Trinidad Travel Answers

change location

Airport

by lbs720 Online Now Aug 23, 2008 at 6:07 AM

I will be arriving at the Port of Spain airport around 9:30 p.m. and have to be back again for a flight to Guyana at 7:30 a.m. (So I have to be there two hours early?) I do not want to spend a fortune for the night. Is there any cheap but safe hostel close by, or does anyone just spend the night at the airport when they have to be there so early anyway? Thanks.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Airport

by sando01 Online Now Aug 26, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Trinidad's airport is pretty okay if you should decide to crash there, I've never done it personally but have passed through a lot in-transit to Dominica from Venezuela where I study, but usually opt to stay somewhere for the night. I stayed once at Airport Suites but it was too expensive for what I got for my money, the a/c was very noisy and the room was not in a very good condition. Twice after I stayed at Orchard View guest house, after searching online for somewhere to stay, this was a very nice place, very quiet a/c and the room was way better than the one that I had at A. Suites, and the price was okay enough for me. I was very comfortable there and the free airport shuttle from and to the airport turned out great for me, since I also had a pretty early flight the following day. The e-mail for them is orchardviewbb@hotmail.com, honestly if you are female like me, I'd suggest that you stay elsewhere than the airport, unless you have friends with you. Best Wishes.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Airport

by lbs720 Online Now Sep 10, 2008 at 8:27 AM

Thank you very much!

• prettywords's Profile Photo

Re: Airport

by prettywords Online Now Sep 2, 2009 at 12:40 PM

When we stayed in Trinidad overnight awaiting our connecting flight to Tobago, we stayed with Leo of Leo's B&B. He is a sweet man with a James Bond obsession who lives ~15 minutes from the airport. Leo collected us from the airport on our way to Tobago and dropped us off (at 5am) when we were heading back to the states forUS 25 and an air conditioned room with a private bathroom at his cute house is onlyUS 55.

I'd shoot him at email and see if he has any room available. He even arranged for a friend of his to drive us into Port of Spain and give a nice tour on our last afternoon in the area.

Telephone (868) 640-0117
    You can email him through this website: mytobago.info/airtravel08.ph...

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines