Trinidad Travel Answers

change location
kxner's Profile Photo

Airport Hotel

by kxner Online Now Jan 18, 2008 at 4:54 PM

We arrive about 8pm and leave about noon the next day from Port of Spain (in March). The last time we did this (2000) we stayed in the BelAir, but have read Very Bad Things about it recently, so am hoping for other suggestions for airport hotels. We'd prefer a free shuttle to/from airport and it'd be nice to have a convenient (attached or not) restaurant. I appreciate any help you can give me.

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • Re: Airport Hotel

by resse Online Now Jan 28, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Been through the same experience at the Bel Air unfortunately, but last time on another layover I stayed at Orchard view b&b, much better than my experience at Bel air, not very close though as Bel air was but a very clean and friendly place and the free shuttle as you are looking for came with the stay. We picked up something to eat on our way there from a food court that they took us to. Look them up, glad that you are won't be at Bel air, terrible place.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Josilver's Profile Photo

Re: Airport Hotel

by Josilver Online Now Mar 6, 2008 at 5:30 PM

There is a new Holiday Inn opened last year, it would have to be better. Yes I had the same Bel Aire experience, the pictures on the web site look nothing like the real thing.

• kxner's Profile Photo

Re: Airport Hotel

by kxner Online Now Apr 10, 2008 at 11:30 PM

The Orchard View was booked, so they steered us to Sita Singh's place, The Airport Inn. She's 3 minutes from the airport, feeds you breakfast and gives you free airport transfers. It was very clean, quiet and in a nice neighborhood. I highly recommend this inn. The web site is www.airportinntrinidad.com or you can email her at sitasingh@airportinntrinidad.com.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines