM
    • vidaboa's Profile Photo

Toursit visa for New Zealanders

by vidaboa Online Now Dec 4, 2006 at 3:21 PM

Ok, so I booked my flight and am leaving in 10 days, but was super slack about checking whether I need a visa, and just found that I do for T&T. I have to do a mad dash and get everything sent to London for processing (I'm in Sweden now), but what they are asking for is going to be difficult, as in two references of people who know me well in T&T. Just for a tourist visa? Have I downloaded the worng visa application? Has anyone from NZ been to T&T and gone through the process? I also found on the official T&T site regarding immigration (http://www.immigration.gov.tt) that I may simply arrive with a visa waiver filled out, which is not the information I got when I called the high commission in London. Another person told me that I amy be able to arrive without the visa and get one on arrival, but that the airline here in Sweden may not let me on the plane without a proper visa...Can anyone clarify what i need to do? I am in a desperate hurry.
      Thanks a million in advance,
      Damon

1 Answer Dec 4, 2006 at 6:10 PM
    • Grueslayer's Profile Photo

Dive Base in Trinidad

by Grueslayer Online Now Aug 13, 2003 at 12:15 AM

I found Tobago rather boring, so this year I'm just going to Trinidad (again). Does anyone know if there's a dive base in Trinidad? If yes, where is it, and is it recommendable?

3 Answers Nov 29, 2004 at 1:40 PM
    • K1W1's Profile Photo

Boats to Trinidad and Tobago from Venezuela

by K1W1 Online Now Oct 3, 2002 at 9:18 AM

Does anyone know if there are any boats or ferries to Trinidad from Venezuela? Also is there a website to let us know who needs visas for different countries?

4 Answers Dec 8, 2004 at 3:10 AM